Thread: starting over again with nothing to wear

starting over again with nothing to wear

I just moved to Wisconsin from down south and had to dispose of all my feminine atire what a drag . I couldnt bring anything with the chance too many hands were involved "inlaws, freinds, neighbors, childeren,ect"
    shopping is very challenged here plus the closest shopping is 49 miles away.
    I live in a town of 2000 people so I guess a pobox is going to be my next best freind.
    I never really realized how much I would miss the craving to endulge my Lanell side.
    also it doesnt help my window treatments are not up yet so the privacy thing isnt in existence. What to do . what to do?
    in this nowhere wisconsin i live which could be classified as the redneck riviera
    i would be afraid the type of dresser there would be here, like caoflage cammies.
    deerskin bras and panties you get the message.
    ANY IDEAS?
    Last edited by lanell; 10-20-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Alas

Hi Lanell, starting over can be a real drag. I live in El Paso and I always think longingly of places like Wisconsin where the weather is cool. Camouflage cammies and deerskin bra and panties? That sounds interesting, maybe you can start a trend.

Vieja

Hahaha. My wife is from WI so I know what your talking about!! Just go out and buy some pretty new things as long as they are green and gold you will fit right in!! (Go Packers!!) I heard the fish (and misquitoes) are biting this year! Lol.

You should have moved to Madison.. Very very liberal.. Door county is really pretty...
    at least if you can't dress you can go sight seeing!

I'm seriously craving a brattworst right now and some cheese curds!
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-20-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by lanell View Post
    I just moved to Wisconsin from down south and had to dispose of all my feminine atire what a drag.
    That's one of those pun-type jokes I keep hearing so much about, isn't it?

A word of experience - a lot of Internet businesses will not ship to a PO box
    Sorry to hear of your moving induced purge

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Just another 'Gurl'
    I would go the Po box route. While in the active army I used a PO Box, which Frediericks and Victorias would ship to with no problems.
    Just another man in a dress

Next time you move try a locked trunk, they are cheaper than starting over. Sounds like you need to plan some Field trips alone far from home, for shopping. Small town PO box may not stop small minds talking. But major Dept. stores will ship to you with out listing whats in the box, such as Sears, JC Penny's, Target, and many more that look Innocent enough.
    Tina

Banned Read only
    A way around this is a P.O.Box with a private mail store. You often get a box number and a street address...

Hope this helps....... it's where I buy mine!

http://www.shesafari.com

Gut the moose outfit!!

Hey AStephanie,I clicked on the link and didn't see any cutie with their arm in a moose or deer up to their armpit! Those are the clothes for a girl to fit in with..from Maine to the West! Annie Oakley rides again.

mayb by starting over you got rid of some clothes that were holding you back. what the hell bought u to W anyway?

Smile

Hi Lanell!
    I can appreciate your problem. I too have moved to Wisconsin from the beautiful city of Chicago where shopping was never a problem.
    Most of my femme purchases have been made on-line with no trouble. I have discovered a wonderful source for shopping at the Fox Valley Mall in Appleton. I know it's a bet far from you but in really does offer a lot of choices for us girls.
    I hope this helps a little.

Insdie the locked closet Karynl's Avatar

Lightbulb

caoflage cammies.
    deerskin bras and panties you get the message.
    ANY IDEAS:
    I don't think you will find deerskin bras and panties but I know you can find the camo cammies as well as camo bras and panties in the sporting goods department at Mills Fleet Farm They have Blaze Orange too No, I don't own any.

You will survive, and Appleton, Oshkosh, Milwaukee and Mad-town are just road trips away!!

Welcome to WI. Been living here all my life and don't know of another state I would rather live in.

Karyn

Wisconsin Is NOT THAT BAD!!

Like I said, It's not that bad!! We have two seasons:Shoveling and Swatting!!
    Mosquitos the size of small birds and snow/cold up to your bum! Of course I live near Milwaukee, which in the summer is pretty cool with all the festivals(Church, Ethinic, Music-Summerfest) But winter can be harsh and this past summer only lasted about a week!! About 2/3 of Wisconsin is rural farm land and woods, and yes Madision is more liberal than Milwaukee. Your a true Wisconsinite if you have at least 1 Packer piece of apparel, and know what a F.I.B. is, know the difference between Bratwurst and Italian sausage, know the four food groups are: Beer, Brats, Cheese, kringles/punchkies(sp), know where the Water Park Capitol of the world is(Wisconsin Dells) and grown up with summer vacations going 'up nort'!!
    So, for those who haven't been here, don't knock it til you;ve been here, then knock it!!!
    Sorry, lost my head for a moment, that Brett Favre/Vikings thing still messin' with my head!!! Most of the decent shopping is here in the southeastern part of the state, although Appleton has the largest mall in the northeast part of the state, The Fox Valley Mall, it's as big as some in my area. Most small towns are lucky to have a Wal-mart nearby and that's about that. So best of luck with shopping online.
    Last edited by scherylnmke; 10-20-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Went off on a rant!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insdie the locked closet Karynl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scherylnmke View Post
    Lik !!!

Your a true Wisconsinite if you have at least 1 Packer piece of apparel,
    Got my Packer jammies!

and know what a F.I.B. Know that one, and when they give us back the left lane I will refrain from calling them that. Do you know what a Mud Duck is?

and grown up with summer vacations going 'up nort'!! I didn't have to go up Nort for summer vacation, I grew up there (Hayward).

So, for those who haven't been here, don't knock it til you;ve been here, then knock it What's to knock? How many other states have not one but two fresh water oceans? Well, you can't see across them, so they must be oceans.

Karyn
    wow 8 posts, I am on a roll. That would be 4 a year.

Gold Member
    I just moved to Wisconsin from down south and had to dispose of all my feminine atire what a drag .
    Actually, it is the lack of drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    Hi Lanell, starting over can be a real drag.
    Yes, it should be a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Next time you move try a locked trunk, they are cheaper than starting over.
    I did this, but my one advice is to buy something solid. Where I lived last, I was in my underdressing and nightwear phase. So everything I had could fit into this metal filing cabinet I had and could lock. So when we moved, I just bagged everything and put it back in the cabinet (didn't want pieces falling out the sides). Well, when I arrived in Utah, everything went in storage for a little bit and I was staying in someone else's house and couldn't have the clothes around. But as soon as I bought a house, I went and grabbed that bag. That weekend, my family helped me clear the storage unit. The locked file cabinet was picked up and dropped and the drawers popped open. One of those near misses (and I don't mean being partially dressed)! So stick with something like a foot locker.