Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are you the person she married?

are you the person she married?

AS many know,there is a book with part of the title 'he's not the man I married'. I have often wondered if indeed we have changed really that much after wedlock? Clearly, if crossdressing wasn't in evidence and then blossomed, that would be a visible change, but aren't we still the same inside- where it should really count?

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    yes we are the same basic person, but here is my take.

Us late blooming cders, have an explosion of our femme side balance.. Not unlike the normal mid life crises of mainstream guys: who buys cars, find Mistresses, climb mt everist.... etc. We express our changes via a femme side explosion. It not that we are different people, but being influenced my a radical inner awaking of expression.

Omg im normally not this philosophical, but the mood suits me.
    ciao roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Nope and neither is she... We have both grown and matured and changed over the last 35 years.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Nope and neither is she... We have both grown and matured and changed over the last 35 years.....
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm only 27 and unmarried but I always thought the point of marriage was to do exactly this together?

Isn't that the point of the vows, for better or for worse, in richer or poorer?
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Men marry hoping their wives will never change, women marry thinking they can change the man. Neither is true but a good marriage is one that both partners allow each to grow and change. We put up such false fronts hoping to "catch" the prize that we don't realize that the prize is like Cracker Jacks...inside
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My wife is not the same person I married.

Things change. People change. Life sends some tough challenges and you are seldom the same after dealing with them. The question becomes what the process for dealing with change is.

Debs and I have grown and changed in the 10 months we have been together, at the core we will not have altered our base beliefs, nor would I expect us to at anytime in the future, what we have done and I hope will continue to do, is expand as people as our search for knowledge not just of each other, and the world we share, but our knowledge of the world in general, our experiences both good and bad of that world, and the people we encounter, in the years to come.

When we marry in 3 weeks, we view that as us saying to the world that we obviously love each other, but also, that we have beliefs and values that enable us to commit to a joint future tog .... if we didn't have those we would spend far too much time fighting to get the other to see the world from our own perspectives, rather than walking side by side exploring the future together as individuals within a committed relationship, we would hinder our growth as individuals, rather than enable each of us to expand to become the best person we can be ........... how sad would that be
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Aspiring Member
    I don't think I've changed - to any major extent anyway - throughout our marriage, and think my wife would agree. I think having this other side to me has made me a more caring husband, more sensitive to my wife as a woman, and her realization of this is one of the things that helped her come to accept it.

Hi ...
    As you live . you change . some times you just dont see those changes . as you look back . yes well. over 62 years. i can say i have changed. & hopefully for the better .
    Jos has seen many of those . after 36 years . the hardest one s are for the change of the male to become a woman ..& live as one . 11 years will prove that . did every thing change . no of cause not .
    Has my love for Jos no ... or our kids . grown up now . with thier kids .that remains the same .
    As we step out as women the details are going to be . oh dear ... thats a woman . what happened . to the male . as one of my friends talk to me . & yesterday said . why are you wearing the head gear . or scarves. so i showed him . no hair . he asked about wearing a wig . i told him no more . next ? would i go back to wearing male clothes . i told him I hated male clothes . so its a no .oh dont worry we have talked before & he knows me .
    So what i am saying is we do change . even over the last 5 weeks concerning . my appreance . many have given me some neat comments .
    I have grown as a person . & as a woman ...if you check my profile from 2 years ago then read my posts youll see some of those changes .. use my name on google.
    The best change well one of is being able to live & express my self as to who i am . a woman .
    ...noeleena...

We have both grown and changed, She did not know that I was a crossdresser then, and there are thing that I know anout her now that I did not know then. Sure we have changed, But we have also grown closer over the years.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Change

I think we all change, for the better I hope. As we change --mature-- we all see things differently. Life changing events, such as serious illness, make you appreciate life more. Each day is important, and hopefully we use the time we have for what is imoprtant to each of us. Now when I have leisure time it is spent infemme ----hopefully part of each day.

Pretty much the exact words my wife said to me..."You are no longer the man that I fell in love with and married"....thus we have split and gone our seperate ways...she in TN and I now in Florida....

POST NOTE: The split lasted a total of 9 days....until the "honey come home, I miss you and still love you" call came....so I'm now back in TN. Oh Florida was soooooooooo nice....and I hated to come home...but that's where the wife is so that's where I am now. Compromising is all part of a relationship...

We've talked over a few of the issues one being the dressing...she says she's OK with it and it's not a problem with her....ah, we'll see where that goes...but two things might need to be done to see how it really is....one going out shopping with me enfemmed...and the other going out to a club with me as well....not that she has to, but it would be nice if she did....
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 10-07-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I've been stuck on chapter 2 ever since I bought that book. Both me and my wife have made gradual changes for the better. In my case the changes have not been as susbstantial as wanting to transistion towards SRS. Just minor tweeks here and there.

Aspiring Member
    After 39 years and a whole lot of bumps in the road, I can say that we've both changed, but for the better. Been through a lot and our love is stronger than ever.

I'm much more relaxed and less volatile but I don't attribute it to cding.

They say older and wiser.

I think that applies.

so many sincere posts. thanks. I do feel sad that my wife's disappointment in my strong transgendered inclination has not been a positive in our relationship. It is amazing how a couple can talk about virtually everything, but that 'elephant in the room' --the Helen side of me. I know it isn't a topic she is comfortable with-not really, despite what she might say at times indicating tolerance of transgendereds and crossdressers. It is embarassing to her and so I keep things under wrap. really strange in some ways. can really lead to loneliness.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    YES I am the man that she married, I know this because I was their with her when we where married.
    I know that we have changed, both of us. Some of us have shown change in our lives but just because someone changes does not change the fact that YES I am the man that she married. Even if I like to wear womens clothes. I am still her husband and she is still my wife. We have both changed as we grew in our lives together. Change is necessary to grow as a person. otherwise what would the point of living be. I love the fact that my wife has changed since we said our vows. She is now a mother of 4, career woman, and even more beautiful than the day we where married. Change is good

I can only hope that when I'm 30 years into a marriage, we both have grown to be better people....

Am I the same person she married?

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Yes and No.

Yes.... I was a crossdresser before I got married and I am still a crossdresser.

No.........As stated above by many we have grown and matured together.

Xx Vicky xX

It is human nature to change weather you are a man or a woman we do not stay the same
    we evolve in many ways every day wa learn new things and hopefully improve ourselves as time passes

mmm...good question.

Am I the same person? yes and no...

I am the same person in many ways, yes. I know I also have changed in many others.

When it comes to this, my CD & TG feelings have always been there, I just never been able to muster the courage to do anything about it or tell anyone I know about them, including my wife. Always tried to supress them only for those feelings to explode at times and come back stronger than ever.

I know I've changed in that with maturity, I have come to accept the person I am. I guess I am just afraid my wife will continue to accept me if/when she finds out.

We all change over time. Our principals are usually the same, but the way we do things are different. We age, we mellow, and with any luck we correct our mistakes as we grow.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

the same, I sure hope not :)

We married in our very early 20s. As we both approach 60, I don't think it's possible for us to say we are the same, and I doubt either of us expected to remain stagnant.

After a lot of hard work and some luck as well we certainly have grown together, understand each other like never before, and have worked out many of the issues that can hurt marriages. Recently we discovered Tina. She's much too recent of a discovery to understand how this will affect the relationship longterm, but so far it has been just like everything else that we do...we do it together.

junior member & GG

still the same enthusiasm..

We met we were 17..we are 55 ! The same personality,but could be, better persons.We grew up together,we learned from each other, we change each other for the best.The sparkle is still bright between us and we are often very silly as 2 young teenagers

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I am happy to see the varied answers here ..well not happy about the sad ones ... but you know what I mean ... they could have all been just yes or no.

And to that end -- my answer. Yes, I am. No, I'm not. Seeing as my wife knew about my crossdressing before then, and knew that it didn't make me less of a man, or any less the one that harm or evil has get past before it can get to her, I am still that man -- the man she married.

But then, the no, I'm not. Back then, and even on that night of of wedding, I was still a bit scared and shy inside. But her tender love and compassion, has helped both the man and the girl inside to grow and flower.

And that in turn, has not affected the 'yes' part. Or if it has, its only made it even more so.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS -- oh, and one day soon, the many she married will be just like her! A Canadian! (what did you think I was going to say?)
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Thumbs up

This is my first post so please bear with me... I had this exact reaction when my husband told me. After giving me time and space I realized I also wasn't the same person HE married- we have BOTH grown and changed over the years-it's inevitable. Time and space to realize we are both different in MANY ways helped. I'm still working on accepting everything but it's gotten better since I realized this.