Thread: Bicycling while dressed

Bicycling while dressed

After the recent thread "Jogging while dressed", I have to ask about cycling. Has anyone done it? It is a long standing desire of mine to do this, but there are way to many cyclists around here - someone would come up and want to talk while riding.

Oh, and I mean cycling like racing, not just out for a leisure ride. Also, some things just wont work well while riding - keeping yourself tucked in becomes uncomfortable - I've tried that part.

I like to ride as well. Mostly mountain biking though. I have to ask, what are you considering wearing on your ride? I'm sure you can get some real cute spandex shorts and little sneakers. I'd do that. Kinda sounds fun now that I'm thinking about it. lol
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

I'm thinking full cycling regalia - cycling shorts (shorter than the mens shorts I usually wear) jersey (pink?) and cycling shoes that clip into the pedals and a helmet and wig, sports bra and forms. (I love that pony tail look all the GGs have flowing out from the back of their helmets.) I race on weekends - I could never race dressed though!! They'd pull my USA Cycling license!

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have not done this completely but,I had tried tucking while ridding and found it to be painful. On a recent organized ride though I noticed every one was fairly flat up front. So that problem is minimized.
    I already have one pair of bike shorts that are unisex tri gear 5" inseam rather than 9+" like most mens shorts. Shoes (I use clips and femme trainers), saddles and gloves are fairly unisex in appearance, to the casual observer.
    The only problem I can see is the jersey. I know of a couple GG's who are my size, who can't find a jersey that fits properly. They all seem to be too short, or very baggy.

Go for it, I doubt most will give a second look. Although the wig will get awfully hot and dirty if your riding cyclocross. ( hey the season is just starting, many roadies are wrapping things up)
    Last edited by Chloe Renee; 09-30-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I can haz type nao?

Hurts me just thinking about tucking and riding. lol

I say take your bike and drive to another town of something. Or maybe take a route that's not so cyclist populated.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

I've done a few road rides with a sports bra and small forms (on days that were a bit on the chilly side, so I could cover up with a windbreaker).

I've also ridden with black woman's tights instead of biking tights on a long solo ride. I even flatted on that ride and another cyclist stopped to see if I needed a hand. He never mentioned the tights, which from close up were obviously not cycling tights.

I have in the past had an issue a few times with nipples chafing under a scratchy jersey. I've found that in some conditions and with some jerseys it is just more comfortable to wear an A cup bra as a base layer. It gives a bit more insulation to the chest on a cold day AND protects against chafing.

I've ridden just around the block a few times late at night with a dress or short skirt and hose on... just to see what it feels like, but would never do a 'real' (40+ mile) ride like that! Too many chances of being caught!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I've done 20K rides on bike paths wearing all spandex and jersey. I'm sure racing would be similar other than the speed. The tucking is not a problem (I have one of the newer bike seats with the void in the middle). The forms are an issue though...they bounce and your body sweats. So if you attach them they will tug and want to detach. If you don't attach them they might want to move around...so pick a bra that holds them a sports bra might not do the job. The other thing is wearing a helmet is really hard on a wig, so just get a cheapo to wear under your helmet for the illusion.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Now that the cooler weather is here I ride enfem more, since I have my own blonde highlighted hair don't need the wig, but I needed a new biking helmet. Makeup can be a problem but I keep it to a minimum and use Ben Nye theatrical foundation and waterproof mascara. I was able to get a jersey that was cut that accented my waist and women’s shorts.
    Working the legs (the largest muscles in the body) is a great way to loose weight and get great legs and butt. I have lost 25 lbs watching what I eat and out on the bike and skates. I have been out on my inline skates enfem often over the summer and have had my share of honked horns and whistles from passing cars.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Just a few 10 mile bike rides on one of the rails to trails around the area...

Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Done the commute home from work in the dark a lot in womens lycra tights, but lots of men also wear lycra tights! The hip padding and forms help make a female shape, the wig is less successful under a helmet.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laura_09 View Post
    Has anyone done it?
    Yes.

Oh, and I mean cycling like racing, not just out for a leisure ride.
    Rather elitist aren't you?

Also, some things just wont work well while riding - keeping yourself tucked in becomes uncomfortable - I've tried that part.
    Never had a problem. Get a decent saddle.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Banned Read only
    I mountain bike dressed all the time. You can see a picture in this now closed thread Went for a bike ride the other day...

My riding clothes are kind of plain, gray baggie shorts and a couple different team logo jerseys but they are all woman's. I always wear a sport bra of course.

Aspiring Member
    This is me while mountain biking. the shorts and top are from DeSoto - triathelete apparel. I'm wearing Leggs sheer energy pantyhose too. No makeup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've done a lot of around the area rides wearing women's clothes, such as short shorts and camisoles. I usually wear makeup, earrings, wig or my own long hair and foam forms (cause they stay in place).

I rode one day on RAGBRAI with a racerback tank and pigtails. I don't have the hips to look female while wearing cycling shorts. Shoes and helmets are unisex.

Shannon

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

To ride enfemm

One of the joys of the outdoors is cycling, properly dressed. By that I simply mean wearing the correct top, forms and a fitting bra.

A hairpiece goes without saying as do shorts.

A helmet is hardly an essential if you are not in heavy traffic or exceeding 25mph. These being the only two occasions that you will probably damage your head.
    While the top need not be pink, Shorts should be black. Where else can you wipe your hands after replacing the chain or repairing a puncture ? Anything else, light blue or whatever is merely a wanna be pro style sucumbing to advertising.... I think.

Shorts should also be sort of short and definitely Lycra. Men seem to go for the long, almost knee length variety.
    There is an urban fable that the material helps support the thigh muscles. Rather like leg shaving for the male rider.
    Ladies shorts are too short to offer that support and the ladies do seem to get by without it. My shortest and the most comfortable ones are around 5 inches as compared with some mens' of 12 inches

Truly, whatever it is you are going to do, then dress as the ladies would.

~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 10-02-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"