Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important CD'ing lesson that has eluded some.

Gold Member

Important CD'ing lesson that has eluded some.

Do not overdress...

Every so often, we read about someone getting all dressed up and going to WalMart. They get a rush or scared or chicken out, you know the stories.

Ummm, folks, No need to put on your sunday best to go to WalMart.
    When I go to walmart, I may or may not even bother with deoderant or combing my hair.

It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

Smile True

Nicole,
    Please please don't take this wrong but you prolly fit in with 85% of the people there, or at least at the ones here in do dah...

April

Nicole, I agree to not put on your Sunday best at Walmart, buy IMO no one can go wrong with deodorant and hair combing! I guess even a pair of earrings, some mascara & lip gloss would be OK.

... and, well if the top was cute and went well with the jeans, and the shoes & purse were casual but nice, it would be OK too?

Reine

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I once dated a GG who would not walk to the mailbox at the end of her driveway without lipstick and styled hair. That was nearly 30 years ago before WalMart came to our area.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

That is why I don't get why people think it is so hard to pass.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I know. Some folks are like my late Mother in law. She wouldn't even come out of her house without a dress, stockings, heels, lipstick and mascara. To each their own, I guess.

maybe it dosnt elude them, rather that they want to do their own thing huh.

I'm confused! I thought a business suit could be worn to Wally World. Especially if the time is around getting off work time. I just never realized that Wally World had a dress code!

I think that if you wore an evening gown everyone would notice you though. I guess you're really saying blend in and you will be less noticed.

Edy

Hi Nicole,

First, I love your name, were you named after someone older yet still sexy??

Actually, I am one of those girls who goes out somewhat over dressed. I just love being a girl and dressing like one. For me that means dressing in a skirt and blouse or dress and heels. If I wanted to wear pants and snickers I could just go out in drab.

Now, I'm not saying that I put on a cocktail dress or evening gown when I go out shopping, hmmm, do you think I could get away with it, but I do get dressed, apply my makeup and style my hair before I venture outside.

My only exception to this is early on Saturday or Sunday mornings when I visit the outlet malls or flea markets. At these times I will wear a pair of pants, but they have to have a flat front and side zipper and a pair of flats, but still full makeup and my hair done.

Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Do not overdress...

Every so often, we read about someone getting all dressed up and going to WalMart. They get a rush or scared or chicken out, you know the stories.

Ummm, folks, No need to put on your sunday best to go to WalMart.
    When I go to walmart, I may or may not even bother with deoderant or combing my hair.

You bring up an interesting point Nicole.

This issue likely confounds or has confounded many of us at one time or another. I think it may partially be a matter of what people have available clothing-wise, skill/confidence in whatever makeup they are wearing, and especially the issue of people just trying to figure out what presenting "female" means to them. Occasionally these factors swirl into the perfect storm of awkwardness and contextually inappropriate dress.

You suggest that this problem is largely avoidable. A pony-tail and sweats will go pretty darned far towards the goal of blending-in with the crowd in many places; evening wear and the like need not apply .

I generally agree with this idea, but also wonder how difficult it is for some of us to pull off a more "natural" look? In my own case, I suspect that I can put together something that would do just fine for a trip down to the store (notwithstanding my acute case of closet-itus ), but I would still be a little freaked out by the diminished amount of makeup that I'd also have to sport to match. Does that make sense?

Mel

Yeah, I can do the "cocktail dress, high heels" thing, ....but is it necessary for grocery shopping?
    The more I find myself going out and running simple errands, the more I realize that a plain knee length skirt, loafers with a 2" heel and an "off the rack" blouse works quite well. Adjust the wig, and comb it out, apply a bit of powder and a wipe of lippy, earrings optional.
    Just go about my business and have fun.

Not attempting to "blend in" nor am I getting "in your face" just another person doing what they need to do. I simply choose to wear what I feel is comfortable.

Had another girl tell me today, "wish I had your courage" ... it ain't so much "courage" as it is not letting others tell me what I can and cannot wear.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I prefer to not dress up for walmart. Denim skirt and short sleeve femme shirt, hair done to the sixes

I never shop WalMart
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I shower and shave at wally world.
    Other than that I gurrella shop.
    I know the store lke the back of some.... well it eludes me,
    But I don't like wally world so the quicker I'm out
    The better for everyone concerned.

I love the shoppers who are making wally a life event

RJ
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

I totally disagree!! No friggin way am I going to go out anywhere in jeans or casual just to blend in with the crowd!! I can't help it of they dress like rubbish?? So I'm wearing a skirt or a dress.. No not a cocktail dress.. And even though I maybe the only one in the store wearing a dress.. I really don't care.. if I want to dress like crap I'll just go in guy mode.. What's the sense of crossdressing if you look like a guy?? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    Wal-Mart customers....so many gums so few teeth !!!
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    That is why I don't get why people think it is so hard to pass.
    Ummm, because no matter how much I dress up or dress to blend in, people call me "Sir" -- even if I've just been sitting still and not talking and the light is poor ?

Some of the most expensive things I have bought have been plain-looking dresses, chosen not to look out of place in a grocery store or on the bus or out for casual dinner. In stores, "plain and simple" translates into "expensive and hard to find".

Yeah, I could buy some of the inexpensive loud-print thin low-quality rayon-dress-of-the-season from Sears or the like (easy to find and inexpensive) -- but I don't actually see very many women around me wearing those.

The easiest kind of dresses to find, by far, are the "grad" or "cocktail" dresses aimed at senior high school, and which are most definitely special-occasion dresses, not something one would wear to a grocery store.

Don't get me wrong: it isn't that all these people who read me so easily treat me badly (indeed, they treat me better than my pre-dressing drab self was treated), it's just that they are reading me, even when I dress "casual".

But at this point in the conversation we get into the question about what it means to "pass". Is "passing" when most people believe that you are female, or is "passing" when most people don't give a hoot what you are, or is "passing" when anyone who bothers to look can tell you are male but most people's eyes just "slide over you" because you are "close enough" that you don't come to their conscious attention?

When I go out trans-gender (forms, female clothes, but no wig and little or no makeup, so it's my normal guy face), it isn't uncommon for women (especially mid-40's women) walking by themselves towards me, to glance at me, give me a quick once-over, and flash a smile. When they do that, have I "passed", or are they just appreciating that I'm "walking a mile in their shoes" -- or are there many more "I like a guy who cross-dresses" suburban women than we think?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Why dress down to go to a "Bargain Shop" when you could dress nicely and go somewhere more worthwhile?
    Personally, I find it a waste of my crossdressing time to dress up for such a drab place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa Larson View Post
    I once dated a GG who would not walk to the mailbox at the end of her driveway without lipstick and styled hair. That was nearly 30 years ago before WalMart came to our area.
    My wife is a lot like that, certainly not to those extremes, but she is a femme girl, almost never wears pants to work, almost always wears heels of some sort, always has her hair "done" in some fashion, she wears hats any time she thinks she can get away with it. She stands up for, and enjoys being clean, looking well put together, and ladylike. We are not fuddie duddies, she is 37. This is unusual for our age group most of whom seem to have fallen prey to the "casual friday / sloppy all the time" look and mindset. She takes grief for looking well put together, for not conforming to the status que, and is often asked what she is "dressed up" for.

Here is the rub:

She isn't trying to pass.

If I were to dress as she does, I would get grief too - but it would be completely different grief.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Why dress down to go to a "Bargain Shop" when you could dress nicely and go somewhere more worthwhile?
    Personally, I find it a waste of my crossdressing time to dress up for such a drab place.
    Ah, but since it is a place that a lot of women go, if you want to be a "typical woman", doing "typical" womanly activities... going to Wal*Mart becomes part of "the experience of being female"... like getting accustomed to being expected to be the one changing the diapers.

Gold Member
    My sister and I were laughing talking about this, she told me of a website...

Now I am not for graven images but ladies and gents, I hath found a photo on there of - Mullet Christ

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=3889

Someone commented he was the chuck norris of mullets but that doesn't do this 'do justice.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    In a lot of ways, my late wife was similar to Hope's! She did wear stretch pants back in the 60's, when it was fashionable for ladies to do that. But she was always more comfortable in a nice dress, with nice makeup and a nice hair style. No matter where she was going. When she reached the kitchen to get brakfast, she was dressed like the lady she was. And she taught me to dress like that also! Of course, not she is no longer around to do my makeup and fix my wig, I go to Wal-Mart, or anywhere else, as a guy in a skirt and pretty top! Like Karren, I am not going to dress down just because of where I am going!

BTW, those stretch pants I mentioned? My darling wife bought a pair, but didn't like the fit. I made a pattern for her and she made her own pants.
    Some of her friends liked them so well I wound up making patterns for each of them, about 15 ladies, each one custom fit! Wish I had charged them! But then I probably wouldn't have had the fun of taking measurements!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I noticed something, as well.

If you're trying to look like a woman, do not wear a muted pink bra, sky blue blouse, flowered skirt, and red heels while you're seductively hanging off your desk chair. I know that you're doing what you can with what you got, but no woman would ever dress like that.

It's not always about how much you physically resemble a woman. Most of the time, it's just about whether you look like you're pretending or believing that you're a girl.

Also, never fart. Girls don't fart. Everyone knows that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I totally disagree!! No friggin way am I going to go out anywhere in jeans or casual just to blend in with the crowd!! I can't help it of they dress like rubbish?? So I'm wearing a skirt or a dress.. No not a cocktail dress.. And even though I maybe the only one in the store wearing a dress.. I really don't care.. if I want to dress like crap I'll just go in guy mode.. What's the sense of crossdressing if you look like a guy?? Lol.
    What she said!!!!

Tiffany

Let's talk practical, rather than theoretical or people's various philosophies. Down here in Florida, women shopping wear about the same thing whether they are shopping at Wally World or at The Galleria.

Standard "Uni," is either Capri's or Jeans and a shapeless top. Variations: 1.) If your young, you get to wear an abbreviated or tight top and sometimes you wear heels. 2.) If your older, you can wear polyester pants or really shapeless jeans.

Little or no makeup unless young, but strangely enough almost all women pay a lot of attention to their nails.

Exceptions: 1.) Edyta already named one, after work! Usually between the hours of 3 to 7 PM, you see a minority of women who are wearing something that looks approximately like office attire. 2.) The one everyone has forgotten...it's acceptable to wear a dress or skirt to Wally World after 11:30AM on Sunday, until about 3PM. Why? If you haven't figured it out, they are coming from Church.

Glad I could be of service. And that my Dear's is how you become "blendable!"

Peace and Love, Joanie