Thread: Dreaming About Dressing

Dreaming About Dressing

I haven't been able to dress for about a month now. Yet recently I have had numerous dreams about dressing. Not only am I dreaming about it, in my dreams I always think to myself "no one would think of this as crossdressing".

But it even gets a bit weirder than that. All of my dreams take place in places and events that I know will happen. For instance: last night my dream dealt with me going to pick up my cousin from the airport with my cousin-in-law. I was wearing a skirt with pantyhose, rainbow socks and tennis shoes. And a regular shirt. Quite a combination.

Is this normal?

Gold Member
    Oh I'm sure it is Vanysh. When sleeping, the brain combines all sorts of memories, thoughts, etc into some very bizarre scenarios, especially when you have particular interests weighing heavy on your mind. I've had a few of those myself, seemingly coming right out of a "Twilight Zone" episode!

My crossdressing dreams are about evenly split between wish-fulfillment dreams (where I am given an opportunity to dress however I want and everybody encourages me) and terror dreams where I am in public and suddenly realize I forgot to take off my dress and put on guy clothes before going out.

I hate waking up from the first kind only to find out it was just a dream!

I can't imagine it being a bad thing to have dreams about crossdressing...

I can probably recall a good 10 dreams where I was dressed en fem or partially dressed.

I love those dreams! I hope I have one tonight!

Twirl Girl

My dreams about crossdressing usually consist me of in a really pretty pink dress with long hair and a bow in my hair twirling out in the sunset and have a blast laughing with family and friends with a smile on my face!! I love pretty dresses that have a skirt with lots of twirling capacity it is my favorite kind of dress and I think they are the most pretty dresses I have ever seen besides ball gowns!!

I've never had terror dreams about crossdressing. I have had a number dreams where wearing women's clothing is normal for me.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    My crossdressing dreams are about evenly split between wish-fulfillment dreams (where I am given an opportunity to dress however I want and everybody encourages me) and terror dreams where I am in public and suddenly realize I forgot to take off my dress and put on guy clothes before going out.

I hate waking up from the first kind only to find out it was just a dream!
    I used to have a recurring dream that basically combined those two senarios.

I would dream that I was in a situation where I was discovered by a group of people fully dressed and everone acted like it was completely normal etc. and I was not the least bit paraniod.

However suddenly, I would get extremely embarassed and ashamed and had to get out of those clothes.

Aspiring Member
    Now that I can dress, just about anytime I'm home, I don't dream as much about dressing as I used to. Still, as you mentioned I do dream about dressing in situations that could actually happen.

I would think so, especially if it is a basic part of who we are.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I know this is kind of un related to the original post but my wife had a dream about cross dressing last night. She dreamnt our neighbors came by for a visit. I came home in male mode and said hi to everyone. I then go to the bedroom and came back out in complete fem mode to my wifes horror. The neighbors run screaming out the house (I guess my make up wasn't right).

Then a few minutes later practically the whole neighborhood was banging on our door trying to get in our house. My wife was terrified and I only was concerned about taking pictures. Then she woke up.

Maybe this was a sign telling me for the time being, it's best to remain indoors within the warm safety of the closet and to not venture out into the cold scary world.

I have had dreams where I am in a hair salon for a haircut annd end up with a women's style.
    Another is I am back in high school and a bunch of girls jump me and take me to one of their houses. They then force me to be made over for prom as a girl.
    There's one where I am at work and something spills on my clothes. My boss (a woman) tells me to get out of the wet clothes and they will get me something to wear. I end up dressed in some of the girls I work with clothes. They fix my hair and put me in make up by force. I work the rest of the day as a girl and one of them takes me home this way.
    smile it makes people wonder what your up to!

Jocelyn, if you're not out to the neighborhood I'm sure your wife has a lot of anxiety about just that scenario... I agree, best to keep it under wraps for a while just to ease her fears.

During a nap the other day, I dreamt that I was leaving the house and had to stop to fix my lipstick.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Any more it's about the only time I do dream.. when I dream I am wearing, is what I meant to say.. even in the most "butch" of dreams I am dressed in part or in whole as fem..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I started dreaming about living my adult life as a woman before I was 10.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Dreams are great and I would say they are "normal" But I must say that what is not normal is rainbow socks and tennis shoes. As a guy you could wear a dress in public and people would just say hey that guys in a dress, however wear rainbow socks with tennis shoes in public and you would not survive. Just joking honey, be who you are, wear what you like and dont give a rats bum about what people say. Go Gurl.
    Hugs Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Vanysh View Post
    ...my dreams take place in places and events that I know will happen. For instance: last night my dream dealt with me going to pick up my cousin from the airport with my cousin-in-law. I was wearing a skirt with pantyhose, rainbow socks and tennis shoes. And a regular shirt. Quite a combination.

Is this normal?
    No, rainbow socks and pantyhose is not normal.

Small town in Scotland Claire Fleming's Avatar
    I sometimes have dreams about being in a relaxed cross dressing scenario, which are wondeful, but too rare.

I also have scary dreams where I am partly dressed and about to be discovered by friends or strangers who do not know. I then go through a frantic pantomime of trying to hide or cover myself up. Funnily, in these dreams I have never been discovered. Pathetic, eh?

I actually havent dreamed about crossdressing in quite some time.. well not that I can remember anyhow. Lots of times I dont really remember my dreams when I wake up. Sometimes its just bits and pieces or nothing at all. Still there are those times when I remember quite a bit.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Sure, I've dreamed about dressing many times.

Well I have CD dreams all the time. What is funny is some of them can be mixed in with nightmares while others are just pure fun. It all depends heck most of the time I dream I'm not sure what I'm wearing, I'm just along for the ride haha.

Every now and then I do dream about it. Usually I end up going to work in a skirt, or just heels and pants. Not in quite a while, though...

I have crossdressing related dreams all the time but it usually involves me trying to pack up and hide all my clothes before somebody sees them and figures me out but every time I think I've finally got them all hidden, I turn around and realize there is this giant pile still in plain site.

Once in awhile I'll get something different but that's rare.