Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will hormones give you hips?

Will hormones give you hips?

I know that past a certain age hormones will not change the skeletal structure. I have read that the body will begin to redistribute fat around the hips. I guess that it varies by person but is it possible for hormones to grant a nice set of hips?

I would not bet on it. At best you might redistribute some fat but your bones are done. Your shoulders won't narrow up either nor your ribcage get more triangular. You can get some minor changes, mostly fat and loss of muscle mass, but your body shape won't change
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yeah sadly no hip growth but i am still young maybe i will get some *hopes*

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Smile For me I have seen some fat redistribution to my hips.

And my butt as well. Like everyone else said the bones don't change but the fat moves around or decides to settle elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With Love,
    Kimberly

"Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin
    hold your head up and keep on dancin" MercyMe

One year. I definitely have more hip. And there is noticeable difference in waist to hip ratio. Thank God although I was once muscular, my shoulders never got too wide, so when I slimmed down my shoulders did too. I'm very happy with my new body. Very.

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Yes you can get hip growth. The fat restucturing will place fatty cells around the hip area, butt, and thighs forming a very feminine hip shape. It takes several years and you have to take in your age factor. Hrt can't change your bone structure but will transfer your fat structure just like a females.

Quote Originally Posted by stacie View Post
    Yes you can get hip growth. The fat restucturing will place fatty cells around the hip area, butt, and thighs forming a very feminine hip shape. It takes several years and you have to take in your age factor. Hrt can't change your bone structure but will transfer your fat structure just like a females.
    What Stacie said here is all very true....

My 48 yo Butt & Hips were the last thing to finally develop after Years of HRT, Not Months..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I've been taking hormones for well over two years now and I have the same non-existant hips that I always had. But then I look at my sister who has no hips, my mother and grandmother who had no hips, and that pretty much means I'll likely never have them either. I have kick-ass other things, though.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

While it is not exactly the topic of the thread - it is related, bear with me?

I know that there are at least a few surgeons who will remove a bottom rib in an effort to produce a more female waistline (seems extreme to me, but everyone is different). And I know that bone grafts do exist, one of my parishioners recently had a nasty fall and basically obliterated one of his ankles in the process, and the doctors (with the help of lots of pins) are basically rebuilding his lower leg with the help of bone from a bone bank. With all of that in mind, does anyone know if there is a surgeon who does something like a hip augmentation, or reconstruction? It must be possible, I have another parishioner who literally got run over by his own tractor a few years ago and his pelvis was broken in something like 6 places... but he is up and walking around again...

Any one?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Silver Member

changes?

With enough money, you can find a doctor to try almost anything.

Does that mean it's a good thing? How much do you want it? One of my girlfriends just researched fat transferal from waist to butt and hips. This is a perfectly possible operation and is being done today in southern Florida. The cost? $80,000. So if you got it, go for it. But I don't have $80,000 and I suspect that not that many other of us do either.

Lower rib removal is a fairly simple operation that has been done for more than a hundred years now. Victorian women were perhaps MORE fixated on body perfection than are some crossdressers. Again, if you got the dough, then go for it.

BUT . . . . . All this fascination with a Barby body seems somehow a waste of time and energy and MONEY to me. Women come in ALL shapes and sizes, just like men. There are fat women, thin women, tall women, short women, big women, little women, muscular women, petite women. There are women with wide shoulders and no hips. There are women with flat chests and flat behinds. Women are fascinating in their diversity.

Joining the sisterhood of women does NOT consist of putting on a dress. Neither does it consist of getting a surgical enhancement of your hips. Being a woman is SOOOO much more than external appearance.

This is the transexual section of this forum so I am assuming that people here are more interested in transition than in crossdressing. To be successful you are going to have to make the best of what you have. Gee whiz, that's what natal women have to do. They make the best of what they have. Are you tall? Then you are gonna have to be a tall women. That's OK. There are plenty of tall women out there. Are you a bit lacking in the hips and butt department? Then you are gonna have to be a woman with small hips and butt. That's OK too. LOTS of women have that problem. (And believe me, ALL my girlfriends jump all over me when I complain about MY lack in that department. They ALL envy me) ("Oh Stephenie, you are so thin!") Yeah. I wish I had half what they have. But I don't. And what a waste to spend my time worrying about it. It will never change. I just gotta do the best with what I got.

So if you have plenty of money, and I mean PLENTY, you can get almost anything you want. It might kill you. Look at Michael Jackson. He tried to buy everything he wanted. Is he enjoying it all now? But really, the key to success is to work with what you have. Dress to compensate for body flaws. I wear a lot of BIG shirts that fall below my butt. I wear a lot of camies that emphasize my small titties. I try to be as vivacious and interesting as I can be to detract from my less that perfect body. I pay a lot for a good hairstylist. I put a lot of effort into skin care. I shop carefully and listen to shopping assistants in the stores where I shop. I have a woman at JC penny who I trust implicitly. If she says buy it, I buy it. While some of this is expensive, it's FAR, FAR, less expensive that 80 grand for butt and hip surgery, or even 10 grand for bigger titties (and mine are real).

So it's probably time for me to climb down off my soapbox now. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 10-11-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    All this fascination with a Barby body seems somehow a waste of time and energy and MONEY to me. Women come in ALL shapes and sizes, just like men. There are fat women, thin women, tall women, short women, big women, little women, muscular women, petite women. There are women with wide shoulders and no hips. There are women with flat chests and flat behinds. Women are fascinating in their diversity............

To be successful you are going to have to make the best of what you have. Gee whiz, that's what natal women have to do. They make the best of what they have. Are you tall? Then you are gonna have to be a tall women. That's OK. There are plenty of tall women out there. Are you a bit lacking in the hips and butt department? Then you are gonna have to be a woman with small hips and butt. That's OK too. LOTS of women have that problem.........

But really, the key to success is to work with what you have. Dress to compensate for body flaws. I wear a lot of BIG shirts that fall below my butt. I wear a lot of camies that emphasize my small titties. I try to be as vivacious and interesting as I can be to detract from my less that perfect body.

Seriously, have you ever read a womens fashion magazine? The diversity of women has pretty much made it a universal practice to break down fashion advise by body type. Pear shape? Wear this to draw attention away from hips....Straight? Wear this to create the illusion of a clearly defined waist....apple shape? Wear this to de-emphasize your upper body. Women come in ALL shapes and sizes. Acceptance of that fact helps both natal and corrected women alike. Once you accept who you are and what you have to work with, then you can start to take the steps to dress appropriately like, I may add, EVERY OTHER WOMAN ON THE PLANET!

But as to the original question, no, hormones will NOT add hips (as far as bone is concerned). What they WILL do is redistribute fat to your upper thighs and flesh out areas that may have been a bit sparse previously. They will also help to draw out a more defined waistline therefore giving the illusion of hips, but in reality, not much has changed as to their actual size. I hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]Kelly Kelly Bo Belly Banarama Moe Mel Lee Fee Fie Foe Fell E KELLY![/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]~:>[/SIZE]
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...le-avatar1.jpg
    [SIZE="3"]FABJSFADHH [SIZE="1"](Female At Birth Just Suffering From A Distended Hoo Haa)[/SIZE] Kelly[/SIZE]

Coda...

Red face

My experience

Depends...I'm seeing a great deal of hip and butt shape due to fat re-distribution...it's really noticeable...skirts that would just slide off before hrt now sit just fine...and I haven't gained any real weight either...

Silver Member
    I'm seeing a great deal of hip and butt shape due to fat re-distribution

While we have no way of knowing how much of this is due to wishfull thinking, and how much is actually happening, PLEASE pay attention to the operative phrase here:

"FAT redistribution".

You have to have fat to redistribute. If you are carrying some extra weight (and how many of us aren't?) you can certainly get some reshaping. If you are slender (and don't we all wish), the likelyhood of changing your shape is slim to nonexistant.

None the less, the anectdotal evidence seems to indicate that, as in the quoted poster above, hormonal therapy does, in some cases, improve body image. So let's all think positive.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 10-11-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Yup, all very true Stephene...

The simplest way I can put is,
    If one is on HRT,
    The waistline is the key thing to concentrate on, the rest will fall into place in time..

HRT= Hormones + Redistribution + Time
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Hi..
    As a 62 year old. at 5 9 . 11 stone . oh yea 154 lb s . top abouit 18 waist a 14 . 32 1 / 2 in s . down from 16. 34 1 / 2 in s. h r t. just on 5 years . & no fat . to move as close as i ll ever be to looking like a woman .
    the points are eat & drink right . no drugs . just really clean living . & being fit . working out on the building sites & lots of bike rideing over the years ...has helped me . the comments i get are neat looking legs & a young looking face for my age ..
    .if you spend time looking after your self it pays off later in life . a baby boomer here.
    ...noeleena...

I agree with the others that one shouldn't be obsessed with an unrealistic body shape. Most women, I read, get depressed reading a women's fashion magazine with all the lingerie ads-they don't even resemble those models!

I strongly recommend against it, but I believe some of the south american 'she males' that seem to have remarkable waist to hip ratios come by it courtesy of dangerous raw silicone injections into that region of the body. great for a photo shoot, maybe, not so when the silicone enters the body fluid stream with fatal results possible.

Moving the fat

Hi all
    Here is my worth.
    The latest thing I have heard on liposuction is that rather than discard the unwanted fat the surgical team is now able to use this anywhere else you may want it.
    They probably thought of females and breast enlargements first off,but what is to stop a male from having it removed from the waist and love handles and putting it in his chest or hips.
    I personally just wanted it gone,and it was.
    Hooray for modern science.
    PJ

Philipa Jane

Quote Originally Posted by helenr View Post
    I agree with the others that one shouldn't be obsessed with an unrealistic body shape. Most women, I read, get depressed reading a women's fashion magazine with all the lingerie ads-they don't even resemble those models!

I strongly recommend against it, but I believe some of the south american 'she males' that seem to have remarkable waist to hip ratios come by it courtesy of dangerous raw silicone injections into that region of the body. great for a photo shoot, maybe, not so when the silicone enters the body fluid stream with fatal results possible.
    I have heard the same stories about raw silicone injections. Horrifying. Though I am pretty sure the solution isn't just to tell folks who seek a different shape to be happy with who they are on the inside - as wonderful as that might make someone else feel. I think the solution here is a more reputable doctor and more appropriate procedures.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

i may be way off on this but I know the the pelvus in a woman widens by opening. This may be a child birth thing. However, if its a hormone thing there stands to reason that MTF could do that too with bone structure limitations so its likly to have minimal effect. I have been told that hormones only add and don't take away, and for the life of me I can't see why there would be no effect. of course with age there is also a lessing of the ability for hormoes to effect estrogen sensitive parts of the body. If i had to hazzard a guess bones are no longer sensitive to any hormone after you stop growing.

This is not a bad thing there are plenty if GGs with narrower hips and you'll be able to wear smaller pants. And your butt will grow to some effect. I've never heard anyone one say with admiration "Damn look at those hips!"
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

Women have wider hips mostly because their pelvis is wider, so unless you started HRT in the womb...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelvis#Sexual_dimorphism

I have a little bit of hips from HRT. I've lost 33 lbs. in the last 6 months but my butt and hips are actually a little bigger than they were before. Only a little bit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    Women have wider hips mostly because their pelvis is wider, so unless you started HRT in the womb...
    Or even before puberty...

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    I've lost 33 lbs. in the last 6 months but my butt and hips are actually a little bigger than they were before. Only a little bit, though.
    Go you! You rock!

Wider hips are easy

Wider hips are easy.

Move to The NE USA where we have 10 months of winter.
    Do nothing but watch TV and eat all winter.

It has been observed to work !

I want to add an exception:

I know some of you have seen this body type in person, or maybe some of you even have the body type, but I'm talking about those male bodies that are always predisposed toward larger hips. That is even before starting hormones or anything they already have fairly large hips for a male body, even bordering on what I guess you could call a female type pelvis.

Who knows why that occurs, perhaps due to hormone levels or genetics, but I've seen photos results of HRT on that body type and they seem to have some pretty amazing success.

I imagine that really nothing extra is happening, it's just that they have a larger frame on which to hang the redistributed body fat and so they simply start adding to what they've already got in the hip department. After all they started with hips to envy.

Unfortunately not all of us are blessed with such a frame!

Anyone else seen or know what body type I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    BUT . . . . . All this fascination with a Barby body seems somehow a waste of time and energy and MONEY to me. Women come in ALL shapes and sizes, just like men. There are fat women, thin women, tall women, short women, big women, little women, muscular women, petite women. There are women with wide shoulders and no hips. There are women with flat chests and flat behinds. Women are fascinating in their diversity.

Joining the sisterhood of women does NOT consist of putting on a dress. Neither does it consist of getting a surgical enhancement of your hips. Being a woman is SOOOO much more than external appearance.
    So very, very dead on.

If you really want to, and you have that kind of money to waste, yes. You can get "body contouring", which can include a new set of hips. Be prepared to take alot of time off. Rehab is lengthy and very, very painful, I hear. Me? I will barely have the cash, or the pain threshold required to heal from SRS. Not to mention the disgusting stuff you have to drink the night before that makes you throw up and poop all night(no eating, either. don't even swallow your toothpaste or they will call off the surgery. I'm really dreading that part). I'd much rather spend my time and money doing the best with what I have and living as me instead of recuperating from a variety of surgeries. Even some minor FFS, which would actually be pretty useful, is only a remote possibility for me.

HRT will redistribute fat and other soft tissue, slowly and minimally, especially minimally if you are over 30. The illusion of female hips can happen, the result of a smaller waistline and a bigger butt.

Hugs,

Melissa

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    I have looked at some of the tgirls I know that have taken hormones for 15 years, and I don't see hourglass figures, the ones in particular are pretty tall too.

I remember when I was about 20, I was rather proud of being able to carry a baby on my hip. Never did it with my own kids though, the hip bones then had too much fat on them, so I didn't have the shelf anymore. (Darn it!)

I am resigned to having the same shape as most women in their 50's except the real thin ones, so I can't complain.

Sure I would love to be 36-26-36 but that is as much a dream as having a million dollars or enough to have SRS, and the facelift I have now decided I would like to have to remove the wrinkles around my mouth. Probably won't ever happen either.

I shouldn't complain even about that, as most people actually think I'm about 50 or 55, not 74.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]