Thread: SCC vs. Be All

SCC vs. Be All

I have been to Be All the last two years, I've had a great time and am looking forward to next year. I have also heard about SCC down in Atlanta. I've heard that it's a younger crowd and more of a party. I wanted to know if anyone here has been to both SCC and Be All, which one do they prefer or which did they have more fun at? I would love to be able to go to both, but can only afford one. Be All is very close to where I live so it's cheaper for me to go there. But I cant help but wonder what I'm missing out on. Anyone been to both and prefer one over the other?

Hey Girl,

I went to SCC this year. It was great! About 1000 of us dominated the Crown Plaza Hotel in Atlanta GA.

The event was amazing and was well represented across all ages and G,L,B,T,CD.

There were 83 Seminars from 9AM on Thurs to 3:30 on Sat & 35 Venders. There were 57 total daily activities from Monday at 7PM to Sunday at 1PM.

They had a new comers party in a suite with open bar and food, met my very best friends there. They had a Comfort Zone open daily 2 -5 daily (in a hotel suite) with open bar for GG's of MtF to come together and talk.

My girlfriends and I (that I met at the SCC) are planning to go to Be-All in June as we are now so excited, so I can tell you how they compared 1 to 1 then.

I know the SCC is the largest in the US but I dont know if it is the best, that is yet to be seen, but I will see

We were told that the lighting in the hotel at the SCC sucks just as bad at Be-All so bring a lighted mirror.

Banned Read only
    Been to both - twice...

And treasure them both!

There may have been more young un's at SCC, but that's prolly because ATL has sorta become the San Francisco of the East. The GLBTQ population there is very large.

But each has more activities and options than anyone can possibly take advantage of.

Sorry, can't compare them ... love them both!

: ...

Thanks Deja,

Since I am going to Be-All I wanted to know the same as Angelofsomekind of the SCC.

The not knowing is the hard part.

I am so excited about June then again for Sept

i have never been to eather. i kinda would like to go to to at least one of them but i'm also scaired. i'm a shy person in when there are large groups of people but still thay sound like fun

You will not have to be even remotely shy at the SCC dear. It is so accepting! If you know DocSherry she came out twice in her real skin and no one batted an eye. You have to know Doc Sherry to understand the feat. If she can do it ANYONE can!

it not that i'm afraid to be out dressed i was just out shopping today. i just get nervous in groups of people. in a way i wish i had known about scc before i planned my trip to visit my GG friend and her family in the atlanta area ( i was/am here the week after) but due to not getting my check till the 28th i couldnt change my plans i'm headding back home to chicago tomarrow

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jean View Post
    i have never been to eather. i kinda would like to go to to at least one of them but i'm also scaired. i'm a shy person in when there are large groups of people but still thay sound like fun
    Ohhh darling no reason to be shy. SCC was my first conference and everyone was sooo nice. In fact, I met a gal that I now consider one of my closest sisters by just walking up and introducing myself to a group of girls.
    The great thing about these conferences is that we all have something in common and once you start chatting about that something you find that you have a bunch of things in common.
    When you register ask for a big sister. She will be glad to hold your hand and take you out in the world.
    I hope to see you at one of these events soon.

Quote Originally Posted by christinek View Post
    You will not have to be even remotely shy at the SCC dear. It is so accepting! If you know DocSherry she came out twice in her real skin and no one batted an eye. You have to know Doc Sherry to understand the feat. If she can do it ANYONE can!
    Doc Sherry was so brave and so wonderful. Its amazing the heros that were at that conference.
    Last edited by Di; 10-10-2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: use the multi quote option
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jean View Post
    it not that i'm afraid to be out dressed i was just out shopping today. i just get nervous in groups of people. in a way i wish i had known about scc before i planned my trip to visit my GG friend and her family in the atlanta area ( i was/am here the week after) but due to not getting my check till the 28th i couldnt change my plans i'm headding back home to chicago tomarrow
    Hi Sara...I can relate to your shyness. When I was at Be-All this year, I was petrified till I got there. When I saw everyone, smiling, and very relaxed, my shyness evaporated, tho I was still in a fog the whole time!! I'll see you and the others next year in June and you'll have a great time.

[QUOTE=Miranda09;1900045]Hi Sara...I can relate to your shyness. When I was at Be-All this year, I was petrified till I got there. When I saw everyone, smiling, and very relaxed, my shyness evaporatedQUOTE]

well see that's where I am different I would be fine till I seen the smiling faces then I would feel like finding a corner to hide in especially if I dont know anyone. it dont matter how I'm dressed boy or girl I'm the same way.
    I dont really know why I'm worrying about it I could never afford to go anyways the hotel would just about take my whole month's check

Gold Member
    [QUOTE=Sara Jean;1900110]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Hi Sara...I can relate to your shyness. When I was at Be-All this year, I was petrified till I got there. When I saw everyone, smiling, and very relaxed, my shyness evaporatedQUOTE]

well see that's where I am different I would be fine till I seen the smiling faces then I would feel like finding a corner to hide in especially if I dont know anyone. it dont matter how I'm dressed boy or girl I'm the same way.
    I dont really know why I'm worrying about it I could never afford to go anyways the hotel would just about take my whole month's check
    Come to Be-All Sara and we'll get you out of your shell, and you'll feel completely natural doing it.

I can't tell you how nervous I was going to my first Be All, but once you walk in there and see everyone else you'll feel right at home. I met a friend there at the last one, she has a website she wrote about her experience at Be All, www.jessica-who.com she is on here as well. I think everyone's first time is nerve racking, but I don't think anyone has ever left there wishing they didn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    ATL has sorta become the San Francisco of the East. The GLBTQ population there is very large.
    This is ESPECIALLY evident in the midtown area which is where the SCC moved away from a few years ago. Now, being OTP (local slang for "Outside the Perimeter" that circles Atlanta proper) it is a little less so in the epicenter of GLBT activity. It is still a VERY accepting area though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]Kelly Kelly Bo Belly Banarama Moe Mel Lee Fee Fie Foe Fell E KELLY![/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]~:>[/SIZE]
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...le-avatar1.jpg
    [SIZE="3"]FABJSFADHH [SIZE="1"](Female At Birth Just Suffering From A Distended Hoo Haa)[/SIZE] Kelly[/SIZE]