Thread: I sense a revolution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I sense a revolution

Theres been lots of news in the press recently about crossdressing, and i strongly sense a change in attitute coming.....Have you read about the recent revelations that Jordens Boyfriend has admitted being a crossdresser and his comments were "...yea i'm a crossdresser ..so what?".... and you wouldn't want to mess with him either being a cage fighter.....also 2 yobs in swansea tried to pick on a crossdresser ...he floored them both................Implications....yobs will be more weary on who they pick on...women that look up to Jordon and are Wannebe types..may all want to follow her and create a trend of jordon alikes looking to date a crossdresser..like its the new cool.....The worlds getting better for us....The times are a changing.....Who else feels a revolutions coming?

I hope a change is coming, but I don't think it will come from being able to beat up the bigots.
    Paola

If any change is coming, it will be years from now. The Gay Rights Movement's still fighting its way through, and they've been at it for quite a while.

I hope so! CDing isn't always about sexual orientation, rather its about clothing in my opinion. I like how fem clothing looks and feels, but I'm still a guy and I still love my fiance and I like it when we dress up together and can talk fashion together.

What I've never understood is why a woman can go buy a bunch of guy clothing and wear it in public without being considered odd... sure she might not be hit on by guys as much but perhaps that was her goal. On the other hand men can't go into a woman's clothing store and buy stuff and wear it without being considered "odd".

In my opinion its other males that are the problem, I talked to my brother about it a while back and he always stated "I hate the idea of CDing because I don't want to hit on a guy," so in a way its homophobia that seems to be the largest problem. The people who seem to accept it are the people who see it as just clothing and a behavioral pattern. I'm not sure I'm just thinking out loud right now.

However I hope things change soon as a writer I hope to aid in that with some of my works.
    Last edited by Rachel_Red; 10-15-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I do think a change is coming, in that the general public is being made more aware of the fact that there a lot of Crossdressers! BTW, I do my part! I go every day totally dressed enfemme, but with no wig or makeup. Just another guy in a skirt!!

This past Monday there was an article on the front page of the second section of the Atlanta Journal Constitution regarding the fact that the Cobb County (GA) School board had changed its mind regarding Crossdressing in schoolls. A high school had worn pink pumps and a pink wig to school and had been suspended. Turned out that other students, both male and female, had crossdressed at other high schools. Now the school board will not only allow it, but will make it possible for CD's to use a special bathroom and locker room for P.E.

I would send the URL for the article if I knew where to get it.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Change is always coming..... it just never ever seems to arrive......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    This past Monday there was an article on the front page of the second section of the Atlanta Journal Constitution regarding the fact that the Cobb County (GA) School board had changed its mind regarding Crossdressing in schoolls. A high school had worn pink pumps and a pink wig to school and had been suspended. Turned out that other students, both male and female, had crossdressed at other high schools. Now the school board will not only allow it, but will make it possible for CD's to use a special bathroom and locker room for P.E.

I would send the URL for the article if I knew where to get it.
    I could not find the article you mentioned, but I did find a few about him being expelled:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/pink-wi...lid=daylf_artr

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cobb-te...he-156500.html

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroRemi View Post
    If any change is coming, it will be years from now. The Gay Rights Movement's still fighting its way through, and they've been at it for quite a while.
    Given that LGB people are fully protected in law against discrimination in employment and in the provision of goods and service and can enter into a Civil Partnership giving them the same rights and benefits as married people, I'd say they're on their way to winning their fight.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaJaneThomas View Post
    Given that LGB people are fully protected in law against discrimination in employment and in the provision of goods and service and can enter into a Civil Partnership giving them the same rights and benefits as married people, I'd say they're on their way to winning their fight.
    Not in most of America.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Not in most of America.
    The world is bigger than America (wherever that is. Turn left at Greenland?)
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

Not where I live we are not. And if a certain candidate is elected Governor, we never will be. Even straight people in the state of Virginia are not protected in Domestic Partnerships. This candidate made sure of that while he was Attorney General. We are no where near winning the fight for equality in marriage or non-discrimination in the workplace, or any type of equality for GLBT community. There are even places where hate crime legislation to protect GLBT people has been struck down.

Come here and say that?
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Crossdressing

Guys, as for as a revolution. There is much more acceptance of cross-dressing from society and females. Still there is some bigotry but it will always exist as long as people are not educated. Men use to wear tights as standard clothing so, it's possible.

Personal experience, after getting my hair done, I pretty my dress full-time (but also transitioning). Even before the transition, I dressed but not all the time because my reluctance to just be who I was.

Viv
    for love is passion. -vivanne

... enter my world
    http://youtube.com/averyny vivianne video blog
    http://twitter.com/viviannesummers

Quote Originally Posted by Blaire View Post
    Come here and say that?
    No. You come here. The beer's better.
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

No idea who "Jorden" is. But yes, the more of us out & about in the real world, the faster change will come. "the revolution will not be televised."
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    No idea who "Jorden" is.
    Katie Price.
    Best Wishes

Paula

- Tony Hancock

Change is coming. I don't think I'll be around when it gets here but I hope so

Depends on what part of the country you're in (for US girls) as far as acceptance goes. Bigotry will go on & on & on & on but you've got to take it one day at a time!!

Just remember coming "out" is easy amd so is revolution. It's after that "main event" that stuff starts rolling downhill. That is where the real endurance comes in.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It's a quiet revolution

It's not as much of a revolution as all of us here would like to see. No major battles, just little skirmishes. No consistent coverage or celebrity advocates, just a few viral youtube videos. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's the counter culture was sure there was a revolution on the way. There were changes that were made and some things were different than before. The cultural pendulum swung one way and then back, leaving some things different than before. Long hair on men became acceptable, the gay rights movement began in earnest, more provocative women's styles became more common and yes, even crossdressers became more visible.

It all didn't last, but some of it had staying power. In this environment it's going to be a lot of very little steps before we see something as great as revolution. I'll be happy with continued evolution for the time being.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post

It all didn't last, but some of it had staying power. In this environment it's going to be a lot of very little steps before we see something as great as revolution. I'll be happy with continued evolution for the time being.
    That's what complacency does. If you don't keep vigilant someone steals your hammock. Remember peace, love and equality? Now those same people are saying "Get off my grass you little whippersnapper, kids! Always into sex drugs and that rock and roll stuff."

Viva la revolution'
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by CLARRISA View Post
    Theres been lots of news in the press recently about crossdressing, and i strongly sense a change in attitute coming.....Have you read about the recent revelations that Jordens Boyfriend has admitted being a crossdresser and his comments were "...yea i'm a crossdresser ..so what?".... and you wouldn't want to mess with him either being a cage fighter.....also 2 yobs in swansea tried to pick on a crossdresser ...he floored them both................Implications....yobs will be more weary on who they pick on...women that look up to Jordon and are Wannebe types..may all want to follow her and create a trend of jordon alikes looking to date a crossdresser..like its the new cool.....The worlds getting better for us....The times are a changing.....Who else feels a revolutions coming?
    what's a yob?

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    what's a yob?

here yer go temptation....

Yob may refer to:

Yobbo or Yob, an uncouth individual or thug
    Yob (band), a doom metal band from Eugene, Oregon
    "Yob" (song), a song by TISM

Yobbo or yob is a slang term for an uncouth or thuggish blue collar person. The word derives from a back slang reading of the word "boy" (boy or boyo reversed becomes yob or — slightly modified — yobbo).

In Britain, as the word 'yobb' came out of the London back slang and into more general English usage, it and latterly 'yobbo' have meant 'working class, adolescent, male person'. Within his own culture, he was not necessarily seen as uncouth, though a person writing about him rather than speaking of him was likely to be of another social class and prone to seeing him as loutish.

Means the same thing here as well.....

I saw the news Item that Clarrisa refers to it was hot news here, the Guy who attacked the CD'er or the person in female dress was drunk but because he didnt like guyz cross dressing decided to go back and have a go and got done by both people in the instance.

If they were going to a fancy dress dressed as these two were they looked good and gave what this guy wasnt expecting....

so perhaps a few more may think twice before impeding on CD'ers for fear of the same retribution. if you call that revolution then perhaps then those that
    do give CD'ers a hard time may think twice.
    Last edited by shesadvl; 10-16-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    "A day without red wine is like a day without sunshine.."
    when the devils feet hit the floor you can hear the good lord .. say "awwww crap shes up"
    Eleanor Rooservelt "behind every man stands a woman"......
    but then in my devlish attitude behind everyman stands many women depends, on many things or how he/she dresses..laffing
    Remember, strength based in force is a strength people fear. Strength based in love is a strength people crave.

I think for the most part people really don't care they may look and snicker but for the most so what. "You do your thing an I'll do mine" which is how it should be Every once in a while you get some who says your gong to hell but they are a very small minority.
    It is up to us to come out thats the revolution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Change is happening however not that fast! and it will take all of us to make it happen! For me in about 9 years ago I was called sir quite a bit however now when dressed I am Mam and miss! I think as we work to look better in our dressing and we accept our selves we notice that around ourselves people are accepting us. I will also say that for some it is because when dressed many have perfected the blend in look by dressing for the time of day.