Thread: CDing and Lucid Dreaming

CDing and Lucid Dreaming

I've been able to trigger lucid dreams for most of my life. Basically, you realize you're dreaming then you can control it. This has been a godsend for CDing because I can basically BE Jenni in my dreams and they feel as real as reality. I've used dreams for the simplest things, like trying on outfits to more deep and meaningful things like practicing coming out to loved ones. Has anyone else used dreams to explore their CDing, or am I just a weirdo?

wow... That's amazing.... I rarely dream and if I do it never includes crossdressing.... figure I'm living my dream.... lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I dream, but I can never usually control them like that. I have dreams where I am a girl or cross dressing sometimes, but not always.

I have been trying in recent to trigger lucid dreams, so far with no luck. I used to have a lucid dream or two each month when I was a teenager and was more actively reading about such things. Do you know of any good techniques I can try? This is really a great idea!

dont confuse lucid dreaming with the real thing!!in this kind of dreaming you are just skirting the edge of sleep.
    you dont want to try the way i learned it-spent two and a half month in solitary confinement in a communist prison many years ago.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

I never intentionally try to induce lucid dreams but the rare times I am able to remember my dreams (always get woken up during the wrong part of the sleep cycle) I am usually fairly alert and able to take control of things in my dream. Not really trying for it but the same effect. You can have some fun with them though if you can keep them going but I tend to wake myself up a short while afterwards.

I've had some very realistic dreams about being female. The only problem is when I wake up and realize that damn, it was just a dream.

I have never had this happen until recently. There was a stretch for a couple weeks where I had dreams every night about dressing. Sometimes lucid, sometimes not.

Yup you may be are weirdo...but so what? What you describe is pretty neat. :-)

The closest I've come to what you describe is having a dream, waking up and taking a few minutes to realize it was just a dream. Pretty powerful...does this ability decrease or increase your desire to physically CD?

Jenni, the ability to produce lucid dreams sounds like a wonderful gift.

I have crossdressing dreams about once a week. Most of the time, they're pretty positive, but occasionally, I do have a "reveal" dream where everyone I know finds out I love to crossdress and chastises me for it.

It would be wonderful to be able to guide my dreams. Any advice for those of us who would love to explore lucid dreaming?
    Linda Marie Daniels

I usually can't recall most of my dreams,but the ones I can most often are my CD dreams. Where I'm usually dressed up or in the act of dressing up. It seems to go in cycles though. It could happen quite a lot,like for a week or two,then it may be a month before I start having them again.

It's seems so weird but so fun too

There are tons of places online that claim to "help" trigger lucid dreams with tips and tricks and whatnot, but I think it's one of those things that's different for everyone. The key is to realize you're dreaming... Some things don't work right in dreams and if you learn to recognize them you can go lucid. The most common things are electronics and words. Light switches rarely work, alarm clocks are always wrong, if you open a book you can't read the words. All that logical brain stuff is on vacation. So if you're trying to read a sign or something and it looks like random letters you're probably dreaming, or you're in Wales.

Another trick that seems to work well is sleeping for about 5 hours (so that gets you into REM sleep) then getting up and doing something for an hour or so, like reading a CD forum, then going back to sleep. You'll hit REM sleep immediately and be more conscious of it, and usually start dreaming about whatever you were doing for that hour. I think that's why I tend to have the most vivid dreams when I nap.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear others have had this experience. It's been real helpful for me. I don't know what kind of advice I can give... It took me a while to make it useful and not immediately go for the sex-dream... that's so tempting and a lot of fun the first 100 times! Eventually I moved on to productive things like going to the office as a female and seeing what that's like!

If the sleep for 5 hours and up for an hour doesn't fit your schedule, then I'd suggest doing what's called "reality checks" throughout your day. It's pretty simple. You hit a light switch and it works, you think "Okay, I'm not dreaming." Sounds silly, but eventually you'll hit a light switch, it won't work and you'll think "Okay, I might be dreaming." Then look around and see if anything else is weird. If it is, you'll figure out it's a dream and then you can try to control it. Sometimes I realize it's a dream and I'm somewhere I don't want to be. I've if I spin around (you know, like Wonder Woman) and think where I'd rather be, when I stop spinning, I'll usually be in the place I wanted. Flying in a skirt is fun too! lol

OMG

I never thought about doing that in my dreams. Thank you so much

I teach dreaming. You learn something all the time.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill