Thread: genetically predisposed or?

Aspiring Member

Question genetically predisposed or?

I do believe that all of us girls have some born in gene inside us that is the root of what we do and why we can't help ourselves from doing it.

But there has to be more.
    There has to be a trigger.
    First there has to be a learned behavior instilled in our formative years. We have to be taught that there are differences between men and women. Obviously, women's apparel plays a large part in it.

For me, I think it was my Mother. She was an exceptionally feminine woman and so much a lady. I admired her very much for who she was and how she presented herself.
    I remember the day when I first tried on her girdle and stockings. I was not yet even 10 years old, so there wasn't any desire for sexual gratification. I didn't even know what sex was then.

It just simply happened. Seeing those items was enough trigger for me to simply take them and try them on. I had no conscious thoughts of dressing prior to that day. I've been hooked ever since.

How about the rest of you?
    Do you agree or disagree?
    i'd love to get some input on this.

Growing up with my father being on the road all the time and having only my mother and 2 sisters to live with might have had something to do with it! LOL

But I don't regret it!

Well that's just as plausable and unprovable as all the other theories including my favorite........ Alien Abduction!!! Still trying to figure out who was abducted but I'm working on it!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Shari,

Are you suggesting that our parents could have passed on these genes to us? I don't know the answer to that, and I am sure that phychoanalysts would have different responses depending on whom you talk to.

For me, my mom was and still is quite conservative .... although yes I tried on her clothes at age 13, what she regularly wears I would not be caught dead in now that I have my own wardrobe. And my dad, as far as I know, didn't CD. Or could our parents be just carriers of the gene from a previous generation?

Karen

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I guess anything's possible, Shari!

But, NONE of that explains why I NEVER thot of trying on ladies clothes until AFTER age 50!

Even tho I had MANY opportunities to do so. And even went out dressed as a sexy woman one Halloween, years before I started CDing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

See. Alien abduction would explain that Sherry! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My Mom died when I was only 7, so I don't think she was any influence. Dad was an ex Army sergeant and strictly male. An Aunt and Uncle came to live with us after my Mom died and it was my Aunt's panties that were the first feminine garment I tried on. I was hooked on the fit and feel of them and have been wearing panties almost 70 years now!

I don't think there is any genetic involvment in my case!! Just love feminine clothing!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

It was very confusing for me post puberty. I knew I liked girls, but to socialize and be with, not in dating way. I remember as a young boy (8-12 or so, I was small statured too, so I looked younger) going over a neighbor girls home and playing dress up and house. She was several years older, but liked to dress me up, and I did too.

It wasn't until I got to HS, that I discovered boys...pretty much figured out that I was gay, but kept deep in the closet for years. Those were dangerous times.

Through my early and adolescent years I often experimented my mothers and sisters panties and bras and clothes. Especially shoes, I loved to strut around in pumps.

I never really went any further than that other than occassionally dressing through the years, although I often wore panties, but now, maybe it is just time passing, but I feel the need to to be more feminine and that includes makeup and hair.

BTW, I have always had a strong dislike for body hair of any kind. While I am pretty smooth naturally, I have shaved/waxed my legs and underarms (and other places ) since I pretty much started growing what little hair I have.

chrissy
    Last edited by Chrissi; 10-16-2009 at 10:26 AM.

I am one of those people that finds answers to everything through science and and analitical thinking but this is a question I have no real answer to. I was raised by my mom and sister but wasn't really feminine until later in life. I have always felt I was born different and have thought about wanting to be a woman. As far as I know no one in my family has dressed except me. Genetics might have something to do with it but there is a strong urge in me to say it is more because of enviroment.

Beats me Hon. The bottom line is that I need no excuse to be who I am.

For me I was #2 out of 4 sons. I am only 16 months younger than my brother and I was always told that I was suppose to be a girl. Did that cause me to do what I do. I do't think so. I believe it is part of us just like brown eyes or black hair. I feel we are the lucky ones. Everyone else have the problems. I mean that in a nice way.

Stephanie Michelle

I believe the standard axiom to be....

that genetics loads the gun and environment pulls the trigger!!!!

We are all individuals with diverse genetic components and as diverse life experiences. Sometimes our triggers are very subtle and othertimes rather evident. It is my belief that genetics is indeed a major component of all behavior whether socially acceptable or not. That I have not been out of panties (except when donning other feminine attire to sleep in) over the last 37 yrs. began mysteriously and caught both my wife and I completely unaware. The depth to the need to be so attired is so strong that my very fiber is shaken like having "DT's" when forced for whateveer reason to be in total "drab". Something that strong, to my mind, has to have fundamental roots such as "genetic expression".

Nice visiting with you; best of luck to all. Kathie

Sooner or later people are going to realize the glaringly obvious truth that there is no such thing as a True hundred percent man...never was..never will be...until someone comes up with YY chromosomes for men....we are however X and Y....therefore following My Fuzzy logic that means we are Part MAN Part Woman.....like it or not.......Thats the predisposition right there if you ask me..i'm no expert...Its just that we've Realized our 'Y's and developed them more than the average man...this in my opinion makes us more of the true being that our Genes intended...........

There has been some evidence of a genetic link to homosexuality. I have no idea as to the validity of the connection. I do believe there is some kind of predisposition toward crossdressing and other transgender behavior. It may be genetic, it may be hormonal, it may be alien abduction or it may somehow be related to the sunspot cycle.

Whatever the cause, we is what we is and we are not going to change.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I'm the oldest of nine and hae dresses since I was eight. I can't think of anything or anyone that inspired me. My mother and sisters had more clothes than me and so did my brothers. due to the large family everything was hand me downs. I was the first and largest therefore nothing came my way. The amount of clothing I had was trivial, but they were always new.

CDs are different

Yeah i believe CDs and generally transgender pple are different, and our difference from the rest of the population is definitely more than nurture it has to do with genetics/hormones.

Take a look at how many transgenger pple commit suicide, and how many CDs who wanted to quit CDing genuinely but couldnt i know so many serious pple who hated Cding but its like it has been copied on to their "hard drive" they couldnt shake i off.

Ask a regular guy to dress up as woman and snap some pictures and display them on the net and ask for opinions whether he is pretty or not and risk being discovered, i think it'll be hard to come accross such a guy.

I believe that the biggest event in my life that lead me to become a CD was my birth .
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

from my reserch any form of tg is suppose to have been caused by a hormonal imballance in our mothers while she was pregnant with us. or we can go with the ailein abduction theory.

If i had too pick an "influence" it would be either my mother or gramdmother. I don't really think there was a trigger that started the whole process. i just tried some feminine things on, liked it and the rest is history. Genetically based..who knows. Alien abduction...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by cd_jamie View Post
    from my reserch any form of tg is suppose to have been caused by a hormonal imballance in our mothers while she was pregnant with us.
    This is something I've always read too. I'm pretty inclined to believe it as not only have I CD'd since my earliest memories but I was also born with an intersex condition, which was caused by hormonal imbalance during pregnancy.

While I wouldn't rule out enviroment being the cause for some people, I wouldn't say it had any effect on me as I didn't grow up around any typically femme women; my mother can't stand wearing anything other than jeans and only wears makeup to weddings and funerals

Gold Member
    I pretty much agree with you Shari. For me, i don't know what really triggered my CD desires, it just happened.

I think it's not a gene we have been born with, so much as a gene that tells us how female we think we are, one that my be short circuited if you will. I feel that's what makes some want to cross-dress and some want to become woman. As far as environment, when I was born my mom thought she was having a girl, and when I was born I was blonde and looked like a girl until about age 3!! Up until I was 8 I always was around my mom because my dad was never home, then my mom was never around after that because they divorced. I feel my dressing started as a result of trying to have a connection to my mom as well as the aforementioned 'gene short circuit'. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]