So here I am, my usual male self, no hint of anything and I'm at my daughter's school parent's welcome dinner... but I'm feeling a bit out of place. I'm looking around and all the male parents my age mid 40s are grey haired, balding, large frame and generally, well 40ish looking, some are chatting loudly about sports or home renovations and how they knocked this and that down. I know I look young so a lot of times people my own age talk down to me (maybe CDing helps or hurts?) I have some pattern baldness on my temples, but not much and just a few barely noticable grey hairs and not much of a stomach, I'm at the low range on my target weight but within the healthy range. I am fit, but not overly muscular. I've also done a lot more guy projects than most guys and when I get in to a conversation I have to dumb it down so I don't sound like I know too much... I couldn't help but think how different I am and how hard it is to fit the typical male mold. I'm fine being myself, but sometimes I feel out of place...everyone else seems to have a story they love to tell...

Ever feel like that? ...at the same time I was checking out the mom's looking for clothing ideas, some pretty unusual getups and flattering ones... I could see myself blending in as my female self. Sigh.