Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about you are you currently "working on"?

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar

What about you are you currently "working on"?

What particular aspects of your cross-dressing are you currently "working on"?

I go through periods in which I concentrate on some particular aspect of my dressing, such as trying out a number of different varieties of something to find what suits me, or building up my confidence and "naturalness" with regards to that aspect by repeated practice.

A lot of people take their cues from you yourself, and if you are feeling self-conscious about something, or if you haven't done something enough for it to have become "second nature" to you {yes, yes, double entendre noted}, then the way you carry yourself or the way you move, or if you "check out how it looks" too often, then people will notice that "something isn't right". When people notice that you are male, whether they consider it "weird" or "unnatural" depends upon what you project about it being natural and normal. So sometimes you have to deliberately practice something, or deliberately push your comfort boundaries until you get to the point where it is comfortable and normal for you.

Aspects that I personally have been working on lately are:
    • wearing more obvious earrings and more traditionally feminine earrings, such as larger hoops or earrings that dangle lower, or pearl dangles. Some of what I've worn might normally be hidden by my (long) hair, but especially when I move around at work, the momentum of their movement would tend to bring them into view. I know that my more-obvious earrings are not going completely unnoticed, but I've worn them often enough now that me wearing them is just part of the "flow" of me, not important to anyone else because the naturalness and self-acceptance within me is picked up by other people.
    • wearing a soft lipstick in to work. I don't mean a "very pale shade", but when I don't use the lip-liner and when I only put the lipstick on the lips themselves (no "over-drawing"), it gives some colour to my lips without being obvious that it is Makeup. Without the lip-linear, Yes, the lipstick does wear off (especially if I have something to eat); I may or may not refresh it. Once I've put it on before going in, I don't worry about whether it was "too visible" or whether it has worn off enough to be "safe" to go into the hall, and so on -- and yes, I've gone to talk to people right after getting to work, when the lipstick would still be there. A GG who was Wearing Lipstick would probably use a lip-liner or use a longer-lasting (less creamy, more waxy) colour, but my purpose at the moment is not to become the company Guy Who Wears Lipstick: the purpose is more to get me comfortable with routinely wearing some lipstick, including around people who know me.
    • Over the last couple of weeks, I've been working on wearing forms at work. Not every day, and perhaps only my smaller forms, and I do sometimes still "chicken out" and remove them if I think I'm going to be dealing with my boss -- but still I'm wearing them when I'm interacting with people at work, and I wear even the larger ones until I get to my individual office, not covering them up or putting an obstacle in the way if I stop to talk to someone on my route upstairs.
    • Over the last few days, I've been working on going out with a more obvious bust -- with no wig (but shoulder-length hair). Male face, but clearly femme clothes, very light makeup, and with my bosum about as obvious as it would be for a GG who was not choosing to minimize theirs (e.g., T-shirt or sweater instead of covering with a jacket.) Note that I didn't say "with a bigger bust": it isn't the size of the form that has changed, it is the extent to which I am letting other people be aware of the shape, by choice of fabric and top design. If I am going to go "public" as androgynous, then I am going to end up in more situations in which people are aware of my bust (and I'm still considering hormones for breast growth, and I do not rule out implants.) When I talked to human resources at work, HR thought it would likely be easier for people to accept if I started off with forms and had people adjust to that before I switched to obviously-female clothes. Even if my gender therapist agrees, the question would still remain "What size of forms would I wear at work, knowing that they would be noticed?" Which is going to depend partly on what size I can wear with confidence and naturalness... which, for the larger forms especially, is going to depend upon practice and self-pride. C-cup forms are pretty much invisible on me unless I am wearing something specifically tailored to have "pockets" for the breasts, or unless I am wearing something more form fitting like a stretchy shirt... and C cup forms are much smaller than "feels right" to me. The professionals tell me that they are unrealistically small for my body size and projected "presence", that I should about an F or G cup. Start small and shrug off comments with "Yah, so what?" and eventually switch, or go right into the the size recommended by the professionals... I don't know the answer, but in the meantime I'm working on becoming more natural and less self-conscious about perceived bust size. (And I'm also discovering the "joys" of trying to run for the bus when your bust is bounding up and down )

What do you find yourself concentrating on or "practicing" lately?

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Currently trying to lose some of the weight that has crept on in the last couple of years so that I don't feel like my skirts are cutting me in half Apart from that I'm comfortable with how I am.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    The wig thread got to me thinking about one. Gotta do some more research on it. Probably go with a long. My job keeps me from being out in public for now. dk

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    As always I've been trying to work on getting my eye shadow colors correct.

Longterm I've been working on the "functionality" aspect. Meaning that I think I have the still picture look taken care of and I'm usually pleased with how they turn out.

The problem is my stance, seating, walking, talking and just general existence I look like a "neanderthal" guy in a dress. Hence the "functionality" problem which has a lot to do with why I never venutre outside the closet.

For me it's Breasts!! After reading an article in "Men's Health" I've been obsessed with them and it's really paying off.. Supliments.. Creams.. Massage.... Negetive pressure..... Eating and drinking soy damn near everything... Changing medications to ones that cause gynecomastia...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile kerryann

My dressing is wearing girly underwear fulltime so I am working on being more adventurous with the dressing.

You are very right. i am always working on something to improve the whole aspect. Right now, my main interest is my hair. I have been growing it out for nine months now. I found a friendly stylist to work with. But I need to learn how to make it look femme with my own curing iron and styling brushes and dryer. I am in a constant project of getting the right look with makeup and practicing with colors and applications. I am also trying to be more femme with my physical movements (walking, sitting, using my hands more artfully, etc.) Oh yea, losing weight!!!!!
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Hi Sandra,

Right now I am trying to loose a few pounds. I have a makeover and photo session scheduled in less than 2 weeks and want to look as thin as possible.

Nicole

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

always something

1) I lose weight in chunks, and this week is a drive to lose 4 pounds and keep them off.

2) I'm working on the inflections in my voice without dropping into the lower resonance, working on talking more slowly as it helps a lot, and working on clearing my throat without that masculine lower resonance.

3) I'm casually trying to figure out how to generate a cleavage without sacrificing life-like breastforms and without getting strapped into a harness. I love Gina's method here, but I'd need new bras and I'm concerned that it would leave me a little "hard". Still working on it .

tina

How to blend the perfect eye makeup with the fact that I wear glasses, also lose weight, and find the proper hair style that goes with my VOGUE eyewear.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For me it is transitioning but the fact is it's the whole package. Presentation, style, make up suitable for work, and of course taking care of my hair(shoulder length human hair wig, lace cap).

Teri

I think there are always different projects going on. Always looking for new ways to do makeup, mainly eyeshadow, When I go out we usually go to clubs, the makeup I have on there doesn't work as well at other times during the day.

I have been trying to get a website going showing step by step pictures of how to apply eyeshadows in different styles. I would love to help others figure out how to do it. I remember before I knew anything about makeup it seemed impossible, but now it's actually not hard at all. I'm not saying I'm good at it, but I'm working on it, and would love to get more people adding their pictures of how they do their makeup to help others.

Increasing my wardrobe.

And of course loosing a little weight, it's not too bad, I don't actively work for it, but if a little went away I wouldn't complain.

Loves Pantyhose Melissa in hose's Avatar
    Mine would have to be losing weight.

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    what part i'm concentrating the most on is getting my hips padded just right to look natural. make'n fairly good head way but still room for improvement.
    and working hard at getting a certain "part" to stay hidden and flat. but other than that i'm content with my looks.

My weight. I've made a promise to myself to not go out again until I've lost a significant amount of weight.

-40+ lbs so far.
    DonnaT

Seriously? How epigenomes determine who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    Seriously? How epigenomes determine who we are.
    Reminds me I need to work on my english vobaculary some more.. A lot more!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm currently working on all this damn body hair. I swear I can watch it grow!

Make-up as a whole and taking care of my face. A few days ago I notice I had this red flaky rash on my face and its somewhat distressing me. The curves, Ill worry about it way way later.

I'm not working on anything in particular other than make up and nail polish. I have a small thrift store (one employee, me) and lately I have kept my makeup, bra, heels and sometimes nail polish on for hours after I opened. I think in my mind I want to be caught by my customers or even friends because I couldn't possibly get the polish off in time after they walk in..

Wink Nothing with my look...

I'm more or less happy with my look.

I'm now more concerned with the pain and guilt that so many of our sisters feel. Too many have not accepted themselves, too many have not even come out to their SO's and family. I spend more of my time educating others about things TG. Once we reach and teach enough people, we will tip the tables in our favor and being TG will not be an issue.

I believe we will see a change in our lifetimes (yes even at my age).

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Well, I'm not into gender blending -- I'm either boy mode or girl mode.

My look is ok, I'm slender enough (size 8-10), face is nearly clear, and short of major facial surgery, I'm probably looking as good as I'm gonna get. I'm too thin and toned to worry about cleavage -- so I don't.

I'm out in public a lot. These days, I observe other women, and focus on my presentation: voice, gestures, and walk when I'm out and about. Coughing, sneezing and clearing my throat ("Ahemmm!") were the among last things I worked on.

-- Diane

"You can observe a lot just by watching" -- Yogi Berra

Gold Member
    trying to drop a few vanity pounds and working on voice.
    both are doing well, but kind of half ass. I just need to get more serious about both.

those are the only things I can really do right now
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Things I am working on

Well, several things come to mind that I shall work on, starting next month, and certainly going into the new yr.
    1. Losing weight. (the old beer gut thing)
    2. This is a big one. Working harder on trying to make my GF understand that when I want to be dressed, it is more than a sexual thing. We have discussed this several times before, but she is still having trouble understanding that most of the time, I just want to feel (content), at piece with myself, natural....(oh I could use so many words to describe how I feel, but I think all here get my drift). I could even say I want to feel normal, becuase being as we are, dressing in feminine things IS normal for us isn't it?
    She has always had a problem understanding why I need to dress for that reason, and why I feel so comfortable having feminine "mannerisms" while in my fem mode.
    3. If I am succesful with reason #2, I want to begin working on my makeup skills, wearing a wig more often, and just looking complete.
    4. Again, with the succsess of reason #2, being able to finally live full time as a female in our home, with limitations of couse, such as visitors, service people, etc.
    Wish me luck. I plan to keep all here posted as to how things develop. I am so glad I found this forum to be able to express my feelings.

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar
    I am trying to figure out how to create feminine eyebrows. Mine are very low guybrows. I need to somehow create higher, arched feminine brows. My latest approach is using tape to lift the eyebrows, which is an approach I found on these forums

Also, just makeup in general, contouring. Trying to identify and eliminate the guyness cues and find and emphasize the girliness cues.

Elaine