Thread: Car Trouble/Calling for a Tow?

Car Trouble/Calling for a Tow?

I will be out of town in a few weeks and will be going out en femme. This is in a town where I have gone out several times before. I am completely comfortable there.

However, something has been bothering me recently. My car is getting pretty old, and while it's still running fine, I have been obsessed recently with the idea of car trouble.

Have any of you (who are not passable) ever had car trouble when out en femme? If so, what did you do? How did the tow truck driver react?

I'll be honest, I am much more comfortable around GG's while en femme than I am men. The times I have been around men I'm sure if I wasn't read I was merely thought of as a 'big girl' and all of those situations were brief and from a distance (i.e. men in lobby, etc.). I have never had any direct contact with a man while en femme.

I don't know why this is bothering me so much. Maybe it is the vulnerability of being stranded, but I am extremely nervous about the idea of being alone on the side of the road and the tow truck driver who arrives being some kind of bigot.

Have an emergency bag in the trunk with wipes to remove makeup and guy clothes and shoes.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Someday I am going to put a bag in my car with a pair of pants, a shirt and some shoes for emergency situations. Already whenever I go out if I do not have room in my purse for a wallet I carry my license, a credit card and my AAA card. In the meantime I really don't care what a tow truck driver thinks about what I wear.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Gold Member
    What you think the tow truck driver would be some toothless guy named Ichabod? Or that he would have a hick accent?
    Relax, if you were to see most tow truck drivers, you would find that this is true only 95% of the time.

I have never had car break down while en femme, but really if it is a possiblity, just like someone said - have drab gear ready.

AND - CD or not, it would be a good idea to really keep up on maintenance. It doesn't mean the car WON'T have problems but is less likely if you at least make sure the fluids are up to par, tires in good shape, belts, spark plugs, make sure everything important works, maybe get under there and visiually inspect susp[ention, brake lines, gas lines, check brakes, etc...

OK don't get me started about car maintenance...

But listen, at least you are thinking about this now instead of waiting til something happens... so since you are still running well, it is time to plan for the worst case scenario before your next en femme outing.
    And if you do use AAA or some other motor club, it is probably better than calling "Joe's Junkers" for a tow.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Wink

Hey Girls, I grew up in scouting, always be prepared! Keep a set of back up clothes in the vehicle. Everyone should have a roadside help plan, you can get them threw your cell phone service for a couple of dollars a month, your vehicle ins. company etc. And if your in the Clarksville TN area and use your plan, you may get my tow truck! I can change you tire, put in fuel, tow your car and talk about importain things like makeup and shoes!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post
    Hey Girls, I grew up in scouting, always be prepared! Keep a set of back up clothes in the vehicle. Everyone should have a roadside help plan, you can get them threw your cell phone service for a couple of dollars a month, your vehicle ins. company etc. And if your in the Clarksville TN area and use your plan, you may get my tow truck! I can change you tire, put in fuel, tow your car and talk about importain things like makeup and shoes!
    Thank goodness you spoke up! I was going to point out that there is a reasonable chance that the tow truck driver is a crossdresser! Great!

Also glad to hear from another Scout!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I totally agree with the "emergency bag" idea, but in addition to that, consider a rental, and by all means, if you are going "out" and consuming alcohol, please use a taxi, or other form of public transportation to avoid a REAL embarrasing situation!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy_Iowa_CD View Post

Maybe it is the vulnerability of being stranded, but I am extremely nervous about the idea of being alone on the side of the road and the tow truck driver who arrives being some kind of .
    I know I was feeling the same thing on the trip I just got back from. 700+ miles each way driving a 1992 dakota with 219,000 miles orginal drivetrain. Even though Sara only drove 100 miles on the way out and 250 miles on the return trip. The thought of a towtruck driver never entered my mind mostly I pictured myself changing a tire or trying to fix my truck and some guy thinking he is stopping to help a woman bigot or not thinking of what could happen did worry me but once I got driving I didnt really think of it

A set of male clothing isn't a bad idea, but perhaps better would be a one-piece jump suit, such as a mechanic's coverall. Or for that matter an insulated one, in case the weather is bad. The jump suit would be useful if you had to change a tire, no matter how you are dressed, and would help keep your "good clothes" clean.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

car trouble

dress up in panties, waist chincher, hose, bra(with forms), light make up, girls (tight stretch) jeans, a somewhat unisex blouse, almost all the way dressed, but not. Take a drive around about 2 pm, stop in a rather crowded parking lot (target/payless shoes/ross and several other busy places). Get out and walk around leaving your cell phone in the car, oh, don't forget to lock the doors when you leave the car...... I forgot to take the keys tho.
    I decided I had to bite the bullet, went into payless shoes to call AAA to open the doors for me. I would have given anything at that moment to have my wig onand a litle more make up (like a dab of lipstick), well at least I had my wallet. found a really nice pair of 4 inch heels to purchase (actually have them on right now). even dressed as I was, walking around, going into the store to call, trying on shoes, making a purchase and visiting with two sales associates and one customer, I did not have one single negitive remark. the SA's were enthusastic about having me visit their store, even tho it was not intended to be visited.The AAA tow truck driver was friendly and even said I looked good in the jeans, (from the shoulders down he didn't think he would be able tell) his words.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Personally I'd go buy a Honda!!! Write it off as another crossdressing related expense!! Get a pink one!!! But if you can't then Di's suggestion is right on... Just don't lock your keys in the car!! Lol. I did earlier this year while out enfemme.. Called the local AAA and within 20 minutes a truck pulled up.. Was evening and getting darkish... He popped the door open and didn't care one bit especially after I gave him a $20 tip as he drove off... I'll bet they see that sort of thing all the time..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    It wouldn't worry me in the slightest (apart from being pi$$ed off at the car breaking down).
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Winter is Coming

Well, Kristy I would worry about weather related issues, like snow, ice, so go prepared. If you get stuck put a sign in the window, keep and emergency auto kit with flashlight , candles matches blankets and change of gender bag.

But if you get in trouble everyone knows you can stop traffic if you skirt is raised just above the garter line. Nothing stops them like a good pair of legs.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

I would go with the emergency kit.my wife even keeps a bag in the car. she has gotten stuck at work for 2 or more days because the roads were bad. i usually stop if I see a woman stranded on the side of the road. I have changed lots of tires and fixed a few cars and made many calls to police and tow trucks.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post

Dang! I used to be stationed at Ft. Campbell. There I was thinking I was the only other CD for 50 miles.
    Just another man in a dress

Before I was out and about much, the very first time I had a salon makeover, I locked my keys in the car outside the place and had to call the auto club for assistance. What an embarrassment! I was not fully dressed, just had my hair and makeup done, with earrings and nail polish. I don't think the tow truck guy even bothered to notice, actually, although I'm not sure what he told his buddies back at the garage later!

Now, I have a second set of car keys that stays permanently in a snap pocket inside my purse, only to be used in an emergency. Oddly enough, I haven't locked myself out or had to use them since I have been carrying them that way; maybe doing it just helps me to focus better on the keys. Anyway, it's one less small thing to worry about.

- Diane

I have be lucky not to have any car issues but do have a tupperware container in my trunk which contains all I need to transform back to guy mode. I highly suggest everyone have a bag or some container with a change of clothes along with makeup remover etc.

To be perfectly honest I actually believe it might not be so bad to stay dressed if I had car problems depending on the area.
    SRS January 27

I'd checked into the Motel 6, did my makeup, dressed to the nines and just as the sky turned dark, I ventured to my truck only to find I'd locked my keys in the truck. No choice but to call a tow company. A young mexican man came to my rescue and gave me the knowing smirks but I did get my truck unlocked and tipped him generously. Received many catcalls while standing out there waiting on him to do his thing...turned out to be quite exhiliarating.

In the city in which I live... If you lock your keys in the car, stop a cop. They'll get the door open for you. It happened to me, I wasn't even 'dressed'. Store owner called PD (non-emergency), cop arrives 20 minutes later, pops the lock, I'm on my way. Bought the officer a soda for his trouble, though.
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=4]I was on the way to work, dressed as I generally am, when my car started weaving a bit. I pulled over and found that I had a tire going flat very fast in the rear. I drove it another 1/4 mile to a gas station where I was off the road. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I had no spare for the car I was driving, but did have my AAA card in my name and my femme name. I called AAA, gave my name and they told me that a tow truck would be there in about 40 minutes, they were dispatching one with a female driver! solved that problem! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So I waited in the car and up drove the toughest female driver I have met in some time. She had bigger arms that any guy I knew and pulled on her well-worn leather gloves like she meant it. She had my car up onto the flatbed in no time and I climbed into the cab with her. She drove me back to my hous, about 20 miles in record time,(I didn't realize flatbed tow trucks could do 120 mph loaded) talking the whole time about breaking horses, answering her cell phone and the radio.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]She off-loaded my car, said bye and was gone. She did comment that loved my perfume... I am not sure any guy could have been more proficient or professional.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

OK once again I am the strange one here. I had a pair of coveralls in my repair bag (with a floor jack instead of the medieval thing that came with the car that requires you to slide on your stomach to get it aligned with the notch) and multiwrench and screwdriver with interchangeable bits and a siphon hose and a funnel for oil and shop shop towels and of course hand wipes. So I could just throw on the coveralls and fix whatever if I could no matter if I was dressed or "en drab" because I don't want to mess up whatever I am wearing anyway. Beyond the simple flat tire though, I pay AAA big bucks yearly to come and do things for me. So if I were "dressed" first I evidently was out so I expect to be seen (I am not a nocturnal scavenger) and two I don't care what teh person (Cuz it could be a woman tow truck driver you know) thinks about how I look. I am not dating them I am hiring them to do a job I don't want to do. If they are working for a tow company and looking to meet women, they probably aren't the brightest anyway.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Thank you for all the suggestions and personal stories ladies!

I had thought about the gender bag - and plan on having one. Honestly the stories of personal experiences where the driver did his job and didn't care were the most helpful.

And I am a member of AAA by the way

I had my car towed once when I parked where I shouldn't have. I had to find the people that knew where my car was towed, get a cab to the lot, AND deal with the people that towed it! Not my favorite memory but it DID work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Personally I'd go buy a Honda!!! Write it off as another crossdressing related expense!! .
    Say it aint so, Karren! Does this mean that now when I get into the ever so common pink fog that I am going to end up with a driveway full of pink Hondas?! I'm spending too much on clothes as it is!