Thread: A good experience to share

A good experience to share

My loving wife and her sister have been helping me accept myself and feel comfortable. My wife has always liked me better in girl mode. Her sister had to come into town and has been staying with us for about a month. I've been able to dress and party with the three of them a couple of times a week. I took a big step and confided in my step-daughter who is in her 20's. She was such a doll and even went out and bought me some make-up essentials and a few panties. I'm starting to think I might be able to love myself. Life is grand right now (even though I'm unemployed). I'm thinking about changing careers to do something that will accept my gender.
    I was a Mgr at a large semiconductor company before I got outsourced to China. Too much stress. I've pierced my ears, shaved, and I no longer have my boxers. Could use some encouragement from all of the really great girls on this site.

Thanks for listening.
    Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Tara_G View Post
    Life is grand right now (even though I'm unemployed).

Tara
    The acceptance that the GG's in your life have shown is extraordinary! That is so wonderful! Congratulations!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Tara, sounds as if...

...you already have far more encouragement than any of us could ever hope to provide you with .

We should all be so lucky !

That is Awsome.. Seems the next generation is learning to be more accepting of people for who they are not just who we all look like

So ya goin to transition all the way? or ya gonna test the waters first?

Much Love
    Missy

I'm starting to realize that accepting myself is the only hurdle.
    I also came out to my brother and sister-in-law when they kept bugging me about why I don't come sit in their hot tub. I finally told his wife about my shaved legs and the next day they said "so what, doesn't bother us".

You should always love yourself...I'm glad that you have people to help you accept and feel good about yourself
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Quote Originally Posted by MissySue View Post
    That is Awsome.. Seems the next generation is learning to be more accepting of people for who they are not just who we all look like

So ya goin to transition all the way? or ya gonna test the waters first?

Much Love
    Missy
    I'm not a good candidate for HRS (smoker) and I probably missed that boat. But if I could just live happy and love myself. I could deal with feeling like a woman and dressing when it's appropriate. I'm too much of a Virgo to just cross dress. I have to have the long natural nails, shaved, etc.
    I need to take a chill pill and get over it. I think our biggest obstacle is ourselves.

Girl, we all love you here

I know I've been going through my struggles, and have found so much comfort in this sisterhood. It's easy to have a heavy heart when we feel that we're not accepted by society. I'm very sensitive to be honest, so it's easy for me to get down.

But you have a great support system. Hang in there sis.

It sounds like you have total acceptance from those around you, now all you need to do, is see in you what they see in you. Being excepted and loved for who you are should tell you you are worth it, and let you know you can love yourself for who you are, others do.
    Remember we are what we are, and there are thousands of us if not millions, and that makes it a normal condition, embrace it and enjoy it!
    Tina

Gold Member
    Hi Tara. Sounds like you've got a great support group already. Have fun with it and don't forget, we're here for all of you as well. Have fun girl.

[Gender]Androgen[/Gender] lemonlover's Avatar
    Life is grand right now.
    xD Life is sometimes hard, but believe you me, it is ALWAYS grand =)
    Congratulations!
    I wish to have the acceptance of my loved ones the way you do!

Kari Ann is enjoying life
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara_G View Post
    Too much stress. I've pierced my ears, shaved, and I no longer have my boxers. Could use some encouragement from all of the really great girls on this site.
    Tara... trust me... we all have experienced that same very stress that you talk about. In fact, my stress never seems to go away. But, take courage and know that little steps that you are taking will bring some happiness amidst it all. I commend you for stepping out and finding your true femme self! Enjoy and know that we're all here with you.