Thread: A call for help

A call for help

Hi all,

I have taken on the task of writing the "Questioning" section for our local website to the transgendered community. This site provides outreach, support and information to those with questions of gender identity, to their families and spouses, friends and interested parties seeking. I know when I began my journey, this was the type of information I was seeking.

I would like to ask for you help and assistance. What questions and answers did you seek? What questions have your friends, family, spouses and colleagues asked? What advice would you give to someone just beginning their road to understanding and acceptance?

As Sir Issac Newton quoted, "If I have seen farther, it was because I stood on the shoulder of giants." You, my sisters and brothers, are those giants. That is why I come asking your help.

I am posting this on two other sections so I have as complete exposure as I can.

Thank you,

Cate
    There is nothin' like a dame!

Hi Cate,

I think you need to be more specific. I can give you a load of help as can the other girls here but your question is so wide.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Help in abundance

Cathy you could just direct them here, where there is a worldwide group of people ready willing and able to help answer their specific questions on an individual basis
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

You know it is a little hard to remember what questions I asked ... I can barely remember what I had for lunch. I would bet that asking some of your more recent members might prove more fruitful for you.

If you find yourself with questions of a religious nature, I would be happy to provide you with some guidance. As an ordained minister with a masters degree in church, it's sort of my specialty. Drop me a PM if you need the help.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Gold Member
    Hi Cate,

When I first came to this site, I had no idea of what questions to ask or what answers I was looking for. It was just a matter of interacting with everyone here, trying new things, experiencing many others and just observing myself. I have only come out to one person, and after telling her my story, she surprised me and said.."You know, it doesn't surprise me!" As for your personal road to understanding and acceptance, first, before really expecting anyone else to understand and accept you, make sure you understand and accept yourself. This may take a while, depending on what your looking for. As for others, don't rush. Just take your time and don't expect everyone to react the same. And, don't forget, we're here for you.

Certainly there is a terrific load of questions here on this forum.

But that's not what you ask.

If I were to ask questions I would be inclined to first divide things up into reflective personal issues and the more simple "mechanical" questions.

Examples of reflective questions:

In what ways do you feel different from your drab self when you are dressed?
    If you have tried to stop and failed, why did you come back?
    Do your feelings of sexuality change when you are dressed?

Examples of "mechanical questions":

Do you prefer very high heels?
    What was your first dressing experience?
    Do you shop dressed or only in drab?

Hope this helps. But it is you doing it and not someone else. Please feel free to message me if you wish to bounce some ideas off former biologist and slightly old guy.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Cathy you could just direct them here, where there is a worldwide group of people ready willing and able to help answer their specific questions on an individual basis
    Agree! Just direct them to this excellent forum and they can take it at their own pace and ask the questions that are pertinent to them!

Good luck

I've foiught my true nature? All of my life?

I'm part female.