Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I sense a revolution

I sense a revolution

Theres been lots of news in the press recently about crossdressing, and i strongly sense a change in attitute coming.....Have you read about the recent revelations that Jordens Boyfriend has admitted being a crossdresser and his comments were "...yea i'm a crossdresser ..so what?".... and you wouldn't want to mess with him either being a cage fighter.....also 2 yobs in swansea tried to pick on a crossdresser ...he floored them both................Implications....yobs will be more weary on who they pick on...women that look up to Jordon and are Wannebe types..may all want to follow her and create a trend of jordon alikes looking to date a crossdresser..like its the new cool.....The worlds getting better for us....The times are a changing.....Who else feels a revolutions coming?

I hope a change is coming, but I don't think it will come from being able to beat up the bigots.
    Paola

If any change is coming, it will be years from now. The Gay Rights Movement's still fighting its way through, and they've been at it for quite a while.

I hope so! CDing isn't always about sexual orientation, rather its about clothing in my opinion. I like how fem clothing looks and feels, but I'm still a guy and I still love my fiance and I like it when we dress up together and can talk fashion together.

What I've never understood is why a woman can go buy a bunch of guy clothing and wear it in public without being considered odd... sure she might not be hit on by guys as much but perhaps that was her goal. On the other hand men can't go into a woman's clothing store and buy stuff and wear it without being considered "odd".

In my opinion its other males that are the problem, I talked to my brother about it a while back and he always stated "I hate the idea of CDing because I don't want to hit on a guy," so in a way its homophobia that seems to be the largest problem. The people who seem to accept it are the people who see it as just clothing and a behavioral pattern. I'm not sure I'm just thinking out loud right now.

However I hope things change soon as a writer I hope to aid in that with some of my works.
    Last edited by Rachel_Red; 10-15-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I do think a change is coming, in that the general public is being made more aware of the fact that there a lot of Crossdressers! BTW, I do my part! I go every day totally dressed enfemme, but with no wig or makeup. Just another guy in a skirt!!

This past Monday there was an article on the front page of the second section of the Atlanta Journal Constitution regarding the fact that the Cobb County (GA) School board had changed its mind regarding Crossdressing in schoolls. A high school had worn pink pumps and a pink wig to school and had been suspended. Turned out that other students, both male and female, had crossdressed at other high schools. Now the school board will not only allow it, but will make it possible for CD's to use a special bathroom and locker room for P.E.

I would send the URL for the article if I knew where to get it.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Change is always coming..... it just never ever seems to arrive......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Even if it does one day become acceptable to some extent, we are still going to be an extreme minority I'm afraid. And I still wouldn't tell many people.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

No idea who "Jorden" is. But yes, the more of us out & about in the real world, the faster change will come. "the revolution will not be televised."
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    This past Monday there was an article on the front page of the second section of the Atlanta Journal Constitution regarding the fact that the Cobb County (GA) School board had changed its mind regarding Crossdressing in schoolls. A high school had worn pink pumps and a pink wig to school and had been suspended. Turned out that other students, both male and female, had crossdressed at other high schools. Now the school board will not only allow it, but will make it possible for CD's to use a special bathroom and locker room for P.E.

I would send the URL for the article if I knew where to get it.
    I could not find the article you mentioned, but I did find a few about him being expelled:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/pink-wi...lid=daylf_artr

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cobb-te...he-156500.html

There are certainly more places where crossdressed individuals don't raise a lot of attention--that probably wasn't the case twenty years ago. So this is progress. I guess that we are all impatient and want it NOW!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbrandi View Post
    I could not find the article you mentioned, but I did find a few about him being expelled:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/pink-wi...lid=daylf_artr

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cobb-te...he-156500.html
    I think it rather odd that those articles about the young man are in the archives, but not the one about him being readmitted to school. That is the one I was quoting!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    The story about the cd beating the bigots up wasn't really a cd at all,it was 2 guys going to a fancy dress party

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroRemi View Post
    If any change is coming, it will be years from now. The Gay Rights Movement's still fighting its way through, and they've been at it for quite a while.
    Given that LGB people are fully protected in law against discrimination in employment and in the provision of goods and service and can enter into a Civil Partnership giving them the same rights and benefits as married people, I'd say they're on their way to winning their fight.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    No idea who "Jorden" is.
    Katie Price.
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Given that LGB people are fully protected in law against discrimination in employment and in the provision of goods and service and can enter into a Civil Partnership giving them the same rights and benefits as married people, I'd say they're on their way to winning their fight.
    Not in most of America.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Not where I live we are not. And if a certain candidate is elected Governor, we never will be. Even straight people in the state of Virginia are not protected in Domestic Partnerships. This candidate made sure of that while he was Attorney General. We are no where near winning the fight for equality in marriage or non-discrimination in the workplace, or any type of equality for GLBT community. There are even places where hate crime legislation to protect GLBT people has been struck down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Not in most of America.
    The world is bigger than America (wherever that is. Turn left at Greenland?)
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

Ooooohhhh... I love a good righteous revolution. I'm there. I'll even bring snacks.

There are basically two types of people, individuals and conformists. Individuals are usually themselves regardless. Conformists usually wait until something is popular or a revolution before they take the plunge.

There may be changes coming, I hope so. But, there are still idiots in the world.
    Check out this article... It isn't about CD'ing, but sheez.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/...rracial_rebuff
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I think there maybe an attitude change towards cd's ect but I also consider it will only be driven by the media and how we are portrayed and only then perhaps accepted . People maybe more enlightened in attitude , accepting even , but I fear they are a minority . Its only when a newspaper sensationalizes a situation do most folk bother to take things on board . Think about it ... Jordan has over the last few months sensationalized her marriage break up . Her new partner is a " tranny " - so what ? Over here in in the UK most people couldnt give a toss about the woman , or whoever else shares her bed , they only ever remark on how her poor children will look back and take in what an embarressing lifestyle they've been brought into later in life. It makes me wonder if the chap as he probably becomes another notch on the girls bedpost , how will he react when it all goes belly up once again . Will he become ridicule and scorn by Jordan and the media ? After all , bad news sells so much better than good news .
    I think in truth , we have a greater mountain to climb here .
    I,m not getting on my soap box , but think of this - no matter what , we have all been goverend by a controlling media based on fear . Its now going to pick up , take root ( over here I think ) and develope into something even more ignorant and controlling , it certainly reflects that all too easily with political parties like the BNP gaining strenth in both membership and public attention . I mean , Homophobia is still abundant , do we need it nurturing ??
    Its crazy to think of all those dear poor souls who fought and died to protect us from such parties and right wing stereotypes.
    Then theres the real truth . It seems as though we still cannot communicate and accept each other in these " modern " times .

History always repeats itself .

Makes you think does'nt it ??

End of sermonn .
    Last edited by Shelly67; 10-16-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    PS - just had a further thought. Who on earth are y'all expecting to run this revolution? Well, obviously, cross-dressrs, who else? That means us. You don't wait for revolutions, you make them. Get your heels on and get out there!
    They won't. That would involve courage.

I, on the other hand, have been writing to and having face-to-face talks with national politicians about trans rights for several years.
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbrandi View Post
    I could not find the article you mentioned .....
    I found one on Entertainmentwise.com. Hope this helps.

Katie Price's Boyfriend Alex Reid 'Is A Cross-Dresser Called Roxanne'
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

This Katie gets around, doesn't she.
    I just want to look pretty.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Completely Closet Clueless!

Thanks, Rachel! Now I know who Alex Reid is.

But, I STILL don't have any idea who Katy Price, (Jordan), is!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!