Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I sense a revolution

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas
    The world is bigger than America (wherever that is. Turn left at Greenland?)
    [SIZE="2"]Too true, Paula. I’m sorry we are so insular. Americans have lost sight of the fact that our country is made up of all the other countries in the world. As Eddie Izzard once said to a New York City audience: “Do you know there are other countries?” Some people cheered that question…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B
    When is America going to join the modern world?
    [SIZE="2"]When we admit defeat, and start changing our behavior. I believe it’s going to happen someday, but probably not in my lifetime. It’s downright embarrassing… I mean, it's seemingly not quite as bad as it was, but...well, we'll see.[/SIZE]

Ok those men were just going to a fancy dress party, was still enough to provoke a couple of yobs into attack mode...but they came off worse...a yobs worse nightmare being beatup by what they think would be a soft target....Jordons a very famous Celebrity overhere...sure..not everyones cup of tea...not the point though, lots of impressionable people out there idolise her and other celebs of her ilk...now they're all going to be swept into thinking "hmmm shes got a crossdressing B/F....i want one too..cool"....its herd mentality..trust me i've observed the herd long enough to know how it thinks...and once you've got the herd on your side.. Revolution .....sorry i'm not meaning to sound patronizing or arrogant...just my opinions....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    The world is bigger than America (wherever that is. Turn left at Greenland?)
    Your statement implied it's true everywhere, if you're speaking in world terms.
    btw, I never said anything to imply America was all-important.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 10-16-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Change is coming. I don't think I'll be around when it gets here but I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post

We will have to debate it and run that through committee where we can add or delete anything that we deem not to be in our interest and then send it to the floor for more debate and probably back to committee before killing the bill because we don't want to anger the lobbyists. I would say we will join in about 40 more years. Please don't progress any further until we get there ok?

I would not pin our hopes on a cage fighter and a couple of people who were cornered by a couple of drunks. We will have to at the very least take to the streets at Pride events and do it as crossdressers not drag queens. Lessee general consensus here is the closet is nice and cozy, so why rock the boat? Revolution? No but I hear we might have a tea party if we can get 6 of us together who agree on anything.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Depends on what part of the country you're in (for US girls) as far as acceptance goes. Bigotry will go on & on & on & on but you've got to take it one day at a time!!

Just remember coming "out" is easy amd so is revolution. It's after that "main event" that stuff starts rolling downhill. That is where the real endurance comes in.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It's a quiet revolution

It's not as much of a revolution as all of us here would like to see. No major battles, just little skirmishes. No consistent coverage or celebrity advocates, just a few viral youtube videos. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's the counter culture was sure there was a revolution on the way. There were changes that were made and some things were different than before. The cultural pendulum swung one way and then back, leaving some things different than before. Long hair on men became acceptable, the gay rights movement began in earnest, more provocative women's styles became more common and yes, even crossdressers became more visible.

It all didn't last, but some of it had staying power. In this environment it's going to be a lot of very little steps before we see something as great as revolution. I'll be happy with continued evolution for the time being.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post

It all didn't last, but some of it had staying power. In this environment it's going to be a lot of very little steps before we see something as great as revolution. I'll be happy with continued evolution for the time being.
    That's what complacency does. If you don't keep vigilant someone steals your hammock. Remember peace, love and equality? Now those same people are saying "Get off my grass you little whippersnapper, kids! Always into sex drugs and that rock and roll stuff."

Viva la revolution'
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Who on earth are y'all expecting to run this revolution? Well, obviously, cross-dressrs, who else? That means us. You don't wait for revolutions, you make them. Get your heels on and get out there!
    27 years ago I left the Church because of their bigotry.
    20 years ago I painted the town red with a crossdresser on Valentine's Day.
    16 years ago I walked down the street hand in hand with another woman for the first time.

You could say I've been out there making revolutions for a long time, and I'm sure many people on this website have similar stories.

You're not making assumptions about people's social/political activism, are you? :

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARRISA View Post
    Theres been lots of news in the press recently about crossdressing, and i strongly sense a change in attitute coming.....Have you read about the recent revelations that Jordens Boyfriend has admitted being a crossdresser and his comments were "...yea i'm a crossdresser ..so what?".... and you wouldn't want to mess with him either being a cage fighter.....also 2 yobs in swansea tried to pick on a crossdresser ...he floored them both................Implications....yobs will be more weary on who they pick on...women that look up to Jordon and are Wannebe types..may all want to follow her and create a trend of jordon alikes looking to date a crossdresser..like its the new cool.....The worlds getting better for us....The times are a changing.....Who else feels a revolutions coming?
    what's a yob?

I think for the most part people really don't care they may look and snicker but for the most so what. "You do your thing an I'll do mine" which is how it should be Every once in a while you get some who says your gong to hell but they are a very small minority.
    It is up to us to come out thats the revolution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    what's a yob?

here yer go temptation....

Yob may refer to:

Yobbo or Yob, an uncouth individual or thug
    Yob (band), a doom metal band from Eugene, Oregon
    "Yob" (song), a song by TISM

Yobbo or yob is a slang term for an uncouth or thuggish blue collar person. The word derives from a back slang reading of the word "boy" (boy or boyo reversed becomes yob or — slightly modified — yobbo).

In Britain, as the word 'yobb' came out of the London back slang and into more general English usage, it and latterly 'yobbo' have meant 'working class, adolescent, male person'. Within his own culture, he was not necessarily seen as uncouth, though a person writing about him rather than speaking of him was likely to be of another social class and prone to seeing him as loutish.

Means the same thing here as well.....

I saw the news Item that Clarrisa refers to it was hot news here, the Guy who attacked the CD'er or the person in female dress was drunk but because he didnt like guyz cross dressing decided to go back and have a go and got done by both people in the instance.

If they were going to a fancy dress dressed as these two were they looked good and gave what this guy wasnt expecting....

so perhaps a few more may think twice before impeding on CD'ers for fear of the same retribution. if you call that revolution then perhaps then those that
    do give CD'ers a hard time may think twice.
    Last edited by shesadvl; 10-16-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

The revolution is now!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Given that LGB people are fully protected in law against discrimination in employment and in the provision of goods and service and can enter into a Civil Partnership giving them the same rights and benefits as married people, I'd say they're on their way to winning their fight.
    Come here and say that?
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Crossdressing

Guys, as for as a revolution. There is much more acceptance of cross-dressing from society and females. Still there is some bigotry but it will always exist as long as people are not educated. Men use to wear tights as standard clothing so, it's possible.

Personal experience, after getting my hair done, I pretty my dress full-time (but also transitioning). Even before the transition, I dressed but not all the time because my reluctance to just be who I was.

Viv
    for love is passion. -vivanne

... enter my world
    http://youtube.com/averyny vivianne video blog
    http://twitter.com/viviannesummers

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    Change is always coming..... it just never ever seems to arrive......
    Touche!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Page to the Duke, "Sire, the villagers r REVOLTING!"

Duke, " They CERTAINLY R!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaire View Post
    Come here and say that?
    No. You come here. The beer's better.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas
    No. You come here. The beer's better.
    [SIZE="2"]Hmmmmm… Tell us something we don’t know!

BTW, If you’re talking about a revolution, don’t you know that you can count me in/out? Oh, yeah…[/SIZE]

The revolution is now. I personally know probably close to 10 FT girls right here in Atlanta that work and live as females. A crazy crossdresser like myself can go dressed to the mall, resturants, bars, etc without any troubles...well for the most part. Don't go to the Waffle House enfemme after midnight among the drunks and rednecks...but you get the picture.

One of the big Drag performers here in Atlanta a drag queen by the name of Charlie Brown did a monolog one night at a show. She remarked on how much the world had changed. Twenty five years ago her performers would come to the bar in guy mode and change. Now they dress at home and come to the bar in fem mode, something that would have gotten them beaten up 25 yrs ago.

Are things perfect heck no! But they are changing and we can have a lot more fun these days than was possible not too long ago.

The revolution has already taken place in Europe. Cross-dressing has been cool here for the past 20 years.

You forget....we were settled by the Puritans....it will be a while I'm affraid.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I found one on Entertainmentwise.com. Hope this helps.

Katie Price's Boyfriend Alex Reid 'Is A Cross-Dresser Called Roxanne'
    Thanks for the link Rachel,

Katie was so sexy looking some years back, but now see she has her hands full with all the kids..she still looks great, but did like her as a blond better..

Although ..

Sorry Alex if you see this, please take no offence, but I'm still having a very hard time picturing you all dressed up, but do envy you for being able to share Katie's closet..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    The revolution has already taken place in Europe. Cross-dressing has been cool here for the past 20 years.
    Cool? Well good for you. It's not that way in the USA.
    But I wouldn't trade living here for living in France for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry-Stephanie View Post
    You forget....we were settled by the Puritans....it will be a while I'm affraid.
    Very true lol... that in its own has a huge issue tied to it that I will not go into right now.