Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crossdressing is illegal

its far from illegal... the portland area is probably next to san fransisco the most liberal area of the USA... hell i very obviously underdressed today looking at waste clinchers and mini skirts for a cosutme im doing.. not a single issue and heck in rave at lloyd center i even got a nice comment on how the overall outfit looked i was trying on... and from a very beautiful and polite female to boot.. so i say forget your friend shes' definately wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]"Appearing in public dressed as the opposite sex" was illegal in Denver, Colo in 1975. I still have the summons.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It was repealed late in 1988, but I am still a little gun-shy of dressing there. That night in jail just does something to you....[/SIZE]
    Tamara, come back!!! We have indoor plumbing now and we have paved some of the streets. We still let the cattle wander though so no open toed shoes
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Tamara, I wonder how many women in Denver in 1975 were arrested for wearing clothes intended for men? They might as well have said MTF crossdressers will be arrested.

It is not illeagal unless you are completely trying to disguise yourself in order to avoid confrontation ( usually the law).

If crossdressing was illegal every GG (i.e. real, genetic girl) would eventually be arrested. Every time they wore a pair of Levis 501 jeans they would be crossdressing. All you gotta' do is see which way the fly goes, left over right or right over left. Same thing for shirts, t shirts, etc., etc.
    Just my $.02
    Joni

sounds like gun laws, they vary widely from one state to another so oregon is ok but denver only has toilets now

seems there's precious little interstate crossdressing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

You're NOT worried, Michelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle-Leigh View Post
    [SIZE="4"] I see that thing in the OT as just another of those nit-picky little rules of Moses', such as the one against eating pork..... And neither I nor any others, church-going or not, are going to give up our sausage, bacon, and NC pork BBQ ![/SIZE]
    About dying of tricanosis and going to that REALLY WARM PLACE for eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Shaft View Post
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe in some parts of Norfolk in the UK cross dressing is compulsory!?
    I'm VERY curious, Amanda. How do u pronounce Norfolk?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ummm, Reallity check time

About the passage in Deuteronomy. Deuteronomy is part of The Law that was given to Moses on Mount Sinia. (remember the movie?) The Law was intended for God's chosen people-the Israelites. so unless you're Orthodox Jewish, then The Law doesn't apply to you. Doubt it? Ask a Rabbi
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

It's funny to me, and possibly only to me, that, in America, they'll execute murders and let rapists get raped, but that's another bag of wolverines for another day, isn't it?

It's not illegal to wear something, it's illegal to wear nothing. Isn't that more amusing than some ignorant klaxon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm VERY curious, Amanda. How do u pronounce Norfolk?
    Hi Doc, it goes: Nawfu*k. Its a strange place swathed in mist and bogs known as 'The Fens'. Remember the film Lord of The Rings, when Frodo, Sam and Gollum are crossing the bog of the Dead Marshes, well its all a bit like that and strangley enough most of the folk there do show a very close resemblance to Gollum!
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

I've crossdresses for years in Kentucky, Mississippi, and Virginia. I've never had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Tamara, come back!!! We have indoor plumbing now and we have paved some of the streets. We still let the cattle wander though so no open toed shoes
    Didn't see any cattle during the D.N.C.

Wait, you moved the outhouse indoors?
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Shaft View Post
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe in some parts of Norfolk in the UK cross dressing is compulsory!?
    I thought in some parts of Norfolk marrying your sister was compulsory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

I suppose in reference to the passage in Deuteronomy, one could point out that everyone at the time wore robes, and no one wore trousers. Put another way, would anyone care to show me a picture of Jesus in trousers?
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]"Appearing in public dressed as the opposite sex" was illegal in Denver, Colo in 1975. I still have the summons.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It was repealed late in 1988, but I am still a little gun-shy of dressing there. That night in jail just does something to you....[/SIZE]
    yep i've met some very nice guys in there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not only is crossdressing perfectly legal in California, it's illegal to discriminate against us: Skirting the Law

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    If crossdressing were illegal in Massachusetts, I'd be serving three life sentences without parole right now. Considering I've walked right past police officers many times while dressed in woman's clothing, and I have been stopped while driving three times, the law has had their chance to arrest me if I was doing anything wrong.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachaelb64 View Post
    I thought in some parts of Norfolk marrying your sister was compulsory
    No sorry, but that's the rural parts of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. And the outskirts of Georgia.

old lesion new knowledge

so what i am getting from this tid bit of history lesion is cross dressing has been around for a very long time for it to be in the bible.

amy

Being arrested WHILE wearing a dress is certainly not equal to being arrested FOR wearing one.

There are thousands of reasons that she could have been arrested. It is very doubtful that it was based on what she was wearing unless she was being lude in public somehow in addition to being dressed.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

ah....fly?

Did I miss something...what was the comment about flies of jeans being left over right or right over left? I wear jeans of both genders all the time and haven't noticed any difference at all...did I miss something ?

tina

I am glad to have joined recently and to hear everyone's perspective.

any one seen the movie "for the bible tells me so"? it covers this subject and puts it to rest once and for all. I also eat pork. and go to church. episcaperians are very accepting. praise be to the almighty for he set me free. and i will follow in his shadow as best i can.
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    If crossdressing was illegal every GG (i.e. real, genetic girl) would eventually be arrested. Every time they wore a pair of Levis 501 jeans they would be crossdressing. All you gotta' do is see which way the fly goes, left over right or right over left. Same thing for shirts, t shirts, etc., etc.
    Just my $.02
    Joni
    not so... every pair of jeans i own are either womens or JR sizing and ALL are made just like mens in the fly... the difference lies in the ZIPPER and how its attached... not the flap.. only womens blouses and only old ones to boot are backwards..

on a technical note.... \\

mens 510 levis only differ to womens variation in the over all rise of the waist to crotch seam... all other aspects are same when compared size for size... womens are 7.5" of rise... mens are 9.5"
    Last edited by nikkijo; 10-22-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amymonroe View Post
    so what i am getting from this tid bit of history lesion is cross dressing has been around for a very long time for it to be in the bible.

amy
    Indeed, and way before that, ancient Greek mythology is full of crossdressing stories, for example Achilles was disguised as a girl by his mother to keep him out of the Trojan War...