Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did Mom & Dad react when they found out?

How did Mom & Dad react when they found out?

Reading some of the threads were every one tells of how they were cought you see the mother handels it better then the farther. How did your parents take it? Was the reaction the same from both or was one better with it then the other?

For me my dad wanted me to see a doctor, he said I needed help. My mom was like "I love you no matter what".

Mom thinks it's great, still not sure about telling dad yet.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

It's nice to hear that your mom is ok with it. My mom just asked I not dress in her stuff. So I try to get my own stuff.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    Both my mom and dad thought it was perverted. When I was 16 they sent me to a shrink. I have no idea what his real thoughts were. He and I never connected and after 3 or 4 sessions, I told my folks that they were wasting their money.

I'm sure they think that since I got married I stopped. I thought I would too. Not a chance. Incidentally, my wife thinks I'm a pervert too. She hates the fact I like to wear women's clothes and threatened me with divorce if she ever caught me again. I guess south Louisiana is not a bastion of transgendered awareness.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

i dont know my dad but my mom took it surprisingly well she even got me some clothes for when i go up to visit her... she had let me try on some of her clothes and she even showed me how to get some of the stuff on

Never got caught by my parents but my younger brothers did discover my stash, my toys, and pics I took of myself. When they confronted me about it, I didn't try to cover it up and explained it all. They seem to take it pretty well but over time, I could tell they lost a MASSIVE amount of respect for me. They stopped giving me that "big brother" respect, and don't come to me about anything anymore unless I'm visiting, that's what really hurts me the most.

Tammy's Transsexual girl. Joan Merrie's Avatar
    When I told them, that I'm a transsexual, and going to transition. they went ballistic. But now they are coming around slowly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tammy and me, not your usual couple
    :JoanMerrie:Yes I admit it I'm a trans rabbit.
    Simply me.

Mine was a bit the opposite, My mom wanted me to see a Psychiatrist thinking Ive gone insane and my stepdad didnt really make a big deal out of it.

After a long while, mom got better about it and actually gives me make-up for free... what could be better

With mom it was a tsk tsk kind of speech. With dad it was a J--- C---- what the h--- kind of speech. I was later able to talk to my mother, after each divorce. My father who is still alive is a no no

My father knows I wear girls clothes but he doesn't know I'm trans. Just picture the DI scenes of Full Metal Jacket, yeah that's him screaming at me.

Lord knows how hes going to react when I tell I'm trans. My mother died when I was 13,she was a little more accepting and helped me out.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I got caught by my mother...the first time...around age 12 (I know for sure it was the 6th grade). She found the panties, the dress, the pantyhose and heels I had stashed. Everything.

Mom thought I was gay, cried for days and subsequently hid all anything she thought I might want to wear from that point forward.

My dad, who has a psych degree, just wanted to know why I did it and how it made me feel.

I lied and lied to him hoping he would just stop asking questions and leave me alone. I gave him the best answers I thought he wanted to hear from his oldest son, hoping he would tell me he went through this too...

He never said that.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Hi Gilrs, My mom caught me when I was 13. Typical story she just wanted to know why and even bought some basic girl things for me. Dad wasn't mad just confused.

Jessica

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    I told my Mom (with me living out of the house now) She was totally cool about it, but surprised. She didn't have any idea it had been going on. The coolest thing she did was she said "I love you as a person" and she kept using the person context where she could.

She did want me to see a therapist, mostly to make sure my crossdressing wasn't just a compulsive behavior (which my family is genetically prone to). She also wanted to make sure I wasn't horrible depressed or having any other issues.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

My Mom, Step-Dad, and twin sister know. Mom's initial reaction was "He's gonna need shoes..." My Step-Dad just was worried since I was in the Navy, and my sister doesn't think anything of it. My Dad may find out some day. We have a lot more in common than I used to think, but we're not close and haven't been in years. I've seen him only twice in the last 6 or 7 years. We talk often, at least (mostly because my 5 yo sister is adorable).
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxvictum View Post
    "He's gonna need shoes..."
    I love how women can be so accepting and practical. It's like, "OK, he wants to dress up as a woman. Hm. I can accept that. No son of mine is going to look trashy though. Let's see, we'll need shoes, I need to teach him how to take care of his skin, makeup, . . . "

I'm guessing that she is one of those very organized list-making type of women?

Kathi

I have never told and probably never will tell my father.

I told my mother last year in December, over lunch. She was shocked for sure, but overall she took it very well. Over the course of the next couple of days she asked me more and more questions and now she reads my blog daily and talks to me about it. She hasn't seen me en femme yet but she is very open in discussions.

[SIZE="4"]I was never caught by mom and dad. My younger sis and bro walked in on me one summer afternoon while my parents were at work. It was the summer I turned 10 years old, so they were about 8 and 5 years old respectively. I was dressed in mom's bra, panties, garter belt and stockings. They seemed surprised but not shocked and I remember my sister asking, "Why are you dressed like that?", but I don't remember my response. Mom and dad must've been told and I remember being a little scared, but only dad spoke to me about it . . . a very brief interrogation. He didn't behave angrily, as I would definitely remember one of my dad's angry tirades. Nobody in our house said anything about it after that, but it was quieter around there for a few days afterward. The whole thing passed so calmly that I resumed dressing up again after a very short time . . . the next day. I never got caught after that.[/SIZE]

My mom doesn't know, I wasn't raised with her. My dad and grandparents (dad side) caught me several times and were not happy each time. My grandma finally just gave up trying to stop me and I was pretty much left alone to do it. I think they think that I stopped and don't do it anymore, especailly now that I'm engaged. Oh, little do they know.

My dad never found out and never will. (not on speaking terms from other issues in life)

My mom on the other hand has been very supportive for years, given me some hand me downs, even bartered for some of the nicer stuff I have bought over the years, lol. She is getting married soon (again) and we have picked out everything together. Nice to have someone so supportive and caring in your life

I was caught by my mom on a number of occassions (intimates under regular clothes) when I was a kid. She was always descrete, instructing me to go change and then saying she was going to have to tell my dad. Interesting to note she made that same threat each time. To this day I doubt my dad was ever told.

Denial is strong in her. I took her lunch last week and she noticed I had no hair on my arms but couldn't seem to ask why. Going to my folks for the first time since shaving my arms was a big step for me. I'm kind of glad, dissapointed as well, that she didn't pry. Heaven forbit if I had worn shorts and sandles.

My parents now both deceased met Melanie in 1989 on a cruise - the first of 41 crossdressing cruises my wife and I sponsor. My mother's response was you do look like me. My father's response was to hug me and tell me that he has a handsome son and now knows he also has a beautiful daughter. With those words I broke down in tears of joy. They continued to accept and support me until their deaths 10 and 14 years later.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    My dad made me purge everything and they both tried to get me to see a doctor. They thought I was gay, of course.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post

I'm guessing that she is one of those very organized list-making type of women?

Kathi
    Not really. She's actually happy I CD. She's not a very girly type, but she likes playing with clothes and make-up regardless, and my sister is not terribly interested in playing along.
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Both of my parents found out when they caught me. Mom caught me several times and was very upset with me wearing her clothes. Dad didn't really care, he just told me not to let mom catch me. I realized about a year later that some of the pantyhose that I had been borrowing were my dad's not mom's. I don't know if mom knows that I still dress, its been five years since I have been caught the last time.

I'm actually one of the rare cases where my Dad was actually pretty cool about it, even if it did take him a little time for it to sink in a bit, but now it's a nonissue with him. My mom on the other hand is totally against it and while she and I still get along she told me flat out she doesn't approve or accept what I do, which bums me out cause the woman loves to shop. We haven't spoken about it since, and she hasn't even mentioned it to my dad even though I told her he knows, which to me is a sign that it really bothers her because she usually talks about everything and repeats herself often.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog