Thread: I ma'md somebody today

I ma'md somebody today

I was out at a local market in Southern Vermont today. When I got to the checkout line things were pretty congested. I got in the shortest line I could.

A minute later, the next register over opened. There was still one more person in line in front of me (a woman in a dark red skirt suit) who hadn't noticed the new register, so I tapped her on the shoulder and said "Ma'm, That register is open now" to give her a chance to get to it before I skipped over.

She was wearing a dark red skirt suit and had long black hair (not a wig) and a purse. As soon as she turned toward me there was no doubt that she was not a GG. She was wearing no makeup and had very male features. She said 'thank you' and moved to the new line. Her low voice also gave her away.

She looked very comfortable being out, so I don't know if she was a CD who was very used to being in public, or perhaps a transgendered person who was fulltime. Either way, I hope she got at least a little smile at being called Ma'm.

To the woman I saw: If by chance you are a member of this forum, I'd like to say 'hi'. Mabe you remember the encounter.

PS: I took this as an opportunity to watch the people AROUND her to see how/if they reacted. From what I saw, nobody treated her any differently, gaver her odd looks behind her back, or had a word to say about her even after she had checked out and left the store. In this respect, it was a confidence boost for ME for the next time I'm out!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Just another 'Gurl'
    Cool. Bravo to you for the respect given, and of course to her too for the courage she showed in going out and thanking you.
    Just another man in a dress

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Sue View Post
    Cool. Bravo to you for the respect given, and of course to her too for the courage she showed in going out and thanking you.
    I will echo Kitty Sue!! Were you dressed or in drab when this happened?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Cristi that is cool. I was walking down the hall at work and one of the female coaches stops me and says to me "girl we don't need to wear nail polish to work". I retorted with "well this girl loves nail polish". We both laughed and went on our way. I have started work as a female and everyone has been really supportive.

Teri

I bet you made her day!
    Tina

Hi Cristi,
    It is so very cool when you are mam'd. In fact I was running errons in the city today and afterwards decided to do a little shopping. In a book store no less, I was mam'd twice. The SA was so sweet, kind and helpful, he was wonderful. Give compliments to everyone, you never know where or when the next one will come your way.

Hugs,
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I will echo Kitty Sue!! Were you dressed or in drab when this happened?
    I was in WORSE than drab... I was on my lunch from work, so was in a suit and tie.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Gold Member
    She didn't pass, and no one gave her problems.
    It just goes to show that when you are comfy in your own skin, people are less likely to give your problems.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Respect is a wonderful thing. Now if more people would just be as accepting of different lifestyles. It gives me more courage to get more clothes and a wig to start going out en femme.

I used to work at a large supermarket chain and had regular cd customer that used to shop there almost every other afternoon. She wasn't very passable and very very tall but she dressed very nice and had a great attitude and courtesy so I ma'md every time I had to wait on her and I am pretty sure I made her day better

I have found the same thing most places and most people are very nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I was in WORSE than drab... I was on my lunch from work, so was in a suit and tie.
    Hey!! I resent that crack!! I wear a suit and tie every day and get rave reviews for all the girls!! Especially when I wear my pink tie!! Lol

The way I see it I got to look good no mater how I'm dressed!!

Awesome encounter!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Hey!! I resent that crack!! I wear a suit and tie every day and get rave reviews for all the girls!! Especially when I wear my pink tie!! Lol

The way I see it I got to look good no mater how I'm dressed!!

Awesome encounter!!
    I've been TOLD I don't look half bad when I make the effort in a suit and tie... I just hate doing it.

In fact, when I hear some women complaining about getting dressed up in skirts, hose, etc I realize that it is probably the same feeling I have about dress pants and shirt, tie and jacket. I know I can look GOOD in it, I just don't enjoy it and am uncomfortable the entire time.
    -- Robert Heinlein