Thread: I feel like a phony

I feel like a phony

I feel weird being here because I've been inactive for about a month now. I made the decision to grow a goatee (which is super easy for me) and one of my big reason's for keeping it is that my SO love's it. I like having it and I look good with it but I refuss to dress when I have any facial hair. Which is bother some to me because it has been awhile and I am longing to be femm again. Is it weird that I still hang out here even though I'm not dressing?
    hEll

My gf loves mine but when I go all out, (Wig makeup etc.) I'll shave it. Takes about a week to grow it back to normal. I say shave it, have some fun. Then grow it back.
    I have no problem wearing a dress and heels with "Man face" lol
    Neither does she.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

Shave it! I usually keep an underbeard (i only shave my cheeks, and upper lip. I keep the sideburns) When I get dressed, I just shave it off and grow it back after i got some time to play with my femme side
    removed

You may not be dressing at this time, but you did say that you are longing to dress again. I think it is that yearning to dress which keeps you coming back.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Your no more a phony than I am.. I haven't dressed in so long and that's never stopped me from opening my big mouth here and on a number of forums.. Hell I moderate a makeup forum and I haven't played with makeup in 3 months!! Don't tell them.. Don't want to get kicked out of the honarary womans club!! Hahahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    [SIZE=4]Rachel, no reason to feel like a phoney [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Its like being a light bulb..only shine when you hit the lights switch.. (okay..not sure what I meant by that..anyway )[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Some great moments of being a cd may come when not dressed.. something you read, heard, saw, etc.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]For those of us not 24/7, the desire to share support, say hello to friends, or just comment may not always be when dressed.. so its okay to be in drab and post.. its all in what you feel.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]In reference to being gone..well we all have lives that may take us away for a bit.. some for a lot longer.. but they come back and its like not being gone with so many nice people here.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]so don't worry about any of this..be you, in whatever mode and at your time..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar

Wink Same Boat

Mine likes me to keep it on because if my face is clean shaven I look MUCH younger than my 38 year old self, more like in my mid 20's which I don't mind! I guess I was born with that special gene and with my 123# weight I do look younger (I'm in the Kathi Lake size group!!!). (Hugs!). But I say save it and keep it trim and short that way its not hard to go from one to the other.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!
    Go KU! !

April
    Last edited by April Renee; 09-26-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: just an edit : )

Hi Rachel, I shave more than once a day. My Mom and my sister like me with facial hair but I argue the point with them almost to the point of cussing and hollering that I am not going to grow a beard or mustache! How old are you Rachel? When I was first expirementing and trying to dress there was this thing called "skag drag" which consisted of having an exquisetly sculptured beard,mustache,goatee or sideburns ALONG WITH all the other fem stuff like a wig,makeup,jewelry,earrings and everything else,clothes,shoes or boots,hosiery,panties,etc. That was in the years that go from about 1975 to 1979. I remember the Cycle ****s were a skag drag rock and roll band. So personally,I prefer to be clean shaven and I even have some foundation that seems to %80 cover up my "nubs".

But if you want to dress along with a goatee, I just thought you might want to know that that's not as wayward or unheard of as you might think,hun. Skag drag didn't last but your not the only m to f CD in the forum with facial hair. I mean,things were somewhat different in those years. A supportive GG was a "dressing auntie" and going out en fem was "doing a full masquerade". All this was around the time of the first apple computers and the internet was nowhere in sight. But you could find info and freinds and clothes and stuff out of magazine advertisements sometimes. A lot of these people resurfaced on the web gradually over the past 15 years.

So your not phony anyhow and I've gotta say that if you're mentally a crossdresser then you've gone to step one in the book and there's nothing the matter with coming here all you like. And I wouldn't give it a second thought. there's nothing wrong about dressing with facial hair. Lotsa people do it!

Best, Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_the_Rocker View Post
    Is it weird that I still hang out here even though I'm not dressing?
    Doesn't bother me at all.

Someone wise said that feminine clothing for some people is merely a tool to help you get in touch with your feminine side. Eventually you may become so in touch with it that you no longer need the tool, if you choose not to use it.

In the meantime, how about a kilt? Kilts are awesome.

[SIZE="3"]Rachel, A lot of us take breaks from dressing. That does not make you a phony. Like the others have stated shave off the goatee and it will grow back.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha B L View Post
    When I was first expirementing and trying to dress there was this thing called "skag drag" which consisted of having an exquisetly sculptured beard,mustache,goatee or sideburns ALONG WITH all the other fem stuff like a wig,makeup,jewelry,earrings and everything else,clothes,shoes or boots,hosiery,panties,etc. That was in the years that go from about 1975 to 1979. I remember the Cycle ****s were a skag drag rock and roll band. So personally,I prefer to be clean shaven and I even have some foundation that seems to %80 cover up my "nubs".
    The whole dressing with a beard thing is just weird to me. Its a psychological thing. I just need to feel complete when I dress. If that makes sense. My thans go to all of you because you all make this place fantastic. I may not be dressing but my girly side tends to spill out at times. (Didn't Joni Marie coin it Female Side Leakage?) Well, I do appreciate the advice I'm not ready to part with my facial hair yet because I promised my SO I would dye it pink. Its funny what love makes us do... Anyway, I'm giving it has at least another month or two before I shave and go back to dressing, so I can get the most out of it. The longer wait means that when I do shave and star dressing again it will feel even more wonderful. thanks again.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 09-27-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

you are not phony .. I don't dress if I am not complete shaved I think I enjoy dressing more when I before let my beard grow and shave it to start dressing

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I feel weird being here because I've been inactive for about a month now. I made the decision to grow a goatee (which is super easy for me) and one of my big reason's for keeping it is that my SO love's it. I like having it and I look good with it but I refuss to dress when I have any facial hair. Which is bother some to me because it has been awhile and I am longing to be femm again. Is it weird that I still hang out here even though I'm not dressing?
    Rachel, you are showing your SO your true love by wearing the goatee! Good for you!

Why would it be weird for you to hang out here even if you are not dressing? You are a CD, aren't you? We are one big family, and as is the case with most big families people are doing all different things. For instance, I dress and go out almost every day. But with no makeup and no wig, just my male self dressed totally enfemme. Been doing that ever since my wife passed away over 4 years ago. Why, you might ask? Simple, she did my makeup and fixed my wig, both of which I am not good at! I admit, I don't have facial hair, because neither I nor my late wife liked it! But I have met a couple of CD who do have it and wear it proudly while dressed!

MSCASSEY, your reference to the lightbulb probably means that it is still a lightbulb even if it is not on. Just as a CD is still a CD even if not dressed!

Anne66, I am working on getting a Kilt for myself. I am of Scotch descent so do have a tartan. You are right, they are awesome but expensive if you want a good one. I am not sure I would wear it properly since I am used to wearing panties every day. Properly worn Kilts don't have anything underneath!

It is your face and your goatee, so do whatever makes you, and your SO, happy.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel the Rocker
    Is it weird that I still hang out here even though I'm not dressing?

[SIZE="2"]There must be a few members here that don’t dress at all, wouldn’t you agree? You can come here to be connected with those that do, even though you aren’t, or can’t, but maybe should…
    Anyway, relax and think girly thoughts – I’ll leave a light on for ya…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66
    In the meantime, how about a kilt? Kilts are awesome.

[SIZE="2"]I agree – check it out
    <-------[/SIZE]

I wanna grow a beard. I'm in the closet anyway. I might as well look like a hobo. Or that George guy in the movie Head Trauma.

You should go see that movie if you haven't already. It's great for an indie film.

Anyway, here's the problem; I used to be a blond. I'm talking platinum. Over time, my hair has turned into a very dark, dirty blond. So much so I just call it brown. But some hair on my body still remains blond, like the hairs on my arms. And in my beard, specifically my mustache, but only just above my lip, not on the edges. So I look like an Amish Fu Manchu. It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm gonna go shave now. And possibly cry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Your validity as a person with feelings has nothing to do with what you are wearing or not wearing my friend.

.......Is it weird that I still hang out here even though I'm not dressing?
    No.... This site is for the whole spectrum. Full time to no time. We are very much a support group. You like some aspects of your male being as well as some aspects of your female side. I do too. Nothing wrong with that. And it's OK to share that here too. Just ask Karren about hockey!

A lot of accepting SO's are very comforted knowing we enjoy maintaining our masculine side, as well.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Don't feel like a phony! I feel like a woman every day and I haven't dressed in 3 months. There is a wide spectrum here.

Hey, you may feel feminine inside, but you're a guy, too. And just as women have the God-given right to wear what they want and look like they want, guys have that same right to wear facial hair if they want to. So go ahead and grow a goat if you like. You also have the right to shave it off any time you want to. Just be you, and if "you" means that you are clean shaven for a while, so be it. If it means you're sporting a goat, then that's fine, too. Phony? You'd be a phony if you weren't true to yourself. And I don't see it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Gummi View Post
    I'm gonna go shave now. And possibly cry.
    Aaaawwwww...

You can be a crossdresser even if you have a ZZ Top beard. It might make it a little more difficult to pass though.
    Crossdressing is not clothes or makeup or a lack of body hair, it is a state of mind.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Phoney, I don't see it...I'm underdressed 24/7, enjoying getting mani/pedi's (trying to find ways to hide/disguise them) don't want to through it in anyones face and cause trouble. Can only ocassionally dress if going to the city and return with no one home. It comes in sputters and your spurts and just a little longer than mine.

Hugs,
    Alice

I think the need to be with or talk with those who do is still in you. You still have the feelings and for most of those who have quit the site is here when they come back.

P.S. You can still get the feeling dressed with a beard it just won't be complete.

What's the big deal about having a beard and a dress? As I write this, I'm in a satin black blouse with a soft bow, a floor-length black nylon skirt, and about six weeks worth of beard that I keep meaning to shave off but never quite get around to it yet. The nightgown I'll sleep in feels just as soft and comfortable whether I have a beard or not.