Thread: Interesting time today

The further adventures of " The odd couple"

Several days of the week, my wife goes to physical therapy. Today was one of those days. Part of the ritual is after she gets done, we have to make a potty stop before we go. Since it isnt a very busy place and I am near always dressed, we go in together. Usually we dont see anyone either in or coming out. Go in go potty and then fix the makeup, me at least!,and leave.
    Today was a little different. As I was fixing my makeup, I heard someone that my wife knows come in and they started talking. Not really a problem, but dont want to upset anyone's sensibilties so, I finished and left, passing between them on the way out. The friend saw me but didnt recognize me because, the last time she saw me was at her wedding and I was dressed quite well as a man ,and got a little quiet. After my wife came out she said that, although her friend knows me, she didnt recognize me and said " I think that was a transgendered person" to which my wife simply said "yes" and then continued talking.
    When the friend got finished, she met us in the hallway and had another little puzzled look when I followed my wife and her out the door to the lobby. She had something that she wanted my wife to look at that concerned her husband. Her husband joined us and then my wife said may I show Dael this? Then she handed it to me as I sat on the bench holding my purse to which her friend then said" Oh, hi Dael" we discussed the paper as if nothing was out of the ordinary and went home. No one fell over fainting and no one ran away sceaming either. I know this is the way we want things to be , but I like to write and say that positive things do happen and once again that my wife and our friends are incredible people.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    What a wonderful surprise for a change. Thanks for sharing this special moment you enjoyed with your spouse and friends.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Thank you! I love to pass on the good moments. I know it may be a bit long winded but, to describe it any other way would just not work.

Gold Member
    Doin't you like Life's little suprises.
    Although I could never pass out side, Size 14www shoe, huge hands etc.
    I envey thoes who can, And wish I could enjoy the feeling they must be
    having. Thanks for sharing, and Good luck. Rader

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Hi Majestyk:

What a great story! It is encouraging to hear how smoothly this encounter went. Thanks!

Hugs,

Anne

You're welcome! I dont want everyone to think it's all sunshine and roses though. There are some bad moments, I dont have many because those that matter to me have been nothing but supportive so far and those foolish, ignorant ones, well I just dont pay attention to them. ....and I try to divert my wife's attention from them, she doesnt take too kindly to it!
    I try to live by the adage that those that matter dont mind and those that mind dont matter. Confidence is the key. I am far from being "pretty" or what most would think passable but, I am accepted because I believe in myself and it shows.

MAJESTYK, thanks, those little "stories" help some realise just how "easy" being accepted in society can be , how the Transgendered can be noticed but at the same time accepted for who they are .......... thanks and give our love to your wonderful lady
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Hi Majestyk, Thank you for the nice story I am planning on going out soon for the first time and your story will certainly help out. Charlena
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

Sheila , you're very welcome dear and I will tell my lovely Lady.

Charlena, it's all in your attitude. I act as if I belong and I have a right to be myself and I do. Be confident and it will happen.