Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's wearing what I wear!

She's wearing what I wear!

Hey All,

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been active here, so I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to write about something that I found very interesting. I have an article of clothing, it's a shimmery red short jumpsuit -- my wife picked it out from Forever 21. It's not the sort of thing that I would wear out unless I wore a jacket or sweater to go with it, but it's nice enough.

Anyway, I'm looking through some of my sister in law's myspace photos the other day, when I see a picture of her out at a club wearing the same exact thing!

Another time, I was walking around downtown Chicago and I saw a girl wearing a t-shirt that I had just purchased a couple weeks before. Have any of you ever had this happen to you? What did you think ?

Jessica

I was wearing a pair of women's shorts at a tavern some years ago. The female bartender was wearing the same shorts. I think I was the only one who noticed. A year ago I saw a woman wearing a skirt just like one I have, I had to tell her I had one just like it.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Yes !

Blue denim mini with white tank top, see that everywhere.

Maybe it's like buying an abnormal color car in an odd model so that you'd be unique, but after you buy it you see it everywhere.

But then again nobody else that I have seen wear that is over 6' tall and 200 + lbs.

Or huge eyebrows.

Funny thing I guess........

I saw the wife of a newscaster wearing my dress. I know where she shops!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

a bit unnerving :)

When I first started wearing woman's jeans all the time, I bought a pair of London button down jeans from VS. I had never seen them live on anyone else, until we took a trip to Atlanta, and as we were going up an escalator, in the opposite down escalator was a woman wearing the capri equivalent. We did look at each other but there was no eye contact.

That was my very first such connection, and the last one as far as I know!

tina

matching

i took my best friend to get his wife out of jail (long story) anyway he was waiting in the truck and I went in and paid her fine and waited for her to get out and the first thing she said was i know where you've been shopping I just happened to be wearing the same skirt as she was just thought that was kinda funny
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

I haven't seen someone wear what I have. However, I recently bought a multi-colored great pleated mid-length skirt by BCBGmaxaria and just last night while looking on Craigslist at women's clothes for sale, I saw the same skirt offered for $85.00 ($150.00 new). I giggled and felt so good. I bought mine at a great second hand clothing store in downtown San Francisco for $15.00. I thought that I had got a great deal and now I am sure about it. I just loved those unexpected little surprises like this one because they always make me feel so good!

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    I helped a former friend move his girlfriend in and she had a shirt I had as well.
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.

After coming out to older sister I though it was rather funny to find out she owned an almost identical skirt as I did. Same style, color, fabric, pockets, details, ect. just different brand names.

I found we have very similar styles and a lot of closely matching clothes, lol.

I am the middle sister, lol. My style is sort of a mix of my older and younger sister's taste in clothes. And seeing how I overlap them both in sizes they get to raid my wardrobe and vise versa.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Yes this has happened to me. I wa out for dinner with Jean and saw a lady wearing a top that I also had in my wardrobe. I told Jean that I would never wear it again!

This year the "Argyle" (sp) look is in. Picked up a sweater at Fashion Bug about two weeks ago, (off white with grey design)
    Paired it with some black pants when we went out to dinner Saturday night. Felt pretty good, until .... I spotted a lady with the identical sweater. Prayed wife wouldn't notice, (fat chance, thanks, God). She saw it, looked at me and gave me a look that would freeze the ocean. Not so much that we were wearing similar sweater, but more like I was spending more money on clothes.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

did a job last winter that when I got to the customers house, she opened the door and I felt like I was standing in front of a mirror. Same long sleeve blouse, same slacks but at least different shoes. She acted as if nothing was wrong and neither did I...did my job and got out. I DID hear back from the client that the customer thought I was very professional!!!

Jenn

Yes!!!

A couple of years back, I was grocery shopping and standing in the check-out line. A young professional woman was standing directly in front of me. We were waiting several minutes for it to be her turn then mine. I could not help but notice she was wearing a black wrap style dress, the same as I had purchased at Marshall's a few weeks before. I kept noticing how nice she looked in it and how I wished I looked as good in mine. I had to totally fight the thought of complementing her on her dress and saying, "I have a dress just like that and I really love it" Anyway I spent the rest of the time in line just wishing I was wearing my dress and being a lady. I still should have complemented on how nice she looked......but I'm sure it wouldn't have stopped there.

BTW...it is the same dress as in my photo here??????? How did I not figure that out till now?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 09-15-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: merged - please use the edit button

It depends who's wearing the same article of clothing. If they look bad in it, it makes me wonder if I look that bad, and I'll probably never wear it again. If they look okay in it, it's just kind of funny.

It shows that you have an eye for great clothing
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

There was a bartender at a place I used to do open mic comedy at years ago and I came in one night and immediately noticed she was wearing a skirt that I owned back at home. I wasn't "out" back then so I didn't say anything, but now I would probably have said "I have that same skirt!"

Speaking of Forever 21, I actually had the fun experience of wearing a skirt from there while I was shopping there again, it tickled me for some reason, to be going through the racks of clothes and see hanging there the same item I currently had on.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I had this exact thing a few weeks ago,,i bumped into an old friend who i hadn't seen in quite a long time. We were always fairly close, and fairly similar in taste, music, clothes and this sort of stuff. Well, we met up and she happened to be wearing the exact same high waist skirt and exact same cardigan i bought the week before. Life is odd like that,,,they weren't even from anywhere particularly well known! how strange!
    x flic x

It's a good sign that gg's are wearing many of the same things that you are! And the fact that your sister is the one wearing the same article likely just means you really picked something really suitable.

..it hasn't happened to me.. but I've definitely seen girls wearing things that I've then gone out and bought!

Right after I bought this skirt suit. (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3236/...f275d3ce_m.jpg). a girl in accounting showed up at work wearing the same thing.. She looked good but wasn't wearing a cute pink scarf and my pink heels were way nicer than hers. Accessories make the outfit!! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only

my experience

Well my wife and I went shopping once and while following along in the ladies dept I saw a dress i just had to have.The wife at the time didnt know about me and dressing.So the next day I went back and bought it I put it in my stash place and couldnt wait till She went to her sister in at the end of the month.Well I came home the day she was going to go and she was packing and there was that dress.I freaked think she found my stash but kept my cool and said to her new dress and she said she saw it the day we went shopping and decided to go back and get it.I found out i just missed her by about 20 min at the store.LOL if she only knew.

A polka dot bikini

I bought my first bikini at Target a few years ago. Black with pink and white polka dots on it, very cute. Since I am single and looking, I came across a profile of a gal who included a pic of her wearing the same bikini. Well she looked way better in it then I did but I didn't think that would be a great icebreaker email to send to her.

"I have the same bikini as you do, but it looks so much better on you then on me."

I have a feeling that it would have freaked her out.

Smile

[SIZE="3"]Not unless my wife is wearing something article of mine.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I haven't seen anyone wearing something I have, but I saw an outfit I have in a movie. The movie Beerfest, when they go to the games there are girls walking around handing out beer in red/black dresses, looks a lot like a maids uniform, a very sexy one. I got it before I saw the movie.

Just shows that you have good taste.