Thread: Psyching myself up

Psyching myself up

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to prepare myself for going out in public. It's not even anywhere on a scale of what a lot of you do, and it's even in a very accepting place, but it's still terrifying to me.

A friend of mine has been urging me to come out with her at least partly dressed. I don't really dress to pass - just to wear whatever the hell I want. This week, we're going out to San Francisco, in the Castro district - probably the most accepting place in the world. I'll be wearing girl jeans (maybe a skirt.), heels, painted nails and eye-makeup. Nothing extreme. But I am terrifiiiiiiied! I've been preparing myself by doing little things like taking out the trash in heels, and each time it's gotten easier and less scary. Am I a complete moron? Sometimes I'll get a little dressed at home and look at myself in the mirror and think I look ok. And then I tell myself I'm ridiculous and put on some "normal" clothes. It shouldn't be this difficult. Grrr. Especially for something so small and so stupid.

I'm sure it'll be fine once I'm out there, and I'm sure things will get easier. but until the big moment, TERRIFYING!

Don't look in the mirror!! Don't even think about what you have on.. Just walk out the door.. Scarry at first.. Oh Yeah but after a few time you can get just as comfortable walking out in MENS jeans as you do a skirt.. Wear what ever you want with confidence and no one will give you a second glance.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I know the way you are feeling.I think we all have been there. My first outing was to the post office to drop off a letter out side. When I got ther I walked in and thought what the hell are you doing. Back in the tahoe I couldnt stop smiling. You will be ok and I know when your out you will be thrilled.

Hi Hun
    i think we atre all scared at first but as meny girls will say it will get easyer the more you go out as i was the same the first time i went out, as you feel everyone is looking at you and the truth is they are not so have a good day out.

Been planning a shopping trip out of town (way out of town) and the thought of going out in femme is daunting -- however it is better to do it than sit around thinking "what if".

Lisa

Wow, such fun. Make sure you do it. You'll be surprised! Enjoy
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

As usual, Karren is right. Just do it, you won't be sorry. I remember the first time I went out dressed very fondly, I was so scared that I almost couldn't walk. But the important thing is that I went out. The second time was easier and the third time easier yet.

That was over two years ago and now I go out 3 - 4 times a week and just love it. Go out, you'll learn to love it also.

Nicole

It's the PERFECT place with the perfect company. Just DO IT !!!! You'll love it and want to do it again, and again, and again...........................................

Always wanted to the first time thing but always afraid to. Will do one day i suppose. After all halloween is on its way lol. x

Just some tips
    Play it over and over in your head...how you will walk, how confident you will portray yourself. Do this right before getting out of the car.deep breath.....just get out there and do it. Be confident with your head held high( act it if you are not a first)
    no looking behind you.....just act like you belong...you do.
    Have fun
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Be confident with your head held high( act it if you are not a first)

...and remember to smile.

Go and have some fun.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I think it'll be fine - but those initial nerves are awful! Once I'm out the front door, I'm sure I'll be ok - but it's getting up the courage to get to the front door which is tricky! I'm still undecided as to what to wear. Do I just wear jeans and heels, or do I be incredibly brave and skirt it up?

mental overload!

Ideally, I'd like to be brave enough to wear heels to work. maybe one day