Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What about you are you currently "working on"?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    To all who have shared their stores so-far, Thank You!

I notice that weight is coming up a lot; weight has been a concern for me as well, but not enough of one to actively work on, especially as I had the "excuse" that some of the medications were futzing with my system. One of them had me eating about twice as much as normal and still not feeling full.

But this year, my weight has fallen a fair bit without my having taken any particular care. I believe, and my GP thinks my belief to be well-grounded, that for me, the key to that spontaneous weight loss was my having started therapy. Originally I had a very specific focus in mind, but we have drifted and the therapy has become more about coping with my overall situation, including a non-trivial amount of "validation" from the therapist that although I am not perfect, that many of my stress feelings have real roots, that if life "doesn't seem fair", it has to do with the fact that some people really are treating me unfairly. And the weight loss? Because through the therapy, my internal conflicts and frustrations are lowered, and discovering and accepting myself more, and I am asserting my own needs more -- and thus my brain has dropped out of constant "fight or flight" mode, reduced the cortizone production a lot: cortizone is a precursor to a number of steroids needed for combat, so when it drops, your body stops holding on to fat that it is hoarding as an "energy reserve" for the fight.

So, seriously, if you are overweight and you can't seem to lose it, and you are feeling chronically stressed, then therapy might help a lot in getting your mind to the point where it knows the emergency is over and let's your body return fat-retention to normal levels.

To Karren: I'm still having arguments with myself about whether you were being serious or not

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    I think in my mind I want to be caught by my customers or even friends because I couldn't possibly get the polish off in time after they walk in..
    Yep, there have been many of us who have gone through a phase of being sloppy or taking risks or "accidentally" not being careful; we have such trouble bringing ourselves to outright tell others, but we allow ourselves to be unsafe on the matter, somehow telling ourselves that being "caught" would just be an "accident", something "not really your fault".

I'm nearly certain that at one time I had a thread about "Do I *want* to get caught / Do I want to get *caught*", but when I went back to try to find it several months ago, I couldn't see any sign of it.

I don't know why so many of us start to feel that we want someone else (sometimes it doesn't matter much who) to know about your dressing. There might be an aspect of wanting to be "given permission" to dress, to be told by someone we know personally that dressing is acceptable and not perverted or that you aren't a weirdo.... even if you don't think of yourself as a weirdo, the little recesses at the back of your mind sometimes need to hear it from a "peer" or "person of authority" in order to totally release the idea.

I know that in my case, I was starting to feel physically sick because I was feeling that in not telling my wife, I was in some sense lying to her. I didn't have a specific about what the lie consisted of, just that hiding it from her was a lie, a bad lie; that I was being untrue to my ethics (which are quite important to me) by not telling her. By that time, I was no longer the person that she thought I was, so hiding my stash and the fact of my dressing was hiding what had become the "real" me under the disguise of who I had been... and in a marriage, (IMHO) hiding who you really are is a form of a lie to your partner. For me, it become time to rip open the disguise, and to hope for the best while fearing the worst.

A few months ago, I got sick of hiding who I have become from my sister and my mother, and told them too. There was only one other person who I felt "deserved to know", my best friend who is honest and open with me about his human struggles, so a fairly short time later I took the plunge and told him as well (and made it clear to him that I don't expect him to keep any of the story from his wife, who is also a dear friend of mine.)

The reasons vary from person to person, but Yes, it is common to come to the point of feeling that the secret has to be let out.

Like Marisa I am trying to get the best shape from my waist down. So far that requires cinchers, padded butt and hip panties and a skirt that really hangs perfectly. I am getting better and more accepting of my own physical limitations. I just hope that I get that elusive shape I want before I get to old to remember why I was trying to do that!

Like others have said ,losing some weight would be first followed by working on a femminne voice . I get by ,with my voice ,but am always nervous when engaged in conversations.
    I also try to push the enevolpe by wearing feminne clothes when in guy mode and have found that ,so far ,few have noticed .

For me there are two projects I've been working on for years now... First is losing some weight so the clothes I enjoy wearing so much actually look a little better on me and second, being able to finally tell my wife about my CDing... Married 10 years and I still haven't told her!

Gold Member
    I am one of those that has been changing my appearance over a long period of time. I was using an ID I have where the picture is 10 years old and I was asked for another because it doesn't look like me.

So right now I am gradually thinning the eyebrows. I have long hair and I am working on how I want to style it (and I have made some really bad "do's"). The make-up is next in the queue along with working on arm hair, which is the only hair left for me to get rid of (the face stays for now).

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Currently I've been getting laser treatments to get rid of the hair on my arms.
    Next I would like to get a wig and learn about makeup so I can be a bit more passable.

(oh, and lose weight too)
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I've been working on finding out which toenail polish looks best with the various colors I like to wear. I like to offset colors, like I've found that using pink with white is good for me, or using a light purple under white nylon has a great effect, for me.

I am currently working on
    • Liposuction, currently at a good weight but want some tightening up, have an appointment in two weeks
    • Voice control, making it more natural
    • Second letter of recommendation for SRS
    SRS January 27

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My voice (although it's not going very well at the moment) ... and soon it'll be electrolysis on my face.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I need to work on my make-up, especially my eyes (the MAC girls are so good at it!!!). Then, my voice. Finally, I've been trying to "work" on my wife for many years...however without any success whatsoever...

A.

Just my face at the moment, then maybe some chest area but firstly my face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I live my life for who I am
    I quit the lie
    left it high and dry
    I am who I am
    And nobody
    Can call me a sham

Like most of you, losing weight is a right up there. Mainly just trying to be a better person. I have a lot of dark colored clothing and I am trying to become more comfortable in brighter colors.

Posture!

That is my downfall. I look like a neandrethal when in guy mode, slouching, etc. I am trying to make a real effort to learn to carry my head high, shoulders back, chest out, belly in. I am starting to do it more naturally, but it has taken A LOT of time .

I have been trying to be more aware on how I "move" when I am dressed, things like my walk, my hand and body movements.
    I have also been trying to soften and raise the pitch of my voice a little, aside from not being able to visually pass, my voice is one big giveaway for me ( it is very deep).
    And as always trying to get better and quicker with the makeup...my wife says I take to long putting it on.

I am currently working on my confidence for when i'm out and about

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    So that is what you are doing in your avatar!

well for me ,I am currently working on my confidence on going out, makeup my hair ,losing weight

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Same, that's the final frontier for me, actually going out.

I'm gearing up for a second round of the South Beach Diet. I managed to lose 35 pounds last time and though I may not (or perhaps shouldn't) lose that much, I'm still excited about trying!

Also, posture has always been a real issue for me. That is something I'd really like to improve on.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I MUST find better quality eye makeup!

That sticks to silicone!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Exploring more creative ideas for my crossdressing to maintain the level of my passion for it

Gold Member
    Working on my legs and makeup skills, both of which are essential for me to achieve my goal.

Just working on my feminine appearance overall. Would like to become more knowledgeable and skilled in the use of make up and lose about 30 pounds.
    I would love to have hips that would hold up a garter belt. I am thinking a structured program such as Nutrisystem would help.The cost of it would be an incentive to stick with it also.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh
    What particular aspects of your cross-dressing are you currently "working on"?

[SIZE="2"]I’ve been working on my shape lately (breastforms and etc), plus I’ve been building a decent collection of dresses during the past few months…[/SIZE]

my is working on little thing. l like working on blend in. working on accepted my salf. as crossdresser and buidind on confidence to go out and blend in