Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will hormones give you hips?

I do it for me =^) Monica_Cobblestone's Avatar
    I'm interested in hip growth and I'm actually a little disappointed to hear that I won't have the Beyonce (my idol) hips I've dreamed about...now that I think about it, most if not all t-girls I know lack the curves...its a sad day for me
    Finally feeling comfortable in my heels .

Lot of good replies...

Yeah, your bones don't change, but the fat shifts over time, and the new fat you get goes "where you want it." After a little more than a year on HRT my body fat percentage increased even as my weight dropped by (an admittedly not so whopping) eight to 10 pounds. I think that had a lot to do with the muscle loss (losing 20 pounds of muscle, gaining 10 or so pounds of fat, and a net loss of around 10 pounds). With HRT that added fat is more likely to go where you'd expect. For me, and this is just a guess from my own experience, I think fat you gain on HRT is more likely to go where you want; the shifting of that fat, though, for me, took longer. And for what it's worth, I was a late teenager at the time and most of it went to my thighs, which was not so cool. At first it was exciting, but I got stretch marks that I still have to this day, which sucks even harder because (1) I was/am at a healthy weight and (2) no one has the hots for chicks with big thighs.

I guess beyond all that, I think what Andrea James wrote somewhere on her site is really true: passing is above the neck. It's great to feel good in your own skin, hips and all, but I don't think the presence or lack of hips is all that big a deal for other people. It's just us and how we feel about that. So long as you feel good about yourself and your body, your time is probably best spent working on your voice... but, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sempervirens View Post
    beyond all that, I think what Andrea James wrote somewhere on her site is really true: passing is above the neck. It's great to feel good in your own skin, hips and all, but I don't think the presence or lack of hips is all that big a deal for other people. It's just us and how we feel about that. So long as you feel good about yourself and your body, your time is probably best spent working on your voice... but, that's just my opinion.
    i think you compleatly correct. i don't think looks are the key to happiness. I know a TS who has no job, looks like a man in a dress, and she is the happiest she's ever been in her life. I really think the key is to accept who you are and embrase what you cannot change as the differences that make us unique and wonderful.

bear in mind with current trans surgery proceedures there is nothing we can do with hips, but there are people with all shapes and sizes of hips.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

About "fat redistribution"...I'm not sure you have much control over how that redistribution is accomplished, just as a person has little control during dieting over what area has fat reduced. You know what they say: "your mileage may vary".

I've heard it called a journey more than a destination.

The older you are, the less changes you will experience. One thing I have noticed about female hormone's on the male body, is that some grow a larger belly, high up like a man's. Plus breast deformities.
    I took a course in autopsy, and the subject of ID-ing a skeleton's sex was brought up. The coroner told us there was little to ID a skeleton's sex, other than the hole in the center of the pelvis, of a female was larger than a males. Nothing was said about a females pelvis being wider. Of course there are variables in any number of different skeleton's.

The only transitioning MTFs that I've ever seen with significant hip growth are those that inject silicone with all its risks. This question drew my interest because I would so like to have enhanced hips if i transition. I believe a teen who transitions would have more significant hip growth though.
    Last edited by ~amy; 10-30-2009 at 11:33 AM.