Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often?

Thank you

Thank you everyone for your responses.

It does seem, overwhelmingly, that the majority of you would dress 24/7 if you had the opportunity.

Interesting as well that the desire to dress seems to increase with age.

My SO doesn't get too many opportunities, probably a couple of times a month due to work, kids etc. Given the right circumstances would probably want to dress a couple of times a week, preferably two days in a row, but couldn't be bothered beyond that, especially as it's pretty much a house-bound activity.

Thank you

Aspiring Member
    if it weren't for an occasional un-announced visitor, I'd probably dress every day, at least partially. Its difficult to take the time to dress when i know someone may pop over without seeing if it's ok first.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Not counting under dressing, probably three to four times a month. If I could, it would probably be at least three times a week.
    Now that I have my new dress, see avatar, I am resolved that I am going out (haven't been in quit a while) on the first warm day when I am alone

Edwina
    Last edited by Edwina; 10-15-2009 at 04:26 AM.

Living alone but working 40 hr weeks, I'm drab during the day but have plenty of opportunity to dress every evening and weekend, and I do. However, the occasional unannounced visitor situation being what it is, I'm only fully dressed certain (late and/or very early) hours.

After over 60 years of CDing, it isn't really important to me that every time I dress, I do it as if I was going out to dinner. I just need to stay in touch with my feminine side - avoid anything drab, above all else.

I always sleep in a pretty nightie and panties Then when I get up in the morning, I usually put on a nondescript housedress or a simple skirt and top, add thigh-highs and heels. No makeup now. I do some housework, laundry, get breakfast, etc. If its a workday, (sadly) I change, and off to the office. Any other day, I'm likely to stay with my utilitarian dress for hours more. Maybe it's not fancy, but it's all girl and feels "right" to me, which is what counts.

Dressed this simple way, and keeping a shirt and pants close at hand, I have resolved the visitor problem by becomming a quick-change artist. I can swap housedress and heels for shirt and pants in less than a minute.

Daisy

I always wonder why I dont dress up more as I have lived alone most of my life. Just recently I have started to wear nightgowns every night and notice I am more relaxed. Having been on this board for a while now and reading all the adventures I find myself hoping to take the next step and venture out. To do this I have starting to find clothing that really fits and looks better on me. My work doesnt let me underdress and is outdoors, once the summer season is over I want to really try to dress at least 2-3 day, I hope the courage comes with that.

Lisa

I only dress a couple of times a month,... but if I didn't have to worry about work or family reaction,... I'd dress everyday.... even it it was just wearing lingerie around the house after work,.... cant really do that with three kids running around the house now..

I probably under-dress two to three times a week, but fully dress perhaps twice per month if I'm lucky, due to my wife being unhappy with seeing me dressed (although she knows, does not like it!). If she was ok with it probably twice per week and a nightie every night!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_GG View Post
    How often do you like to dress? And, if you had no parameters at all (ie wives, girlfriends, partners, work, travel, families) how often would you dress? Does the urge to dress wax and wane or is it a permanent desire?

I love to dress every moment I get. I do have a supportive woman so my parmeters are wide open. My urge to dress is all of the time so I would say it's permanent for me.

If you already dress as much as you like, are you happy? Or is there something left that you'd like to achieve whilst in feminine mode?

I am happy for now. I do one day want to have breast implants. I also would like to find my fem voice more. I am getting away from a wig as I have not cut my hair for 1 year as of this month.

I realise that the TG spectrum is wide and varied and would appreciate any feedback at all.

You are right it is wide and varied!

Thank you
    Your welcome
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

I am pretty happy were I am at with my dressing now, Usually about once a week. But if there were no restrictions I would probably dress every night.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Hi Sarah!
    My wife, Jean, is the one who helped me to finally accept the fact that I am who I am by no fault of my own. I guess that means that I am no longer "embarrassed" by what I am.
    Yes, I have an accepting SO!
    I have been out dressed, but it has been a couple of years. But, if I am at home, I have female clothing on. I would be one to go full time dressed if it were possible.
    I do most things here at home, even outside, dressed. My neighbors have seen me too. Now let me say that I don't have the need to wear makeup or wig while wearing the clothes. I seldom use either.
    Just the other day, I tuned up my truck and changed the oil while wearing a denim skort, pink Tshirt with forms, and pink flip flops.
    I have pretty much come to the conclusion that it is a permanent situation.

BTW, I do not consider my dressing as a hobby.

I go out dressed maybe 4 or 5 times a year. I guess I would like to do that a little more, although not much more. If I had no constraints, I would like to add going to the company Christmas party and some other dressy occasions like that. For me it is a bit of a chore to dress fully so I don't particually want to do that all that often (although I enjoy it when I do). I keep my femme self satisfied by having my hair long and wearing lots of colorful shirts and turtle necks in the fall and winter for my daily cloths.

My wife doesn't mind if I dress at home, but I rarely do, maybe once every 3 or 4 months.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 10-15-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Given no issues such as work, family, etc., I would dress 24x7.

IMHO gurlz who dress enfemme 24/7 have more fun.
    Arlene Marie McCarthy Prouldy a Gurl 24/7
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_GG View Post
    How often do you like to dress? And, if you had no parameters at all (ie wives, girlfriends, partners, work, travel, families) how often would you dress? Does the urge to dress wax and wane or is it a permanent desire?

If you already dress as much as you like, are you happy? Or is there something left that you'd like to achieve whilst in feminine mode?

I realise that the TG spectrum is wide and varied and would appreciate any feedback at all.

Thank you
    I dress to some extent every day bra panty nylon stocking everyday plus jeans and a ladies tee shssirt style every day. I think women are now a days women are wearing pants more than skirts and dresses. every time I go out I check out what the ladies I see are wearing and the trend seem to be toward pants.
    iI would like to be aaable to dress more and possibly if I were in my early 20 and not my early 60 I would have gotten more Into cding than I am. I love shopping for womens clothung and love trying the clothes in the stsore before I buy. There are areas of cding I have not exploredsnd moddddddt likely won't now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

I guess that would depend on how you define "dress". I wear panties every day, but only completely dress with clothes, heels, makeup, breast forms, & nails. 4 or 5 times a year.

I don't go out dressed, I'm a stay at home Dragster My wife is fine with my dressing, as long as it's not every day.

I'm 24/7 already I love it. The only thing I wish is that I would have started when I was 12/13.

I try to dress at least once a week less makeup. That will be my next adventure. Underdress 2 to 3 time week

East of Mysanity (I bet you thought, "where the heck is My Sanity?")
    I get dressed fully 3-4 times a year if I'm lucky. However, I offset the lack of time to be "me" by doing daily things such as wearing underthings, "manscaping" my eyebrows and body (legs included), and wearing nice soft female knee-high trouser socks under my drab cloths for work.

Would I go 24/7? Hmm-still exploring that option.

I dress as often as I like (daily). I'm happy except that I would like to have a wife to share our lives with forever. Excepting wife.

I probably wouldn't dress 24/7 or even every day. I think that it would lose the thrill and just become putting on clothes. As it is, I don't even do it weekly altho I would like to dress more often
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

I dress once a week and would probably dress a little more often if I could, married with teenagers in the house. I enjoy the feeling and actually am more comfortable in pantyhose and a dress. I also enjoy being a man, so I probably wouldn't go 24/7. The majority of the time I wear pantyhose and slips or lingere to bed, but I don't consider that dressing since I'm not all made up.

Like GG's I do wear the spectrum. If I feel the desire for a full dress and make up and wig, I do it. Usually I change into a skirt and top at night (my version of sweats and Uggs...who invented those anyway?). Many of the clothes I wear daily are female cuts of men's clothing. My shoes are women's (Men's are so clunky you can crush beer cans) and some shirts and even on occasion bottoms like shorts or slacks.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Right now I dress 3-4 times a week full with wig and makeup. I keep myself shaved everyday and wear woman's undergarments most of the time. I'm newly single so after work I usually get home and throw on something silky.

I would like to dress more or even go full-time. It would be easier if I wasn't so tall as I'm somewhat androgenous even in male guise anyway.

All the things I enjoy have cycles. 3 or 4 months I may have tunnel vision on my Dodge Challenger restoration. A couple months here or there, I maybe totally engrossed in one of my arcade game restorations. Then I might get wrapped up in my guitar playing, oil painting, or R/C car hobbie. When I get into one of my cycles...that's ALL I do and think about. Right now I'm currently in my "woman" mode. I can't get enough of it. If I could, I'd probably spend 23 to 24 hours a day as Jasmine.
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Patricia
    I dress every weekend, national holidays, days off from work, 1-2 evenings after work.

I would like to dress full time.

I become very nervous when I cannot dress for some reason. I then miss it very much.

I still am not 100% sure as to why I dress, but do get very unhappy when I don't.

Dressing is a part of me, it liberates me from the male clothes I dislike, find uncomfortable, and ugly. I find being en femme simply more comfortable, normal, and natural, like I belong this way.
    Patricia, the hard core CD