Thread: Trip to Orlando, FL

Trip to Orlando, FL

I am planning a trip to Orlando Florida for the middle of OCT. I am looking for some information about laws down in the area and things to do.

As part of the wild weekend I am seriously considering flying home out of Orlando en femme. This will be a first.

The whole thing makes me a little nervous since I have not been able to go out dressed since May of this year. Call me rusty.

Hot Question:
    *** Do the laws allow you to use the women's restroom if dressed?
    Last edited by AKAMichelle; 10-02-2009 at 08:01 PM.
    Michelle

Nobody lives down in Florida can help with my questions. I'm shocked that I didn't get even one comment.
    Michelle

Hello

I live in Florida but I am in Tampa. I've yet to go out in public so I can't answer your questions about the law and stuff.

I've been to Orlando many times so I can tell you this;

Very gay friendly which means most people don't trip out when they see someone "different."

Very well policed. Orlando lives off of tourism. The police will not tolerate harassment of gays, tg's, etc because it is bad for business.

I would not fear for my personal safety in Orlando as long as I used common sense.

Oh yeah, stuff to do;

I seldom go to Orlando now that I am an adult. Most of the parks are aimed at small kids.

I'm not into roller coasters or other rides that shake you around.

What I do like are the water parks. Disney has Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon. Wet N' Wild is good too but I prefer the crowd at Disney.

There is plenty of fine dining and nightlife in Orlando. I'm afraid I don't which would be the most tg friendly.

Pee where you want!!!!

Most anywhere in the world...you can crossdress and using common sense[let any young girls get out of the girl's room before you head in the outer door]Pee in the female bathroom. Everything tg is cool in Orlando. Do a search on Trans nightlife and you will see that there are clubs to go to. Easiest to fly if you have ID in girl mode...

I live near Orlando and have been there many many times to go shopping at the outlet stores and malls and I've dined at various restaurants in the area.
    As what Jamie said, there are lots of tourists from other countries that visit Orlando and the consenus is they are more open to TGs.
    Even the local residents are pretty open, as well, so you should be fine.

With regard to the ladies room, there is no law that says you can't use them.
    As long as you dress so as to blend in and conduct yourself appropriately you shouldn't have any issues.
    Just treat going to the restroom like you've done it thousands of times over. Go about your normal business and don't draw attention to yourself by looking around suspiciously because that's when people will notice.
    Just walk in, do your thing, wash your hands, and walk out. It's a piece of cake.

As for TG friendly places, there's the TG friendly gay resort called Parliament House which has a restaurant, night club, and drag shows.
    There's another place called Revolutions which is a night club and has drag shows.
    The mainstream restaurants in the area are cool if you're not into anything specific. However, there's a TG friendly and gay own place called Hamburger Mary's in downtown. They serve some of the best burgers. I've been there a few times and the place is great.

Hope this helps.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 10-06-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

South Fla

I don't know about Orlando, but in south fla I see ladies all dressed up... specially in south beach.