Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turned inside out with fear

I was petrified, when i first went out, from a motel, drove around, went to several gas stations. The next night drove, and walked around, drove some , got stopped by a cop!! Just got warning on driving. Got up the next day, dressed, out and about, in public, ignoring my big fears. Always have gone solo. Be reasonably cautious. I did get jeered at, some, just ignored it.

Some of us are perfectly content to dress under just the conditions you describe - doors locked and shades down. And you know what, that's fine by me. I have a need to wear dresses, not a need to be seen wearing dresses. My body's needs for soft clothing are satisfied just as easily from the comfort of my home as they would be tiptoeing out at midnight to check the mail or getting into a bar fight.

Bottom line -- if you aren't comfortable going out dressed, don't go out dressed. You are under no obligation to "take baby steps" or "push just a little further". Find the level that makes you happy. Anything else is too much like real work.

But I like to push bounderies

Scared to death, yes !
    Do I enjoy scaring the living whatever out of myself, yes !
    Do I like the feeling upon returning home that I just did something that i thought I was afraid to do, yes !

I don't skydive though.

You have to skydive first!! At least once!! Doing anything after that pales in comparison to falling away from a perfectly good air plane at 3,500 feet... The silence is defening and when you get under canopy and start breathing again.... Its really really really cool!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am afraid to skydive

I am afraid to skydive.

Remember as a kid placing a blade of grass between your thumbs and blowing through it to make a whistling noise ?

Well you see I like to wear a thong and I'm afraid that if I skydive wearing a thong that........ never mind.

Ohh yeah.... I can see that could be an issue there... I was just worried about getting my chute acught on the planes tail or hitting the desert floor in 10 seconds if the cute failed to open... Lucky for me the whole thing cost less than a new pair of good heels so worst case my wife wasnt out much! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DianneRoberts View Post
    The other day I read "just got out of jail" OMG OMG OMG !

I cannot imagine how horrible that must of been !!!!!

I haven't dressed since, not even in the closet.
    I don't know if I ever will again. I had plans of going further forward. This is so SCAREY. How can any of us ever dress again other than MAYBE with the doors deadbolted, windows closed up, lights off. I am shaking all over just thinking about how mean the world can be.
    I've been out hundreds of times. Never been arrested or even had to talk to the police. But then again, never punched someone either. So, be a good girl and you'll be OK. Remember think as a woman.

Two of the worst things that I can think of that happened to me were relatively minor. Once I was driving out of the mall while my wife was driving into the parking lot. Oopsies! And once someone hit the rear of my car. It was only paint damage, so I let it go. The damage was less than my deductible, so it didn't make sense to fool around waiting for the police, explaining, getting the report, etc.

Oh, I don't know if you call this a bad thing... but my credit card is hurting a bit. The sales lady at Ann Taylor kept finding cute things for me to try on that were on sale. All sale items are also an extra 40% off, so it didn't hurt too much. Sizing is crazy though. Usually size 8 fits me fine. One jacket I tried on didn't fit in the 8, but the 10 fit fine. Then the 8 dress didn't fit either, but the sales lady came back with a two similar dresses in size 6 and they fit perfectly. She really knows her store's stock and her customers! A good day today, I guess.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole
    Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these.
    --Susan B. Anthony

congratulations on 100 friends! I wouldn't worry about the pervert that assaulted Jenny. he got what he had coming. and he best be glad it wasn't my wife he did that to she would have shot him!!!! as far as weapons pepper spray and others please obey local laws. yes I am a gun toting NRA member.

I am not paranoid about going out but when I do I never go alone. My wife is always with me and we both make sure we have cash, Drivers's License's and only one of us is drinking. We take turns.

After years of this we have never had a problem.

Try to find someone to go with is my best suggestion for a safe time out.