Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a MTF transsexual

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Did you at any point think "I can't go on with this"?
    Go on with what??,
    You mean to stop transitioning & go back to living a lie as a man,?? No Way!!!, I knew once I started this, there would be no turning back..

It was very tough for me to suck it up & tell the family of my intentions to transition, but had reached the point where I had to, and it was a shock to them because all they ever saw was a tough guy, mans man before, & had to tell them what they saw was just a lie & a disguise hiding my true identity inside.. so that was the toughest thing I've ever had to do, but what a huge weight off my chest after I did it!!!, the rest has been fairly easy ever since then..but there's always going to be bumps in the road now & then..

What did you do to keep yourself going to the point you've now reached?
    I guess faith in what I will be, and setting goals...

I knew from the start nothing was going to change overnight, and it has been a very long process, money has been ever so tight, so slowly BUT surely, I will be complete someday & hope this will all be a distant memory..But will never forget where I came from or this journey to reach my goals..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BreenaDion View Post
    How do you get your brain hard wired, so no switching back an forth?
    I am honestly not sure how to answer this question because I am not sure if I understand the question as it is written. You can't "get" your brain hard-wired. Your brain IS hard wired. You can train yourself to drop certain defenses or form new habits, but you can never change who you are. This is the very issue that many of us struggle with. For those of us hard wired as female, no matter how much we deny that through our lives or try to live otherwise, does not in any way change who we are.

Is it true that alcohol helps you stay male (in the brain)?
    I have never heard this.

What can we do to change the Standards of Care to fit the changing times?
    Changing times or not, the Standards of Care are there for a reason. They protect us all. Whether it protects each of us individually or not, it protects the integrity of a vital transitional step for many of us. Without the Standards of Care and the fairly strict guidelines they maintain, there would be a far greater incidence of impulsive decisions and later regrets by those who would not have made it to that point through the SOC. There are enough obstacles on our path as it is. Do we really need higher "regret" statistics for the naysayers to throw our way with an argument of "how can you be so sure? I know so-so who had the surgery done and regrets it now and wants to change back" This is of course not the ONLY reason why I feel the SOC are still valid. However, I think it is shortsighted to say that we should do away with them for the convenience of the few who would benefit from less regulation.

Why is the suicide rate for the T community so horrablely high?
    I, of course, can't answer for the ENTIRE T community on this question because this is a VERY complicated issue. However, the answer I would give is "FEAR". In regards to the T community, ostracism is a fairly common and real concern. Many feel their gender issues building up inside to the point where they are about to explode. But when the fear takes hold, it keeps these issues bottled up. Many look at life as an "either/or" issue. They see things as black and white......no grey at all. This can cause serious issues when dealing with transsexuality. Imagine this scenario in the head of a questioning transsexual. "I know I feel like a woman. I think like a woman. In fact, I KNOW that inside, I AM a woman. However, look at this body......years and years of testosterone masculinization. Countless abuses thrown its way in an effort to "prove my manhood" Even with hormones and surgeries, I will never fully "pass" in a world that can be less than hospitable to those who are considered "different". Yet, I can't keep living as a male anymore.....it's a lie. Therefore, maybe I should take door number 3.....suicide.....end it all." I am not in ANY way trying to justify this course of action. Just illustrating the thought processes involved in reaching that conclusion. The problem with the thought processes there are that they are ENTIRELY for others benefit. Once you make the major step of becoming self aware and make decisions based on what is best for YOU and NOT what society deems as "acceptable" or what won't challenge the thoughts and attitudes of loved ones. Many who commit suicide over gender issues, undoubtedly (at least in my mind) are doing it for the sake of others. Not in the same sense as jumping in front of a bullet for someone, but rather to not challenge their thinking with a fear of the worst possible outcome. And yes, much is to not have to deal with that outcome yourself, but part is to not force that outcome to occur in the first place from someone you love.

Why did my bell go off so late in life?
    How late did it really go off? And how much of that time was spent ignoring it? Everybody has a different timetable for their life. Some are better than others at "coping" while some may be more sensitive to their disphoria. There is no set answer to this just as there is no set answer to why one woman wants to have children at 18 while another waits until she is 35 before she is ready.

Even though you knew you were on the right road, did you find the whole idea of possible transitioning scary?
    Absolutely! I was totally scared out of my mind! When I first started seeing my therapist, I was trying to find an alternative to transitioning. Up until that point nothing had worked and I was desperate to find SOMETHING that could keep me from having to transition. Once it was totally obvious what I had to do, there was no point in fighting any more. I jumped in headfirst with an almost enthusiasm. It just took me exhausting all my other options before being able to make that one "scary" decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    When you think of FtM's, do you find it hard to imagine why we need/want to be men? Yes, we all understand transsexuality, but, beyond that, do you ever sit back and think, wow, why would anyone want to be a man? Or, they have everything I want, why would they want to change it?
    I don't find it hard to imagine at all. I know the depth of my feelings and totally can empathize with my brothers on the other side of the spectrum. Having had these feelings my whole life it makes me able to very easily see someone for who they truly are and not all the "physical stuff" And while the physical is nice to have, it is NOT who you are. It's the inside that matters. I think we have some of the best guys on the planet right here (well, not RIGHT here......maybe a couple sections over )

Quote Originally Posted by Julia26 View Post
    did any of you MtF's ever have doubts about whether or not you truely are a transexual?

If so how did you deal with those doubts, and what made you finally come to the realization? Was therapy the only way to reach that answer?
    Therapy does help SIGNIFICANTLY but only if you truly want the answer. If you go into it with your preconceived answer to your "question" then it will do nothing for you at all. However, if you use it as it is designed, then it will open up new worlds that you never knew existed.

As to whether or not I have ever had doubts, yes and no. The only doubts I have had are in relation to vocabulary. There are so many terms being thrown around trying to pin a specific description to every single person and then lump them into a common category. This can be VERY confusing to someone who knows the issues going on in the head yet not being able to verbalize it. Getting the right term to label yourself can be tricky. Especially when new to "community"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Do you get mood swings? and if so how do you cope with them?

What advice would you give to an SO also coping with mood swings.
    I am like the giant Pirate Ship of mood swings. I get them quite frequently. As for coping, the only advice I can give is as the bumper sticker says "sit down shut up and hold on" It is definitely a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus View Post
    Are any of you into dudes? It seems like 99% of the 'dealing with so' type posts here are about wives/female partners. For those who are into dudes (there has to be some!), dp you feel outnumbered here?
    I am into "dudes" and no I don't feel outnumbered at all. The only reason female partners seem so prevalent is there are more issues brought up due to the complexity of the situation. Most TS individuals who are already in a relationship with a male are either already fully "out" or that has been discussed prior. Having an openly "gay" relationship (which is how it would be seen prior to transition) would be close to par with just coming fully out as TS. Therefore I think few would take the step to risk the ostracism of being openly gay but be fearful of being fully honest and coming out as TS. In many relationships involving women, though, the wife or SO considers herself straight. To then change the rules on her to where she is now in love with another woman, is where the issues come in. And no, I am not saying that it is the SO who has the problem here......just that it makes for a highly complex situation.

Of course I have felt like I can't go on. Especially when faced with my current family situation (they are very UNaccepting) However, these thoughts are fleeting and not quite the same as what you describe. It is not a matter of "can I go on with this?". Instead, the question has been, "can I go back to living that lie?" There have been times that I have seriously considered it for the sake of making my family happy, but when facing that life again, I would rather die now. In the past, I had dreams of how life COULD be and what happiness COULD feel like, but I never experienced them first hand. Now that I know what I was missing out on, I could NEVER go back to that old life ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa marseau View Post
    Should a person at my age (45) just go for the T-blockers and not push so much for the estrol? I will ask doc also but would like thoughts from others. I think estrol will not be that effective at my age. Am I wrong?
    This is one of those questions that I will always pass off to the professionals. I went to college for 1 year before dropping out due to lack of direction......they went for the better part of a decade and know what they are talking about. Talk to the doctor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]Kelly Kelly Bo Belly Banarama Moe Mel Lee Fee Fie Foe Fell E KELLY![/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]~:>[/SIZE]
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...le-avatar1.jpg
    [SIZE="3"]FABJSFADHH [SIZE="1"](Female At Birth Just Suffering From A Distended Hoo Haa)[/SIZE] Kelly[/SIZE]

It's good to be Strange! Michelle_Sullivan's Avatar
    Even though you knew you were on the right road, did you find the whole idea of possible transitioning scarey?
    No... I could finally be me, no more hiding, no more false bravado. The only thing I found scary was telling my (now ex) wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Do you get mood swings? and if so how do you cope with them?

What advice would you give to an SO also coping with mood swings.
    When I started HRT, and when the levels were adjusted.

To help.. I take a prognova with each meal rather than all in the morning as the doc suggested would be ok.

I also take the spiro in the morning (first thing I do when I get up).

I mostly put the sachet of sandrena on last thing at night ... however if I have had a late one and get up late the following day I'll put one on directly after the shower as the absorption is quick and can make me feel a lot more 'alert'

Progesterone I used to take at night, I now take in the morning with the spiro. Keeping the medications regular and at regular intervals seems to be the answer for me.

Can't go on with what...? Life...? My life is that of a woman, that's not going to change ever.

What did I do to keep going...? I lived my life... I guess I don't understand that question.. maybe it would be more better targetted at a CD that has decided to be CD in public all the time... rather than a TS who is transitioning (I am a firm believer we will never stop transitioning, we may get to a state where we feel we need no more, but life is a journey that stops with death. When you start to transition you are re-born... the journey restarts, and continues until your death.)
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 09-29-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    Be happy, be true, be strange!

Shells
    xx

One day you will seek love and be sorry that you threw mine away.

If you're not truthful to others, how can you be true to yourself?

Michelle on MySpace | Michelle's Blog | Club Shots | Shells' Shots!

prisioner behind flesh JennyTG24's Avatar

Unhappy struggling

Hiya, for the last 3 - 4 weeks i have been feeling so down, i keep waking up in the mornings about 2-3 oclock in cold sweats and in tears. i cant cope on my own anymore, I have been to my GP and i told him about myself and the way i feel. he assest me as having mental problems and he sent me to a phycologist. and the phycologist sent me to the transgendered clinic in londen. unforgently the dept i am in is taking over all my spare money and i couldnt afford to keep going to londen, I told my employer about myself so i could have the time of to go to londen but as soon as i told him he sacked me, and gave a silly reason why but i knew what it was for. since then i work as male because i cant risk loosing this job i have got now. i do live full time though when im at home. but im still living a seprate life and this hurts.. I have been searching all week for a transgender theropist in birmingham but i cant seem to find one.. Im just finding it so hard to cope with my feelings and the way i am looked upon within sociaty, my self comfidence is so low. i just feel that im falling deeper into a hole and no mater what i do i cant get out of it..

If anyone knows a nhs theropist in the birmingham UK area. please let me know, Thank you for taking the time to read this. im sorry i seem so depressive.
    JennyxXx

Quote Originally Posted by JennyTG24 View Post
    Hiya, for the last 3 - 4 weeks i have been feeling so down,
    toss an idea out there for you. Perhaps getting "sacked" is a good thing. It is an opportunity for you to change your life. While living in london may not be what it's all cracked up to be there are jobs there and you would be close to medical personelle and support groups. I think at this time you need support from a therepist and fellow trans people more than anything. While I don't know what kind of work you do you may actually find an employer who does not care what you look like and only cares about how well you can bring money into the company. which if you look at it that way why would anyone get fired for being trans?

btw not sure if this is the right place for this question to have been posted.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

getting worse or getting better

over each decade I seem to be getting more and more girly. From clothes to personality to more androgynous to even dating men and well, behind clothes door stuff. I think of myself now as bi but have become more and more comfortable in my femme mode which was not always the case some time back. I 'fear' i might be moving closer to being a ts...i certainly think about it more today than i did when i 'just' dressed. Did any of you have a similar journey? how many of you went Full time vs. staying in the 50/50 convertible mode?

Admittedly, i am scared because my inner self says if i were ever to move further down this path, my life as with you all would change dramatically (financial, friends, etc.)....gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about that...yikes.

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanie View Post
    over each decade I seem to be getting more and more girly. From clothes to personality to more androgynous to even dating men and well, behind clothes door stuff. I think of myself now as bi but have become more and more comfortable in my femme mode which was not always the case some time back. I 'fear' i might be moving closer to being a ts...i certainly think about it more today than i did when i 'just' dressed. Did any of you have a similar journey? how many of you went Full time vs. staying in the 50/50 convertible mode?

Admittedly, i am scared because my inner self says if i were ever to move further down this path, my life as with you all would change dramatically (financial, friends, etc.)....gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about that...yikes.
    Yes it's a scary journey, but if you are truly TS,( I don't mean that to sound like elitism.) It's a journey you have to take. Please get with a therapist, experienced with gender issues.
    Last edited by Joan Merrie; 11-12-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

year to year

thank you for the advice.

I did in fact see a counselor/Psych for about a year. It was a great experience. Learned quite a bit about myself. Seemed as if the counselor was trying to convince me that i was as oppose to me coming and saying it.

maybe its social norms that prevent me from admitting it. not sure. I feel happy in both lives but certainly have progressed to the other side much more than i would have ever expected as i think through each decade of my life.

i know that when i am dressed, i feel amazingly comfortable. Love to interact with whoever when ever. those that i have met say they would have to take a close look to tell otherwise. I feel a total body, mental and emotional shift.... Admittedly, i have sexual thoughts and exploits that i never have when i am in drab.

well, rather than a long story...i do appreciate your feedback. the man inside me probably just doesn't want to go to the doctor to potentially find out the truth....

How do you get your brain hard wired, so no switching back an forth?
    when i got my diagnosis i just went full time my gf helped by removing all my male cloths so after that i had no choice

Is it true that alcohol helps you stay male (in the brain)?
    never heard of that. but alcohol will impeded the estrogen

What can we do to change the Standards of Care to fit the changing times?
    there fine just the way they are

Why is the suicide rate for the T community so horrablely high?
    for some of us we lose everything friends family work, now with no were to go no money to support ourselves or to get the hormones no where to live but the streets add fear the unknown we are scared little girls with no future no hope many Dreams but no way to get them what would you do ???

Why did my bell go off so late in life?
    i started at 44 is that late ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1. How do you get your brain hard wired, so no switching back an forth?

By definition, to be "Hard wired" means to be set in one way, fundamentally so. Therefore, one cannot hard wire their own brain. Switching back and forth is normal. It takes deep introspection and perhaps counseling to find real answers. Take it a day at a time.

2. Is it true that alcohol helps you stay male (in the brain)?

Actually, the case is quite the opposite; Many studies have shown that alcohol increases levels of estrogen, though these studies usually focus more on this and its correlation with breast cancer. Just try googling "Alcohol and Estrogen." Plenty of articles there.

3. What can we do to change the Standards of Care to fit the changing times?

My knowledge in this field is limited at best. So, because I am 18 and full of spirit, I say ACTIVISM!!!

4. Why is the suicide rate for the T community so horrablely high?

Well, I can only speak for myself, but the burden of keeping transgenderism a secret is very hard. one feels alone, freakish, strange. Perhaps with more education, and far less bigotry, these terrible statistics will decrease.

5. Why did my bell go off so late in life?

Hmmm, my bell has rung as long as I can remember, so I can't really answer this. Perhaps denial?

6. Even though you knew you were on the right road, did you find the whole idea of possible transitioning scary?

I'm terrified, and I've only just begun.

7. When you think of FtM's, do you find it hard to imagine why we need/want to be men?

Not at all. My wanting to be a woman doesn't stop me from realizing that they feel the same pain we all do.

8. did any of you MtF's ever have doubts about whether or not you truely are a transexual?
    If so how did you deal with those doubts, and what made you finally come to the realization? Was therapy the only way to reach that answer?

Hmmm......I've always felt that I wanted to be a woman, but when I finally figured out what "Transgender (or rather, sexual) meant, I wasn't sure that was me. It took a lot of introspection and research. After all of that, I though "I wanna be a girl, and I always have, everything else be damned."

9. Do you get mood swings? and if so how do you cope with them?

Yes, but I think that stems more from my depression than anything else. I have it clinical depression, so yeah...But it's been good as of late!

10. Are any of you into dudes? It seems like 99% of the 'dealing with so' type posts here are about wives/female partners. For those who are into dudes (there has to be some!), dp you feel outnumbered here?

I am attracted to women both in a masculine way and in a feminine way. As for men, I feel like I would have to be a woman first. So, I could be a Bi woman or a Straight man.

11. Did you at any point think "I can't go on with this"?

Well, I've only just got on the transition train, but so far, no, I haven't. I am determined to see it through. But hell, talk to me in 5-10 years. I'll probably have a different answer.

12. Should a person at my age (45) just go for the T-blockers and not push so much for the estrol? I will ask doc also but would like thoughts from others. I think estrol will not be that effective at my age. Am I wrong?

Ask an Endocrinologist or a doctor, I would have no idea, lol.

[Btw, sorry about the simple quoting here, my internet, for some reason, refuses to load the page when I click on the quote button. >.<]

I have a personal question for the trans women, and if this isn't the place then feel free to give me hell for asking... the reason that I ask is simply because I'm trying to figure out where my feelings and behavior land in the TG spectrum.

It's about, well, blush, self-gratification. At a very young age I began doing this in what I would think is a more typically feminine way - not what males usually do. More of a fingertip brush, rapidly, on the most sensitive spot, and I would think it's something that females would do. It's highly effective and I still use this, blush. Blush blush blush. I'm trying not to make this sound like a stupid porn-ish question, please forgive me.

And I am asking because I'm wondering if this is something that others have discovered along the way. As I said, this began when I was very young and I'm wondering if it says something about how I'm wired. Now let me have it if I deserve it.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I think there is a lot of variation in how anyone accomplishes the "deed". I doubt that any one method demonstrates much other than what works for you ? It might be a sign of femininity in your personality, but it also might not in another person. I would say that the "way" I do it is unusual, but I think that is because I'm nuts. {just joking}
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

Am I In the Right Forum?

Hi, this is my first post.
    This is me. I've always known I should have been born female since my first haircut at three, that's when I realised myself and my sister were different (but the same). I threw a tantrum and was only pacified when my parents addressed me as Jennifer (They knew something).
    I remember asking my mother (a little later on) if I could be a girl and was told "NO YOU ARE A LITTLE BOY". I kept pestering her and she told my father but this resulted in me being teased and made to feel ashamed. I buried these feelings and towed the line. I preferred girls company to boys but the teasing started from my child peers, so I 'toughened' up. To cut a long story short I'm now 42 and after 22 years of alcoholism (I'm almost twelve months dry now!)I went into a rehab and spilled everything out. My counsellors in rehab helped me to accept myself for who I am and now I'm waiting for a psychological assessment. I had one about ten ago but was treated pretty awfully and as a result sank deeper into drink.
    Am I welcome in the transsexual forum?
    Kindest Regards,
    Jenny.

Sorry if I posted a reply instead of a question...newbie confusion!
    Last edited by Spinningjenny; 11-17-2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: I think I posted a reply instead of a question...Sorry!

Jenny,

Most of us find something to use to hide in while we deal with life and grow up. For you it was a bottle.

It is a shame that those who should love us the most often try to make us "normal" to fit into the world where they see us instead of loving us and helping us find our place in the world.

There are many in this forum that have been and are in all stages of change and it sounds like you are yourself.

Perhaps posting an introduction in the normal thread area would be good to let everyone know you are here.

Good luck with your evaluation. I'm sure there are lots of girls here that have lots to share with you.

Veronica

GypsyKaren
    Jenny, of course you're welcome here, make yourself at home!

Karen

Question

I really don't know how to categorize my question so i thought this would be the right place. well Im not sure how many of you had to deal with what im about to share but hopefully im not alone. here we go... ok so currently i am a cross dresser. i started experimenting with cding when i was 17 and from then on the desire to dress only escalated, so all along i still belived i was a cd up untill the recent months that i begin to feel that i might be a transgender . now besides the point i've always liked girls and everything about them but for some reason whenever i had a chance to "get it on" with one i just couldn't do it. there was something in me that just made me feel that having "it" done with a girl is nor right. i've been in a 2 week relationship, which was the only one i've ever had. and the girl dumped me because i didn't want to have sex with her. i love and adore girls but when it comes to that i just can't i feel its not right. anyone else had that happen to them before?
    Last edited by girlalex; 12-10-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by girlalex View Post
    I really don't know how to categorize my question so i thought this would be the right place. well Im not sure how many of you had to deal with what im about to share but hopefully im not alone. here we go... ok so currently i am a cross dresser. i started experimenting with cding when i was 17 and from then on the desire to dress only escalated, so all along i still belived i was a cd up untill the recent months that i begin to feel that i might be a transponder. now besides the point i've always liked girls and everything about them but for some reason whenever i had a chance to "get it on" with one i just couldn't do it. there was something in me that just made me feel that having "it" done with a girl is nor right. i've been in a 2 week relationship, which was the first i've ever had. and the girl dumped me because i didn't want to have sex with her. i love and adore girls but when it comes to that i just can't i feel its not right. anyone else had that happen to them before?
    I really haven't experience the same as you. I've always been more interested into girls and I didn't have trouble making out with them as long as I didn't have to do it as a "guy". All that I didn't care for was basically the guy parts down there, but other than that I didn't have trouble doing anything. After I started the HRT I've been started to get attracted towards guys as well. However, I definitely prefer still girls over guys.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Might be a silly question idk, but here it goes. Did you identify as a crossdresser until you found out about being a transsexual? Basically im asking if you started out thinking you were a crossdresser and then later found signs that lead you to believe you were a transsexual?
    "Any life is made up of a single moment, the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is." - Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeA View Post
    Might be a silly question idk, but here it goes. Did you identify as a crossdresser until you found out about being a transsexual? Basically im asking if you started out thinking you were a crossdresser and then later found signs that lead you to believe you were a transsexual?
    Brooke, it's probably different for everybody. In my case, yes, until a year ago, I thought I was a soft-spoken, mild-mannered man who liked to crossdress. But the self-repression was too high and it took a whole summer without wife and kids to allow myself exploring this aspect to its limit. And I got scared at some point by what I felt... I DID NOT want to be a transsexual, having my life turned upside down, risk losing wife, kids, family and friends, undergo surgery, ouch! Are you out of your mind?

But then, I had to acknowledge. I did not choose to be born that way, but I could definitely choose to do something about it. I started my transition process 15 months ago and never regretted it. I am coming out to work tomorrow, finally. And I understand it's not the end of the road, but the beginning of a new one, a bit like leaving the country road and getting on the Interstate!

Take care of yourself, whatever your choice may be!
    Melanie

-- "Always put your own oxygen mask before helping someone else with theirs."

-- "You can't make someone else happy, but you can bring happiness into their life."

IMHO, I never categorized or defined myself as a crossdresser, or, that is, to say that I just enjoyed crossdressing but also enjoyed being 'a man' to the world at portions of the time, etc. I can remember when I was significantly young that, I looked at pictures of myself or my silhouette, and wished that I had longer hair, that my name was different, and that I could just wake up one day and be the girl that I dreamed. No one else on the planet at that time even knew I had desires to crossdress, however, if anyone had figured it out, I probably would have hid the truth (and did the one and only time I was caught dressing when I was much younger). My response then was that I was just experimenting or was curious, or that I didn't know /why/ I dressed. The truth that I was really transgender/ transsexual was probably far more clear than I ever realized, but didn't admit it (to myself or ANYONE really) until many years later.

I remember though, looking back now, that I fantasized for years upon years going through SRS, or wishing that I could.. but thinking 'No WAY! It's just not possible.. there's no way in heck I'd every be able to [afford/have the nerve to/be accepted/etc] transition. I saw it on TV, read about it again and again, heard about people who had, and how many treated it like some sort of dirty secret. You could say shame kept me quiet from identifying as my true self, so therefore I wasn't exactly going to lie and just say I liked to CD.. cause if I CDed, and people started asking me questions.. well, the truth would have leaked out. So I just hid.
    Last edited by Angel.Marie76; 12-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Mostly Harmless...
    I didn't think about being a crossdresser at all. It took me years to actually accept what I was but when I finally did it I knew what I was.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

This is a great thread! This question is for all tgirls of any stage that have changed orientation to be with men because my gf has a hard time answering this with me. I need a clear answer here if you can, ladies.

I notice a few tgirls change orientation or seem to through their transition... I'm curious... did you feel attracted to men before or after your hormone replacement therapy? In other words, were you harbouring secret desires for men and just being dishonest with your partner for fear of being dumped or did your growing attraction to men take you by surprise?

My other question related to this was - WHEN did you notice these changes?

Thankies in advance, ladies.

Akira

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Shaolin View Post
    This is a great thread! This question is for all tgirls of any stage that have changed orientation to be with men because my gf has a hard time answering this with me. I need a clear answer here if you can, ladies.

I notice a few tgirls change orientation or seem to through their transition... I'm curious... did you feel attracted to men before or after your hormone replacement therapy? In other words, were you harbouring secret desires for men and just being dishonest with your partner for fear of being dumped or did your growing attraction to men take you by surprise?

My other question related to this was - WHEN did you notice these changes?

Thankies in advance, ladies.

Akira
    Before I started the hormone therapy and all of this I couldn't stand men. I thought of myself as a lesbian. Now I've started to realize it wasn't men I dislike but it was my own male body. Now I'm definitely bisexual and I feel attracted to both sexes.

Yes, it took me by surprise as for so many years I've thought of myself as a lesbian that has been imprisoned inside a male body. Suddenly, without a warning it turns out not to be quite so true.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Thanks for your reply, Shikyo.

Akira

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Shaolin View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Shikyo.

Akira
    You're welcome. *purrs happily on the floor*
    I look like a Girl