Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any feminine hobbies ?

Do you have any feminine hobbies ?

I was just wondering if any body else has picked up any feminine hobbies besides shopping ? My SO got me hooked on beading jewelry and I absolutely love it. so far I made 3 necklaces 2 pare of earrings and an ankle bracelet, and have 2 more necklaces started ...need to go shopping at the bead store so I can finish those and get more supplies to start more.
    I still can't believe I'm so into beading...Isn't life full of surprises
    Courtney

Ice hockey!!! We have a bunch of female players in our league!! lol I'm just one of the girls!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Shopping, and did I make note of Shopping!

Cooking. Doing my June Clever act, heels, hose, pearls, perfect hair, makeup
    wonderful dress, apron.

Cooking is considered feminine and I'm really digging it! I make such great brownies and Carrot Cake that I don't bother buying these anymore! I'm building up a great cookbook library too! And I still control my eating so I don't get fat!

I played the flute from grade school to high school because I felt different. But, that has been about 3 1/2 years and Im not doing it in college. I enjoy doing arts/crafts and cooking when I have the money and with the right person.

I cook when i am home.everyone loves my cooking. I have my own cook book. I taght my kids how to cook to. I need to teach my wife to...... I also sew both hand and machine..heck the sewing machine is mine my wife cant even thread it. the veggie garden is mine to. my oldest son who is TG grows flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori amanda anderson View Post
    I was just wondering if any body else has picked up any feminine hobbies besides shopping ? My SO got me hooked on beading jewelry and I absolutely love it. so far I made 3 necklaces 2 pare of earrings and an ankle bracelet, and have 2 more necklaces started ...need to go shopping at the bead store so I can finish those and get more supplies to start more.
    I still can't believe I'm so into beading...Isn't life full of surprises
    Hi Lori!

It's great that you are enjoying beadwork. It is a wonderful hobby. There are some things that I would love to make (like a beadwork kippah for those who know what that is), but I tried it and, despite an excellent teacher's encouragement, I felt I just wasn't getting it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

You may have missed the fairly recent thread on Traditionally Female Hobbies that Daybreak started. You might find some of the posts on that thread interesting.

Here are a few of my more feminine hobbies:

Knit and hook rugs, have taken a sewing class, and love to do all of them.
    Gardener and the home canner, both great fun (I make superb preserves)
    Backpacker, hiker and geocacher
    Scrapbook maker (a girly hobby if ever there was one!)
    Do all the regular maintenance on our RV, including oil changes; less creeping under other cars as time goes by
    Do 95% of the cooking and virtually all of the grocery shopping, etc.
    Target and clay shooter, never have yet tried hunting, don't enjoy fishing
    Active community volunteer
    Active in ladies auxiliary at religious congregation
    Avid reader, subscribe to Women's Day, Family Circle, InStyle People Watch (fashion mag), Women's Fitness, Women's Health and a number of other magazines.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess cooking is my most feminine hobby now. I love to cook, especially if I am all dolled up! Can't do that when I cook for my family, but of course I am always underdressed!

Back in the 1970's when my late wife and I lived in Seattle, we both did a lot Jewelry making. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. Whatever we thought we could sell at Street Fairs! We did sell a lot and had fun making the stuff. There were several of who worked together doing it, but I was the only man! The other ladies teased me about being "girly" for working with them! If they only knew what I was wearing for underwear!! Of course, my darling supportive wife thought it was really funny!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Cross-stiching here!! My wife wanted me to find a hobby and got me stuck on cross-stiching though I'm not really that good at it yet and I haven't done it in over 6 months, but I think I will pick up again.

Hannah~~

I love to play Suzie Homemaker for friends, putting on my apron, setting the perfect table and fixing dinner and drinks, tonight I mixed martinis! And sewing, I had this top that didn't fit just right and yesterday I altered it with needle and thread, in a skirt, feeling very feminine....

Dressed to please someone
    I love to cook and I always iomprovise new ways to do it!

And I do all the laundry, dusting and vacuum cleaning in our house. That I would not call a hobby though but I really like doing them when dressed.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Farting and scratching. No wonder I sometimes get mistaken for an Essex girl
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by KristalKay View Post
    I played the flute from grade school to high school because I felt different.
    I did too. The flute was definitely considered a girl's instrument in that school. Our flute section was 3 girls + me. Now, MANY years later I have brought my flute out of storage and am seriously considering having it overhauled so I can play again.

My late wife was a really good seamstress as well as interested in fashion design. I told her one of my ambitions was to learn sewing well enough to make myself some pretty dresses. But I didn't feel bold enough to take a class at a local fabric store. So she promised she would coach me, and we would start learning by making a skirt. Sadly, that was about the time her health declined, so the dream dress only remains a dream.

. . . Someday - - -!

Daisy

(not a whale)
    talking on the phone all day

wait that's my job

Hmm, let's see ... I enjoy chick flicks..does that count?

Exclamation Doing Fem Hobbies

Like most, cooking meals is at the top. However, can add things like laundry, clothes mending, decorating niknacks(ie. like wine bottles), gardening, reading fem mags. to name a few. There are others but these are regular daily activities. Not into sports activities at all (NFL,NHL etc.). I cant even name one single pro player on any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    Hmm, let's see ... I enjoy chick flicks..does that count?
    That definitely counts...and I enjoy them to...
    Courtney

I love to bake. Cooking for dinner is another, but since my wife doesn't cook I don't really count that one for me. I have to cook or we don't eat, so its not really a 'hobby'! Otherwise, there are lots of things I like to do, but nothing I'd really call a hobby. I'm not good at decorating or color coordination, so I just write the check when wifey wants to paint!

The one hobby that I absolutely loved was training my retrievers for field trials (and judging them). But that was never done as a girl...

Lori, you should talk to my girlfriend/partner Katy Dee. She's really into the jewellery making.

Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Aspiring Member
    I know that you said "besides shopping", however, I have no interest in shopping for male stuff but just can't wait until I can go shopping again for womens clothes, whether it be bra and panties or jeans (love the low rise jeans) and tops and shoes. It's one of my greatest pleasures.
    SheriM

Females don't have hobbies per se, they have activities.

Aspiring Member

Misogyny, anyone?

I don't know if I have any feminine hobbies, or, if anyone does.

Perhaps a definition of terms then?

I cook, clean, sew, make and repair things. Do stuff myself to save money, for convenience sake and/or "the personal touch... Everyone I know does. What's the big whoop?

Very few things are really tied to gender or sex. Much depends on the culture and some are exactly backwards to western culture. But, that's a flaky way to define something.

If, for example, cooking is limited to "women's things," then all you people cooking and/or wearing women's clothes are in the wrong in just about everything that you think and do.

Is that the stand you want to take with your lives?

My former wife would sometimes argue that clothing, social roles, etc. were all fundamentally dictated by the differences in male and female biology. Long story short:

"It's all about peeing, nursing, and getting pregnant. Be glad you're not stuck with all this stuff hanging off you, running out of you, all your life."

Feminine hobbies?

Culturally and socially, too often the result of "female problems."

Think about it before you slap a label on something that's neither fish nor fowl.

I always loved cooking,even in guy mode.My other female activities are shopping for clothes,like romantic comedies and I always liked Days Of Our Lives,but recently I gotten into,AMC,One Live To Live and General Hospital whenever I'm home.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I am able to cook, I have made my own jewelry, and shopping for clothes and shoes or at least looking at them.
    You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world.

Kim