Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crossdressing is illegal

crossdressing is illegal

I was talking with a friend while waiting for the bus. Halloween parties start Saturday. I said i'm wearing women's clothes Saturday. "Nancy" sitting on the other bench was listening. She said "Crossdressing is illegal, you'll get aressted just for that!"
    She also said "I saw a crossdresser get arested downtown!"
    I said "she" was doing something else besides crossdressing!
    "Nancy" kept saying "he!"
    It was fun playing with Nancy's brain! she would be the one to call police and tell them there's a crossdresser on the bus! I was in guy mode today.
    Oregon passed domestic partnership law:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti...ship_in_Oregon

[Gender]Androgen[/Gender] lemonlover's Avatar
    But, it's not...
    RIGHT?
    I am confused...

I don't think so because............

The mayor of Silverton, Oregon is a cross dresser, so I wouldn't think it illegal.
    I did a little more digging and found that it is NOT illegal to cross dress in Oregon.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 10-20-2009 at 01:43 AM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

The Fashion Police have a warrant for my arrest.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Yeah. Crossdressing is BAD! It's one of the leading causes of the demise of this planet!

LOL!........

Enter the Radiohead song here: "But I'm a creep
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here."
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Crossdressing is illegal -- that's why I never wear a cross.

Crossdressing is not illegal - the Taliban hasn't taken over just yet !!

BTW: The first thing I did when I arrived at Atlanta airport last month was to walk up to a policeman and ask where the taxis left from.....

......and no, I'm not writing this from my prison cell

There are still laws on the books in some snall WV towns that make crossdressing illegal.. That's why a lot of crossdressers would carry two male socks with them in their purse.. That was enough to keep you out of jail.. Personally I wear always my comphy male cotton briefs and have a pair of short male socks in my purse when I'm out enfemme in WV.. Get out of jail free underware! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, now we know where the "rush" comes from I guess.

Roll your eyes at this.

It's a big planet. Each of us only knows a little bit about it.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

In some cities/states, there are laws on the books that state it is illegal to dress as the other gender in order to commit a felony. However if you are just crossdressed and are NOT breaking any laws, there should not be any issue, however check with the local hall of records to determine the exact wording of those laws.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi, I wasn't going to chime in, since this ground has been plowed over and over, but oh what the hell. As far as I know, and I have done some research, there are no laws that make it illegal to dress in the clothes of the opposite gender, whether m2f or f2m. There may be some laws, as Kandis stated, that make it illegal to go about "in disguise" in order to commit a crime, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Really, if any one has some citations regarding a particular statute and/or ordinance that is still on the books in some jurisdiction or other, it would be so interesting to see it. So far it all seems like rumor of the "I heard..." variety.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Lol, that all is sooo funny. Make up a great story to say at the bus stop next time you see her.

I've crossdressed in Oregon for years, in public (mainly in the Dalles, but some in Portland as well, cuz that's where I used to shop at Nordstrom's Rack for my shoes).

Should I ask my wife's cousins, who live there in McMinnville? Lol, perish the thought, they're too religious right to see a problem with a law like that!

Hugs and giggles,
    Ann

Illegality

It still bugs me about human nature of non tolerance. Some communities have refused to carry out any research about anything transgender yet they are quick to render it illegal.

The famous scientist Galileo was killed some centuries ago by saying that the world is spherical not round as it was previously thought, it was later discovered that he was right the earth was indeed spherical and no apologies were tendered.

Man is still blaming spirits for some illnesses that can be cured with penicillin.

Some people still think the ability of liking the same sex is not natural and accept that liking opposite sex is natural while in some lizards the entire specie is female and same sex paring is common in the animal kingdom especially in giraffes and monkeys, yet some pple still feel its not natural even though man is a primate himself..............i raise my case
    Last edited by Hali; 10-20-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]You ladies are gonna hate me for saying this, but (though it is not illegal in the US) you definitely don't want to go to church dressed ! I recently found that there is actually a verse in the Old Testament book of Deutoronomy that prohibits men or women wearing clothes of the other sex. The funny thing about this to me is that I'll bet that 95% or more of the church ladies wear jeans ! A women's label in the jeans DOES NOT make them exclusively female when they look identical to male jeans. I have a pair of JMS pants that I wear to the rink and everywhere, and nobody has ever suspected that they are a ladies' brand in a ladies' size 20.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, I've been aware of that passage in Deuteronomy for decades. It's given me a lot of guilt to contend with due to my upbringing in that type of church. I've had to reconcile it with God and feel fully accepted by my Creator as a result.

Really, I say 'that type of church' because there's a multitude of churches and opinions, and there are many that are completely accepting of Crossdressers. When I finally formally came out at work about a year ago, one of the ladies I talked to openly about it told me of the church she attends in the Dalles, Oregon, where there are many types of people there (CD, Gay, anything else you can think of) that go there and are welcome there as they are, including coming to services dressed. I was astounded, and had I lived there at the time, I would have gladly gone.

It's really up to interpretation.

Ann

The Old Testament was written a long time ago and that part of Deuteronomy, that contains so many do's and don't's, was written for those times, and for the conditions that prevailed.
    There have been many interpretations of the verses relating to crossdressing, including that it was a reference to pagan rituals and that it was a reference to avoiding military service by dressing as a woman.
    I don't see it as a clear condemnation of the sort of CDing that I do.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    The Old Testament was written a long time ago and that part of Deuteronomy, that contains so many do's and don't's, was written for those times, and for the conditions that prevailed.
    There have been many interpretations of the verses relating to crossdressing, including that it was a reference to pagan rituals and that it was a reference to avoiding military service by dressing as a woman.
    I don't see it as a clear condemnation of the sort of CDing that I do.
    [SIZE="4"]Oh, no, Ruth - we are under grace now and not condemnation. What is in there is not too consistent with the NT covenant of forgiveness and the one-time atonement for sins in 0000 AD or whenever it was. I see that thing in the OT as just another of those nit-picky little rules of Moses', such as the one against eating pork..... And neither I nor any others, church-going or not, are going to give up our sausage, bacon, and NC pork BBQ ![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You might want to check out the religious section of this forum, they cover that extensively. My only question is why would God make you that way and then hammer you for it? I really wouldn't worry about it. As for women wearing jeans (sigh, we've covered this over and over again!), it is not the same as it is for functionality not identification. It is easier to shovel snow in jeans and boots than in a dress and heels. And please don't argue with me, I LIVE in snow country, I don't even wear dresses to church in the winter cuz I can't get up my driveway in the shoes and damned if it isn't cold! To those who have already replied (in past threads) that they like shoveling in dresses, more power to them...go for it, in fact, come shovel my driveway, I get sick of shoveling, I could use the help! LOL And I don't care what you wear when you're doing it either. I doubt if the bikers across the street care either.
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

[SIZE=4]"Appearing in public dressed as the opposite sex" was illegal in Denver, Colo in 1975. I still have the summons.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It was repealed late in 1988, but I am still a little gun-shy of dressing there. That night in jail just does something to you....[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    There is only one solution to this ---- smile when dressed in girls clothes -- then it will be happydressing

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe in some parts of Norfolk in the UK cross dressing is compulsory!?
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

You really wanna feel guilt over what some superstitious chauvinists wrote thousands of years ago?
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    No, I think you're confusing it with incest and bestiality.

NFN (normal for Norfolk)
    Sorry of course! I stand corrected.
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    The mayor of Silverton, Oregon is a cross dresser, so I wouldn't think it illegal.
    I did a little more digging and found that it is NOT illegal to cross dress in Oregon.

To go along with that I have been stopped three (or four) times by police. Every single time it was at night and two times they simply asked if I needed a ride, another time they asked for ID and gave them the ID, they check it out and went on their way.
    SRS January 27