Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What other aspects of life do you not conform to or is crossdressing the only thing?

What other aspects of life do you not conform to or is crossdressing the only thing?

At lunch I was walking around the building and a co-worker came up to me and said "wow... What's with all the colors going on here?" Pointing to my outfit (blue blazer, striped blue and yellow shirt and pink tie)... "Why don't you wear a white shirt and a red tie like all the other engineers?". "Your kind of pushing the envelope". And "your a non-conformists" were statements that all came up in the conversation....

Which got me to thinking... Crossdressing is kind of the uber....... higghest level of non-conformity but appearently according to others.... I don't conform in other areas.. I always prided myself in High Scholl on never siding with the majority... I got sent home more than a few times for having too long of hair and for wearing deeply cut V neck shirts... One of my teachers actually took a piece of pink yarn and laced up my shirt and made me wear it the rest of the day... Which really didnt embarasing me at all.. Lol.

So besides crossdressing, are you a conforming citizen in all the other aspects of your life?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, I'm an atheist. I'm also an existentialist and determinist. I break laws that I think are senseless. I can't really say I conform to social norms.
    "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. " Albert Camus

8rys, going on walkabout
    At work now I have to conform somewhat, if a salesperson is too out of the norm bad sales follow.
    There are quirks that I am known for though like wearing Chuck Taylor's with a suit. Or my collection of loud socks and sandals.

I joined enough groups on the fringe of society that I blend in. So amongst them it seems that I conform.

To conform or to not conform. I think that to be like everyone else is a waiste of time. I have always dressed, talked, driven, and liked what I want to. People in Texas think I am strange but what I am who I am and noone can change me but me.

I am a conformist 100 per cent. Well, maybe not 100 per cent. I mean there was this one time when ....
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

No way Hozay, I mean Karren. I wrote the book on non conformity as well as working and thinking outside the "box".

Aspiring Member
    Sad to say, so conformist that I'm boring.

Shari makes up for it.

She's such a tart!

conformist

except for the self-destructive behaviors which I suppose are probably conformist in some weird way...
    haven't been to a therapist yet who hasn't been able to finish my sentences for me, so I must be pretty middle-of-the-road...

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I don't eat meat , I dj psy trance , I'm a hippy at heart .

Interesting. My male side totally conforms. But I've deliberately stripped that out of Trish bit by bit. Sort of a social experiment. I went way off the cards for a few months but I'm now a much more responsible young lady.

Do you believe me?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I'm a total conformist. Even when dressed I still dress very conservatively and age appropriate.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Gold Member
    conformist.
    That would be a synonym for "Normal". What is normal?

Let's see, you have to hold a bachleor's degree by the age of 25, preferrably 23. You have to live in the suburbs, drive an SUV, have 2.3 kids, be married, work in an office, be straight, wear clothes of your birth sex, love your in-laws, have suburban friends, be neighborly, go to church on Sundays...
    Did I leave anything out?

Me, I didn't even hold an associates til I was 31, I rent an apt in a so-so neighborhood, OH WAIT, we drive an SUV but it is old, have 1 kid, WAIT - married, got laid off my factory job, am CD so not "straight", don't talk to inlaws, my friends are lower class income and/or other CDs, I avoid my neighbors like the plague, and I don't go to church.

Shame on me, damnit, I just break so many rules.
    But hey, I have that SUV and am married. Boy I am SUCH a conformist.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Conformist, no not really, 65 year old ponytail wearing love child. I would have been a beatnik, wanted to but was to young for the coffee houses.
    Tina

im relay a undercover nonconformist is easier to play the game and just try to work with the system than have to put up with all the crap when your the single tall poppy in a field of short ones,you surley will get picked. .......but if its something that demands a firm stand im there for that to. but i really like havin great conversations with open minded people , you know the what if stuff

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Well hey -- my answer will be as non-conforming as I am.

In an increasingly secular world, I choose to not deny or compromise my strong spiritual values, and choose to remain a strict almost traditional Roman Catholic is willing submission to the Magesterium of the Church. I am a proud Catholic

I do not watch TV, except for a few shows on CBC and some movies on TCM, and CBC Newsworld, CTV News, and the Weather Network. Therefore, I have never seen an episode of Survivor or any of the other Reality shows, haven't a clue what Jon and Kate and the thing is there, and have never scene an episode of Friends, Seinfeld or Mad about You.

I refuse to accept those people or things the public accepts as heroes or admirable. In the crossdressing world that means I don't accept RuPaul or Hedda Lettuce or any drag queen who's plastered all over the TV as an idol or think that To Wong Foo, or Tootsie are great CD/TG movies only because they are CD or TG movies. I am not about to buy a book because Oprah says to, and won't cling to every word that Dr Phil says as gospel.

I refuse to believe that Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, or Lady Gaga are appropriate material for a 14 year old. Or anyone else for that matter.

I refuse to listen to lying corporate radio stations like Sam FM, Jack FM, Bob FM etc -- who say 'we play anything'. Give me BBC Radio 2 anyday.

I refuse to accept what any political party, be it the Democrats or the Republicans, or the Conservatives, the Liberals, the NDP, or the Bloc Quebecois tell me to believe. I will make up my own mind.

I will not cut my hair to look like a clone at work. Likewise, I will be a non-conformist by NOT getting my belly button pierced or getting a tattoo, because doing those things is more conforming than not.

I do not consume alcohol

I will not compromise who I am -- ever again

Oh -- and one day soon -- I while finally be what what I want to be -- a Canadian!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 10-20-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I've never conformed and never will.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    So besides crossdressing, are you a conforming citizen in all the other aspects of your life?

[SIZE="2"]Well, not really – I’m in the process of falling through the cracks in the floorboards. I usually see what’s popular with everyone else and then avoid it, whatever it may be, with few exceptions. I live on the fringe of society, somewhere in your peripheral vision, a square peg trying to fit into a round hole since I was a boy. Make that a hexagonal peg. I accept my own non-acceptance, in fact I’ve made it into an art form. My sister has never allowed herself to be told what to do, and her reticence has certainly rubbed off on me – I’m just a little more open about it!

When I was in art school, everyone thought I was on drugs, based on my behavior. Since drug use was de rigueur for artistic types at the time (still is, probably), I really confused people with my non-conformity. I don’t know, it’s just fun to go against the norm and play with perceptions. As for being a conforming citizen, there is no question of ever submitting to that sad state of affairs…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Frédérique; 10-19-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: spelling

what a boring world it would be if we were all the same. and what a boring world without music, dance, invention, stargazing

I will conform to survive, things that will affect my survivability but I won't conform to old, outdated, retentive and just plain stupid things. Lemmings conform
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

100% non-conformist. I'd say that if you asked my friends or co-workers who would be the most likely to buck the system or do something different, my name would come up more often than not.

It is interesting to see what society wants us to do (popular television shows, where to go on vacation, fashion, entertainment). I look at that, then for the most part do my own thing. I think some of it is a reaction to being so far OUT of the 'in group' when I was growing up that it became a point of pride to not be like them.

I think the thing that separates me a lot is my attitude about work. I see being paid for work as a trade. Money for hours of my life. The hours of my life are NOT renewable. I don't want to trade any more of them than I have to to survive! Sadly, everybody tells me how they admire my lifestyle (lots of time off) but none of them even consider following my example. They are all stuck with toys and bills that mandate a 40 hour (or more) per week job.

Knowing what they do about me, I don't think any of my good friends would really be surprised to find out I CD. They are used to me being a bit different already.

Sadly, with the office job I have now in a very conservative industry, it takes more and more effort to not give in and just be normal. But what would the fun of THAT be?

To me, the most frustrating thing is to ask "WHY do you do it that way" and get the answer "Because that is the way we've always done it"!

A thought: I don't know if anybody is capable of judging if they themselves are conformist. I think many people secretly want to believe that they are different, unique and NOT like the other sheep in the pasture. But in reality, from the outside they look just the same. I know several people who would probably label themselves non-conformist, but spend their evenings watching reality television and chasing the American Dream.

Maybe real non-conformity can only be seen objectively.
    Last edited by Cristi; 10-19-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

been wearing dress and skirt all my life just never to school although my frist 4 years of school was my ant and i was the only young boy in that country school and i did have fun there .

stell dont wear fem thing out in less i am in the truck empty but i do put makeup on ever day (like my skirts and heels) now i do drive in my heels all the time

Con..con..conformist? I'm sorry, I don't understand zis word.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Awesome question Karren...

Me, I just like to think for myself.
    Some might consider that to be conformist and some might consider that to be non conformist.
    Whatever...
    No closet is big enough!

[SIZE="3"]I can not say I am a conformist. I do not really ever recall doing things because others did after the age of 8.
    My family moved around a lot in my early years. I attended 12 different schools before starting High School. I never tried to fit in at the new schools. I knew I would be leaving before to long so why try to fit in. The next school would have a different bunch of kids with their own set of conformity.
    I always marched to the beat of a drummer and I prefer that way to this day.
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not

I've had all types of jobs, most of them pretty macho type jobs. But I've always marched to the beat of my own drums. You tick me off I leave, but somehow I always am wanted back and have gone back to old jobs.
    Like Karen my dress code is my own, even in drab I've got the colorful shirts. Where I am now, there are some people who know about Nikki some have been out with her, the rest don't know but if they find out I'll worry about it then as I don't really care what they think when I'm not at work.

That is an interesting. Caused a lot of reflection.

During the early years of my career, I was very much a disgruntled conformist. I wore the 3 piece suits with white shirts and my power ties. Then after I few years I ended up in blue jeans and polo shirts at work and t-shirts at home. The one thing I have learned is that in male mode, I couldn't care less how I look. In female mode, I care very much how I look.

Some years back I was working for a client writing a program for them when they informed me that I wasn't dressing professional enough in my blue jeans and polo shirt at work. They informed me that I had to wear khaki's. I proceeded to inform them that I get paid for what I know and create and not for how I look. I would starve to death if I had to make a living off of my looks. Needless to say, they still insisted so I walked off the job. Those were the good days.

I own my own company because I can't work for anyone else. I can't conform. So I have to say that I have evolved into a complete non-conformist.
    Michelle