Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Did You Give Yourself a Name?

Did You Give Yourself a Name?

well with me I do use my female name, and its used in some of the shope I shop in, and besides we all need a female name.

I want both sides of me to be equal, in a yan/yang kind of way, and since I already have a male name I needed to have a female name in order to balance it out. Complicated, but true.

My male name just sounded all wrong while I was dressed,or feeling girly. I so much love hearing the GG's at the salon,or when shopping call me Kristy. Because when I'm feeling girly,that's who I am.

I dont give myself a name i must say, i
    used the name sarah however as my previous username was a risk to outting myself.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Little voice

Rebecca Jayne was that little voice inside of me for years. I nurtured her until she grew strong enough to come out and join the world.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Although many do not yet go out in public, they may do as I have done. I am on many sites dressed as a female Zwinky, Imvu, twitter, and flitter. We may not engage outside but on line it's a different story.

Well, many years back, I had been thinking about having one for a while, I knew about the tradition of them in support groups, even though I didn't go out. I didn't get to use it till 1999, online. and now, it's me, but yet not me. I've not decided what my permanent name would be (if I ever reach the legal documentation point), but I have decided that I will have the traditional middle name of the female members of my family, in honor of my late mother.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Since looking in the mirror and saying "I feel like Black Bart" doesn't seem girly?

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathytg
    Why, if nobody ever addresses us or even talks to us, why have we taken the trouble to give ourselves names?

[SIZE="2"]I gave myself a feminine name because it was required to have a presence here – until I found sites like this, it never would have occurred to me! I always thought of myself as myself, dressed or not, but since everyone else in MTF had a feminine name (well, almost everyone), I thought it would be fun to join in. Once my name was in place, I got into the whole idea more, but only in a hidden one-step removed sort of way. I mean, I don’t get all dressed up, look in the mirror and say “Hello, Frédérique.” I’m only Freddy when I come here, and it’s fun not to be “me,” even though my feminine persona is 100% me – does that make any sense?[/SIZE]

It goes along with the rest of the image, the clothes, shoes, makeup etc. Kinda completes the package.

Also comes in handy for online games when a fem name is needed for those female characters we play.

I never liked having femme names because I always though such a thing was a lie, and kind of hokey. But then I thought, what the heck? I am not Nathan, I just went with the family heritage.

...unisex names are better, like for instance, Dana, Darcy, kelly, Tracy, Robin, Ashley, Jamie, Meredith, Jody plus French names like René & Michel, minus the 'e' at the end.

My Female Name

I just LOVE the way Tamarah Michelle Lee, rolls off of my tongue. Tamarah Michelle is of my own creation, but the Lee is after the most beautiful and wonderful woman I have ever known! - my wife -
    xoxo
    Tamarah

Just one more and I will shushhh!

Soooo many of you have such Beautiful stories, and such Beautiful Names. Makes me cry, with tears of endearment to what I feel, and tears of pride for all of you and us!

Im new here, so, I just want to say Im PROUD of ALL of YOU!
    xoxo
    Tamarah Michelle Lee

I took a female name because it seemed like the right thing to do. Now that I have had it awhile, I see it's usefulness and i like it. I picked something close to my male name becuase I tend to forget other people's name and I was afraid that I would also forget my new name.

I'm dull...I needed one for this site.

I know a lady with the female version of my name and she wasn't amused when a guy used it on me a few years ago. So, mixed letters a bit, added Halloween since that had been the reason to start....presto, let's have a name.

Strangely, I actually met a Brina after choosing this username.

Brina

Pretty simple really

So as not to confuse people
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Screen name

Hello all.
    I for one gave myselfe a screen name that is close to my male identity.
    I would not expect to be refered to by this name anywhere but here.
    I was astounded at the weekend when my partner who was hugging me at the time told me that she loved me, and in the next breath said "but I'm not sure on Philipa".
    The suprise was that one she was having fun at my expense(no problem there) and two that she used my screen name.
    Both to me are signs of progress from her.
    But it is still only a screen name.
    PJ

Philipa Jane

I'm using my pen/stage name. It's feminine because I'm a cross-dresser. I want to be referred to as Fran.

There are only five or six people who can call me by my birth name. That's a privilege I do not hand out to just anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Ah, but a lot of people do know me as Joanie! In The Clubs, within my group, various merchants, just a lot of people. But, even for people who are not "out," I think they still need a femme name. For me, there is a definite female persona sharing this body with John. Seems only right she should have a name. I'm sure it is the same for others.

The name Joanie is obvious: John=Joan in female speak. As a kid I was always called Johnny, and Joanie seems a little less formal and far friendlier than Joan.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by Cathytg View Post
    .......There is a loneliness in a world where nobody calls you by your name.......
    Oh, but that is why I pronounce my femme name - Joni - the same as my real name "Johnny". That way I get called by my femme name all the time. Christian writer "Joni Eareckson Tada" pronounces her name Johnny, too.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Feelings with no outlet.. Ballerina's Avatar
    I'm not partial to names to begin with, but, "Sally" holds sentimental value to me, and it also addresses that I am, in fact, a CDer. I wouldn't care at all if no one mentioned my other name, I just find comfort in the fact that it is there, and it is a part of me.
    I'm not out to fool the world, just my inner girl
    Real men wear pink <3

G.K. Chesterton
    “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

I always liked the name and decided to use for this site.

I couldn't see dressing without a femme name, at times I wish I had a non-gender birth name.

Platinum Member

Forum Name Blue Orchid

As I don't venture outside I didn't need a femme name but
    last Dec. I joined this forum and needed a screen name
    so I thought long and hard to come up something diffrent.
    My favorite color is BLUE
    My favorite flower is an ORCHID
    And That my friends was the begining of Blue Orchid
    If and when I venture outside I will use Orchid as my name
    .................................................. ...............thanks.........ORCHID

Its simple...you need a name to register. 'Sally' was taken so I added a few numbers. I like the song Mustang Sally, I got the name from there.