Thread: crossdressing is illegal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

crossdressing is illegal

I was talking with a friend while waiting for the bus. Halloween parties start Saturday. I said i'm wearing women's clothes Saturday. "Nancy" sitting on the other bench was listening. She said "Crossdressing is illegal, you'll get aressted just for that!"
    She also said "I saw a crossdresser get arested downtown!"
    I said "she" was doing something else besides crossdressing!
    "Nancy" kept saying "he!"
    It was fun playing with Nancy's brain! she would be the one to call police and tell them there's a crossdresser on the bus! I was in guy mode today.
    Oregon passed domestic partnership law:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti...ship_in_Oregon

[Gender]Androgen[/Gender] lemonlover's Avatar
    But, it's not...
    RIGHT?
    I am confused...

I don't think so because............

The mayor of Silverton, Oregon is a cross dresser, so I wouldn't think it illegal.
    I did a little more digging and found that it is NOT illegal to cross dress in Oregon.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 10-20-2009 at 01:43 AM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

The Fashion Police have a warrant for my arrest.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    The mayor of Silverton, Oregon is a cross dresser, so I wouldn't think it illegal.
    I did a little more digging and found that it is NOT illegal to cross dress in Oregon.

To go along with that I have been stopped three (or four) times by police. Every single time it was at night and two times they simply asked if I needed a ride, another time they asked for ID and gave them the ID, they check it out and went on their way.
    SRS January 27

its far from illegal... the portland area is probably next to san fransisco the most liberal area of the USA... hell i very obviously underdressed today looking at waste clinchers and mini skirts for a cosutme im doing.. not a single issue and heck in rave at lloyd center i even got a nice comment on how the overall outfit looked i was trying on... and from a very beautiful and polite female to boot.. so i say forget your friend shes' definately wrong...

Yeah. Crossdressing is BAD! It's one of the leading causes of the demise of this planet!

LOL!........

Enter the Radiohead song here: "But I'm a creep
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here."
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Crossdressing is illegal -- that's why I never wear a cross.

Crossdressing is not illegal - the Taliban hasn't taken over just yet !!

BTW: The first thing I did when I arrived at Atlanta airport last month was to walk up to a policeman and ask where the taxis left from.....

......and no, I'm not writing this from my prison cell

There are still laws on the books in some snall WV towns that make crossdressing illegal.. That's why a lot of crossdressers would carry two male socks with them in their purse.. That was enough to keep you out of jail.. Personally I wear always my comphy male cotton briefs and have a pair of short male socks in my purse when I'm out enfemme in WV.. Get out of jail free underware! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, now we know where the "rush" comes from I guess.

Roll your eyes at this.

It's a big planet. Each of us only knows a little bit about it.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

In some cities/states, there are laws on the books that state it is illegal to dress as the other gender in order to commit a felony. However if you are just crossdressed and are NOT breaking any laws, there should not be any issue, however check with the local hall of records to determine the exact wording of those laws.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi, I wasn't going to chime in, since this ground has been plowed over and over, but oh what the hell. As far as I know, and I have done some research, there are no laws that make it illegal to dress in the clothes of the opposite gender, whether m2f or f2m. There may be some laws, as Kandis stated, that make it illegal to go about "in disguise" in order to commit a crime, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Really, if any one has some citations regarding a particular statute and/or ordinance that is still on the books in some jurisdiction or other, it would be so interesting to see it. So far it all seems like rumor of the "I heard..." variety.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

It is not illeagal unless you are completely trying to disguise yourself in order to avoid confrontation ( usually the law).

If crossdressing was illegal every GG (i.e. real, genetic girl) would eventually be arrested. Every time they wore a pair of Levis 501 jeans they would be crossdressing. All you gotta' do is see which way the fly goes, left over right or right over left. Same thing for shirts, t shirts, etc., etc.
    Just my $.02
    Joni

sounds like gun laws, they vary widely from one state to another so oregon is ok but denver only has toilets now

seems there's precious little interstate crossdressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    If crossdressing was illegal every GG (i.e. real, genetic girl) would eventually be arrested. Every time they wore a pair of Levis 501 jeans they would be crossdressing. All you gotta' do is see which way the fly goes, left over right or right over left. Same thing for shirts, t shirts, etc., etc.
    Just my $.02
    Joni
    not so... every pair of jeans i own are either womens or JR sizing and ALL are made just like mens in the fly... the difference lies in the ZIPPER and how its attached... not the flap.. only womens blouses and only old ones to boot are backwards..

on a technical note.... \\

mens 510 levis only differ to womens variation in the over all rise of the waist to crotch seam... all other aspects are same when compared size for size... womens are 7.5" of rise... mens are 9.5"
    Last edited by nikkijo; 10-22-2009 at 01:06 AM.

I've crossdresses for years in Kentucky, Mississippi, and Virginia. I've never had any issues.