Thread: Paradox

Paradox

I'm sitting here with my forms in, tucked, wearing makeup and a wig.
    I'm also wearing my guy jeans, T'shirt, leather jacket and trainers [sneakers]

So although the forms, makeup and wig are femme, the clothing is all guy stuff.
    The paradox is......
    If we are dressing in the clothes of the opposite gender, we are crossdressers, but if we are presenting as the opposite gender [forms, wig, makeup] but wearing the clothing of our birth gender are we no longer crossdressers, or are we then crossdressing back to our birth gender?

Thought i'd chuck this out there and see what you think

BTW...I have no problems with who I am, I just thought i'd try dressing the way I have this morning and that raised the above question between Sheila and I

Wink Errrmmmmm

Bit early for the drinking thinking ain't it babes
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

You didn't say how two ducks are involved
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I guess it beats talking about the weather!
    K.

The way I see it is this, clothes are just clothes, it really doesn't matter if we call them guy or gal items. What is important is how we are presenting ourselves, so the forms and wig become very essential, we wish to present as women and to do this we need certain add-ons. If it is wearing items that give us a thrill, well that is another avenue to take.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    It's all about gender presentation. The clothes are just a means to an end.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

I don't know, but your new Avatar looks great! I didn't even recognise you!
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I am not sure what name you would use for that. Just dressing to blend in with society I guess. Sounds like you are dressed for a shopping trip.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My opinion:
    As we discovered some time ago, a man in a skirt is considered a crossdresser; but a woman in men's clothes, for some reason, is NOT considered a crossdresser, with the exception of the crossiest-dressiest of drag kings. So being that you identify as a woman, you are technically crossdressing as a man, yet you are far from what most people would actually consider crossdressing.

Or not.

Now my head hurts.

Don't get hung up on the term too much Debs. Sometimes we get overconcerned as to "what" we are, rather than "who" we are. While I use the titles for convenience (CD,TG, TS,GG,etc.) I really consider each one for who they are as a person first and what title they fall under second. In other words when I think of you, I think of Debs, the person. Sheila is Sheila and so forth. Once we consider things in that light, it becomes a bit easier.

Debs, it sounds like you are wearing what a large number of GGs wear round these parts. They LOOK female, long hair, makeup, obvious breasts, but wear outer evident clothing that could be attributed to either male or female.
    Classic examples are the two GGs living across the road from me.
    Both left their respective houses around 8.30am to take their children to school. Both dressed as you described in your first post.

BTW. Love your new avatar. The REAL Debs is emerging.

Paradox is a fact of life. It might even define vitality. Gender itself is an illusion.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Crossgendering!
    Your new avatar pic looks great. I like the hair.

Sounds a lot like me except I do like to wear my skinny jeans

OK I'll Bite...

Since you got forms, tucked and a wig, you are presenting as female. The clothes don't matter. You may not be strictly cross-dressing but you are feme honey.
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

With the forms and wig, I still see you as crossdressing. Still feels good doesn't it.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

normal?

What you are is "blending"! Most GGs would consider your dress simply their norm!

In fact, I'm sure I will see dozens of young GGs dressed just that way tomorrow!

tina

Recently I had an appointment with my therapist and due to a business commitment I had to attend this session in drab mode. I have been seeing this therapist for just over a year now and this is the first time in a very long time that I haven't been there as Nicole.

Several minutes after the session began, the therapist said that he almost didn't recognize me in drab mode as it had been so long since he saw me this was. He then asked me how it felt to be sitting there talking with him dressed as a male. I immediately answered him by saying that I was really very uncomfortable as I didn't like to go out crossdressed.

Nicole

There are times I too will wear my male clothes over my femme attire (including forms and tuck but sans wig) while hanging around the house or working in my workshop or garage. I don't want to dirty my femme clothes with the dust and dirt from the shop or garage but I still like to enjoy my feminine side as often as I can.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Debs, you are looking good and if the world was perfect there would be a dress code as we had as children. Oooops dating myself again. But for the most part it is just clothes and if people realized it then the world could get past the dresses and skirts we like to wear. You are femme. Have fun.

teri

I dress that way a lot, myself. It's very comfortable for me, and is how I go and do the grocery shopping, often.

I used to go out in a similar kind of arrangement myself until it got to the point that I had to tell my Mom that I "quit" crossdressing. that was years ago and it's a long story. I like the new avatar,Debs. the hair is perfact

Sometimes a pair of jeans is just a pair of jeans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

Junior Member Catherine in Colo's Avatar
    You just made my head aspolde a little bit with that ponderous question!

Seriously though, I guess I'd have to agree with most of the others - it's all about intent for presentation, so one more vote for yes = crossdressing!