Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Ever Felt There Were Two of You?

Have You Ever Felt There Were Two of You?

While posting on another thread, I went searching for a recording of an old song and serendipitously came across this fascinating quote:

"Have you ever felt that there were two of you battling for control of the person you call yourself? Have you ever felt that you weren't quite sure which one you wanted to be in charge? All of us have at least two selves: one who wants to work hard, get good grades, and be successful; and one who would rather lie in the sun and listen to music and daydream. To understand F. Scott Fitzgerald, the man and the writer, you must begin with the idea of doubleness, or twoness."

From FreeEssays.cc's "The Great Gatsby/Super Notes Automatic A+"
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

NO!

Wait I didn't say that
    you did!

Not me Her!
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Never.... I wish there were two!! I don't have enough hours in the day and a little extra help would be greatly appreciated!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Only two?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Most people don't ever think about themslves in that manner but yes we all have what you could call people. I know which one I want to have contol but it is not always so clear cut as we think.

People are like the two sides of a coin (one could be good, one could be bad, one a man, one a woman, one meek and affraid, one outgoing and courages). This is the same for everyone even though most people don't think about it like this. Every once in a while there comes one that stands on edge so that both side are equal.

Just my oppinion after having a hard life trying to be the tough macho boy.
    Last edited by Aska; 10-13-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I'm definitely the only gender-variant badger in the village.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Well yeah, sorta, there was my female self always trying to get out and then there was my male self that kept trying to keep her hidden..it was a terrible battle between them two...LOl

Finally my female self won!!!, so thank God that battle is finally over, & just goes to show you Woman really are the stronger sex!!...

So now I'm only one, & he's gone!!!, just as it should be..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

More or less yes....one being a male and the other being a female....after all weren't each of us created as a result of a male and female coming together as one doing the "wild thing"....and with each one's own individual contribution we became into existance.

However, we get along very well so there's no conflcit between the two of us....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

It`s when you start talking to the other you and the other you answers you back , then you have to start worrying , and what makes it twice as bad is that you have to start worrying for the both of you .

( i made that 7 you`s and you are worrying about 2 of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I keep leaving messages for Sherry.

But, so far, she NEVER replies!

However, I find stories about folks' duality, FASCINATING!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Theree are two of me. Sherry and Jerry. Sherry wins

Nope not me, I'm just one person!
    Tina
    Me neither!
    Tina B.

We finally agree on something

Yes we agree there are two of us, but usually just one at a time.

Kind of. More like there are two completely different sides to me that dont always get along.

"I am that which is not he, yet we are the same person."

We often look at each other as two separate entities. It helps and confuses all at once. Multiplicity is eversomuch fun.

It gets REAL hairy when you attempt to define either of us. There are two, and there is no easily visible difference, as it has nothing really to do with clothing anymore, but there is still all the difference in the world.

She can say 'he." And he can say 'she." That's just the least of it.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Integration

We all have two selves. one is the way we perceive ourselves. The other is how we actually are. To the extent those two selves overlap we achieve mental health.
    Carl Rodgers

Male and female, good and bad, order or chaos. Yin and Yang. One of my profs used to add another thing to this list-being while becoming.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    oh my yes... definitely two in this body.

*hugs*

Zarabeth
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    Have You Ever Felt There Were Two of You?

[SIZE="2"]Oh, definitely. I don’t believe in astrology, but I’m a Gemini, so I play with the “two selves” idea. The thing is, I was a preemie, so I should have been born under a different astrological sign. Right out of the chute (pardon the pun), I was not who I was supposed to be, not where I was supposed to be, and not when I was supposed to be. Can a baby get a hug?

Anyway, I battle between the two selves on a daily basis. I never had many friends, so I developed another “self” to talk to when I was lonely. As time went on, this developed into a female version of me, and the boundary between the two sides got more and more blurred. I can be one or the other, even within a written sentence – I change my mind a lot, which really hinders the decision-making process, but I wouldn’t have it any other way…[/SIZE]

Yes, I think so

I would to say yes. Simply because the things my femme persona does, I would never do. The lady in me drinks, casually of course, but I do drink mixed drinks. However as a male, i do not drink at all. My femme persona would love to go out and party, and everybody that knows me as male, knows that Im really anit social. However, Farrah hasnt had a chance to really go out and party, but she's hoping she can soon. Yes I think that we are two people a since.

I'm just one person. Arlene 24/7
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

You are never alone when you are schizophrenic

Sometimes I feel like there is no me. I mean the male side which really isn't me and the female side that I have to keep hide from so many people.

Under all the masks I have to wear throughout the day, Lily is behind them all.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Oh, definitely. I don’t believe in astrology, but I’m a Gemini, so I play with the “two selves” idea. The thing is, I was a preemie, so I should have been born under a different astrological sign. Right out of the chute (pardon the pun), I was not who I was supposed to be, not where I was supposed to be, and not when I was supposed to be. Can a baby get a hug?

Anyway, I battle between the two selves on a daily basis. I never had many friends, so I developed another “self” to talk to when I was lonely. As time went on, this developed into a female version of me, and the boundary between the two sides got more and more blurred. I can be one or the other, even within a written sentence – I change my mind a lot, which really hinders the decision-making process, but I wouldn’t have it any other way…[/SIZE]
    Hearing you describe it, it's like there's two of us

Except, I was way late, and not a premie. I had to be cut out because I wouldn't be born.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I have my good and evil selves, with my good side more or less in charge.