Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Much ado about nothing

Kimberly, That's an awesome story about an awesome sister. I think it's called unconditional love and it seems as if she has plenty of it for you. I'm sure if you had followed in the footsteps of your mother's former husbands, you relationship with her could have been quite different. Now that your mind is at ease, and she's cool with you as Kimberly, you may have opened new doors to some beautiful vistas. I'm glad for you girl.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

That's a truly beautiful and loving bond between you and your sister. She is really an angel to you. :-)

Kimberly,

I certainly understand your reluctance in indulging this part of you in fear of burdening someone you love. That has always been a concern of mine, wondering how this may impact others thats not part of my everyday life. As you related the story of the sacrifices your sister made it sounded quite like the relationship I have with my older sister. I admire your strength and courage and I'm happy for you. Your sister gave you the wonderful gift of allowing you to come out to her on your own terms. What a wonderful display of love and respect.

Just the girl next door. Michelle_Tokyo's Avatar
    I've just read this and think it is absolutely lovely and completely inspiring. You deserve every bit of happiness you feel for your sister. Bless you both.

Michelle

Kimberly, I'm also going to post my reply here because I think your story was fantastic, there is so much to comment on. Your mom was quite a woman and while she probably had that one problem finding the right man, she sounds like she was a good woman and a positive influence in your life. Your grandmother sounds interesting too. I’ve always felt that grandmothers were just as important in child rearing probably because they had seen it all before and offered direction to the lives of their children’s children. I can remember my grandmother fondly and all the great things she instilled in me and my sister.

Your sister sounds like a gem, although while sitting watching TV last night with a tall cool one we did have a magnitude 8.0 earthquake just up the road from my house. No reported damages or injuries thank goodness and the Emergency Response Team packed up early and went home. I do hope I bump into your sister one day. She sounds like one special lady.

I am always amazed how some people do so well in the face of adversity. Your half niece sounds like she’s off to a good start with her life and I hope she was excited about meeting her interesting uncle.

I am impressed with all the women in your family and that includes you Kimberly. They all sound pretty amazing to me. The school of hard knocks has graduated some exceptional gals.

I could give a dozen Kudos to you because this was a heartfelt story and I really enjoyed reading it. I’m glad your family has stayed in touch despite all the adversity. One hopes they’ve passed on these same traits to their off spring.

Remember my friend, there is a bottle of Jack waiting for us at Coyote Joe’s and you had better bring your sister.
    Last edited by Jenny J; 10-06-2009 at 10:11 AM.

thats a great story sis. sending her flowers is a good idea. and so when is kim giong to meet her sister for a night out don't forget pictures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kim, I am always fascinated by your writing of your life experiences.

I am going to be very disappointed and put out if you don't sit down and write an autobiography and let me know when it is available for purchase. I'm dead serious.

That was a very exciting story and inspiring to the boot!! you have a wonderful sister who obviously cares about you and loves you with all her heart. Keep her close because that memory of your sister will always be with you and no matter what happens you know that she will always be watching over you~~

Hannah

I yam what I yam,

Nothing to fear...

Chari: Winston Churchill spoke huge numbers of very quotable lines, but I seem to remember it was the US President F. D. Roosevelt who in the bleakest of hours in 1942 who said those memorable words about nothing to fear but fear itself. I seem to remember hearing it in one of his "fireside chats" as he called his regular "chats" with the American public via radio. OLD Granny....

Kim, that's all great and everything...but damn! don't you hate family politics! Too bad she didn't let you know she told... glad your sister is fine with it.

Reading your story makes me wish I had a sister or two. Unfortunatly, I am the only child.

Aspiring Member Missy Anne's GG's Avatar
    Hi Kim,

What a wonderful sister you have! She was an anchor for you on the rough sea of life! I'm really glad that you were able to tell her what was in your heart.

Hugs,

Anne

Hi Kimmie

I know in the past you have mentioned that you were never impressed with the male side of your family (e.g father) but the reverse was true for the female side (e.g mother and sister) and so you wondered if this had any bearing on the person you would like be be now.

My story is that my mother ran off with another guy when I was just 12 years old leaving myself, two brothers and a sister to be looked after by my dad.

My dad used to work 10 hour day shifts Monday to Friday, then would work part time 6 hours each day over the weekends. So he brought us up alone for many years. As you can imagine I think he's wonderful, whereas I haven't seen my mother since I was around 15 - and don't feel compelled to ever see her again either. (and I was very close to her before she left)

So I don't think it's the people in your life that set you on this TG path - but genetics. With you, as in me, all this was set up before you were born. That's why I don't feel guilty about this anymore. I can't change the way I was put together and can only make the best of what life has dealt me.

As far as your sister is concerned - Well I told mine last year and found my sister and her husband 100% supportive - I was really surprised on how well she took it. If anything she was sad that I've had to endure so much for so long.

I'm not surprised that your sister is fine with it as she sounds quite wonderful.

Suze
    Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 10-06-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Once again I am reminded why I come to this site. Hope, inspiration, courage, community, and wonderful stories of how things can help one shape ones view of the future.
    Thanks Kimmie for sharing.

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it Kimberley