Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I was "outed"!

This was incredibly cruel. We all have secrets in our life.

Hi Natalie, I really feel for you on this one but perhaps it might be time to except her apology at some point. Life is too short and if you do, you take the high road.
    GG's are tuned into feelings alot more than we are, which is why her friends and people in the restaurant let her know that what she did to you was nasty, spiteful and shameful.
    She is obviously shallow which is why she offered you her dresses, you should've said that you didn't want her dresses, it was her friendship you wanted and she betrayed that, big style!! She'll feel that, friendship is important.
    Let her stew abit more and then have a heart to heart with her, but you'll know not to trust her for a while, if at all.
    I wish you the best with this one
    good luck and lots of hugs

Susie xx

Silence is golden

Going thru such a wrenching experience can be really devastating especially if u allow it to be. If i were u i will not be angry and i will not be embarrassed i will just absorb the shock. I will definitely not waste my credit to call her on phone but if she calls i will answer and cut the conversation short and from that day she has cut the privilege of being my friend.

When i see her in public again i will not approach her but wen she approach me i will respond but she'll never see my smile again apart from a polite smile.

If u chose to allow her back she'll definitely do it again.

Live and let live. It's already been said, nothing you can do about that. Forget it happened or at least try, and move forward. Don't stoop to her level and say things about her that she doesn't want out. Be the woman you are and carry on

The better person

There have been some good advice in here, but one thing I do not agree with is just walking away and never talking to her. Everyone makes mistakes stupid, silly or plain out wrong we all are human. She may of hurt you yes, but that does not institute not talking to her. I would probably give her a second chance, but on limited terms because she hurt you once how do you know she won't do it again? She obviously still loves you and want's to be friends, but I don't think I would let it go that far again. If she want's you as a friend she will have to prove it and if something even comes up like that again I would give her the boot and never talk to her again. I do believe in second chances sometimes it takes a downfall for one to realize how special someone is in their life. I had sometime very similar happen to me, but it was more drastic than what you have described here. I had a total break down, but over the years I have come to terms with the situation and have learned a lot from my downfall. It has taken me years to gain the trust of friends back after that instance and a lot of my friends defriended me, but as I have worked hard to improve my own sitaution I realized my own folly and hope to make things better in the future!! All I need now is some friends and support and someone to dress with and shop with to help me along the path of life to share my feelings with, to cry when I need to and do the same for them. I offer my support to any who may be going through something as this as it can, will or has happened to all of us sometime in our lives, but don't recall because it wasn't important and we either learned to forgive that person or just simply walked away without another thought; in any instance I do hope that you talk to her and let her know the situation and how you feel about her actions and that if she ever want's to be your friend or even be in your life she has to play by your rules and if she can't agree to that then like I said I would boot her to the curb.

This was no doubt an very humiliating experience for you in the restaurant, and I can only imagine how you felt since your not publicly out, so I really felt so bad for you..
    This was obviously a deliberate attempt to embarrass you very badly in front of her friends, but sounds like she may have did it because she never had closure with your past relationship with her, she may have even still had very strong feelings for you, because we tend to only hurt the ones we love the most, then feel absolutely horrible & low after that, it's just from being highly emotional, dont know why, just the way it is..

Gotta say, I would of been mad as h e ll at her if I was you too, but I wouldn't of been able to ignore her calls me begging for forgiveness neither, sorry, I'm just a softy when it comes to tears, so I would of given her another chance to make nice, (just one though) only because I know people make mistakes & have deep regrets, plus would hate to have even her in emotional pain over it too, but maybe what you did was for the best.. I don't know, I guess it's OK as long as it doesn't eat away at you...Guess she got what she deserved, but I just know it would bother me to have it end like this..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

can you think of the things you could have said when it happened that could have bit right back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member
    That was completely wrong on her part. She's no different than a school yard bully; she did that to boost her own esteem and now that her friends are gone, she wants to apologize. No way. And this is a person who was supposed to "love you?" Right. My suggestion: walk proud and don't look back for if you do let her suck up, she'll only do it again.

Silver Member
    When my wife outed me to her friends, she was wasted and mad at me, it didn't really change anything. They all stayed friends and one who was very accepting enjoyed shopping with us even more. Her friend who called may be interested in your friendship.

that was really mean.. ur better off without her friendship huns

That is just about the most cruel thing I've heard, from someone who was close...
    It's great that you did not retort with a regetful blast.

I too can not forget such action, I can forgive and not dwell upon it but she could go her way, without me..

I too LOVE to dress, it is so sad that women get to wear all the beautiful and great feeling clothing.

I love the feeling of high heels, thigh-hi's, garters, longline bra's, corsets, waist cinchers, slips, long hair swishing my shoulders,, wish I could dress every day..

Business suits for women are accepted, as are short haircuts and No makeup.

Why cannot we be accepted to dress as we like ?
    The neverending question..

Best of Luck
    Hugs
    Yolanda
    Last edited by Yolanda_Voils; 10-06-2009 at 03:06 PM.

My ex outed me to the guys that I worked with and it was rough for a while but they soon found someone else to talk about .So , move past this and enjoy your life .

1. Next time you run into her, don't stop to chat. Keep walking.
    2. Take the high road. Don't call her, don't respond. Don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk. You can't win.
    3. Don't tell her how her comments hurt you. It may be exactly what she intended, and leaves you vulnerable for more of the same.
    4. You don't have to confirm or deny that you like to wear dresses.
    5. Leave her in you past and move on. She's bad news.

I've never been outted, but I have been extremely close to being caught a few times while dressed. For me the emotions came in the following steps:

1. Panic, total heartattack inducing panic at the thought of getting caught and someone finding out.
    2. Scheming, trying to come up with a plausible excuse, and not really coming up with anything good.
    3. Acceptance. Knowing that you are going to get caught, so you realize you are just going to have to deal with whatever comes up.

Like I said, noone except my gf knows about that part of my life, but I realize that the more I push the my luck, the odds are someone will. When that day comes, so be it. At that point, there is nothing you can do about it, and no reason to worry. If your friends look and treat you differently, then they are not good friends anyway. If strangers look at you funny, who cares, I'm sure that anyone can point out things about any person in the world to heckle them over, just feel good knowing you are a better person for NOT doing it.

As far as your ex goes. I would act like it didn't really bother me, but I would tell her that she was definitely in the wrong for breaking a trust that the two of you had. If people do find out about your secret, and they know it really bothers you that they know, it only feeds their asshattery. If you play it off, odds are the whole thing will blow over.

So sorry that happened. Some people feel a need to make others feel bad in order to make themselves feel better-too bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylen View Post
    If her friends think about what she did to you, they might realize someday that she might do a similur stunt to them too. Be glad she is out of your life. Consider yourself blessed that she is an "ex". DyLen
    My thought exactly.

I outed myself! My city is only 32,000 people. But i don't wear a skirt, but i wear everything else female and growing my hair long. 99% of my friends enjoy me either way, male or female!