Thread: Will you live longer?

Will you live longer?

My stress level is "0", I look years younger than my counterparts, so i was thinking.........

Alright, everyone knows the life expectancy of women is greater that a mans.

And both men and women have inherit-ably different health issues.

However if a man acts and feels feminine, dresses feminine,
    takes care of his health, will he live longer than if he lived as a mans man, ruff, tuff, and hard to bluff.

Food for thought.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

ANYONE who takes care of themselves is likely to live longer than one who doesn't. So I suppose that you could in fact say that yes ( if he takes good care of himself) a man who cross dresses and acts feminine could in fact live longer than a manly man who doesn't take as good care. The key words here being "takes care of his health". Cross dressing and acting feminine in and of itself, I shouldn't think would make a difference. Just my
    Kelly
    Last edited by kellycan27; 10-20-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    .... Cross dressing and acting feminine in and of itself, I shouldn't think would make a difference. Just my
    Kelly
    True kelly, however there are so many things that go along with CDing ... trying to be thin, (weight control) ... keeping body toned to prevent "bat wings" under your bra, ( exercise at the gym ) ... basic skin care ( makes foundation go on easier ) and the list goes on.

So while crossdressing in and of itself may not contribute to a longer life, the requirements of making a good presentation of yourself mean taking care of yourself , ... means good health, ... means live longer.

I just don't see any downside to this. Except for my very thin wallet.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I vote that anything that makes you happy helps you live longer!

VS Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss View Post
    True kelly, however there are so many things that go along with CDing ... trying to be thin, (weight control) ... keeping body toned to prevent "bat wings" under your bra, ( exercise at the gym ) ... basic skin care ( makes foundation go on easier ) and the list goes on.

So while crossdressing in and of itself may not contribute to a longer life, the requirements of making a good presentation of yourself mean taking care of yourself , ... means good health, ... means live longer.

I just don't see any downside to this. Except for my very thin wallet.
    I did say cross dressing in and of itself ...... The things that you mentioned that cross dressers do to maintain themselves fall into what I would call taking care ... healthwise. Which as I mentioned would be benifical to cross dressers as well as non-cross dressers.
    Anyone who watches what they eat (weight control),exercises and generally lives a healthy lifestyle should enjoy a longer life span. I am not arguing with the OP..... Just giving my opinion that acting feminine and emulating a woman has little to do with it.
    Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Smile

I hope that crossdressing will prolong my life. I have found that it does relieve my stress level and it certainly has helped me in times of depression. There is also the added benefit of trying to maintain one's weight to be able to wear those beautiful femme outfits which were bought not to long ago.

Since desire to dress goes up with stress for me...I am sure it helps. Diet...definitely need and it is most likely to happen for this reason. skincare....on the way, lady at Sephora gave me stuff to try when I got foundation tonight (which contributed to that thin wallet comment above).

Only downside I can see is the anxiety attack right before getting out of the truck at the mall (dressed no makeup) . Sephora, Victoria Secret, and TGIF later...stress =0, sore feet = 2 (so much for thinking the heels were broke in completely). Live longer, more soreness. LOL.

Except for the dressing today being actually for fun instead of stress, that was just today...

Yeah.... I eat better and exersize more but with my luck I will probably die young in some freak lingerie accident....

"New Flash...... local transvestite is strangled to death when her corsett laces fail causing her bra to get tangled in ceiling fan.... video at 11"
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, dressing does help my stress levels. I do take care of myself better than many of my friends. So yea, I should live about an hour longer.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I will echo what everyone else is saying that with exercise and diet plus maintaining a low stress level will help. I will throw in natural supplements as well.

I gave up lifting weights, and decided to concentrate on cardio to maintain a slim figure, as well as calorie restiction, and it has kept my weight down. I could always go further, but so far so good. Calorie restriction has proven to prolong life, but then again so has consuming a glass of red wine daily, something I'm not in disagreement with

I think, that in a psychological level, CD'ing can be quite stress-relieveing/relaxing.....and as the old saying goes, "stress kills". A CD'er should have no hang-ups, thus be more at ease with one's self. Just think of the stress of someone who is guilt-ridden and hasn't come to terms with himself.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    On the other hand, the stress level for a lot of us is elevated - issues about CDing with wives/SOs, worried about being found out by family, co-workers, etc. That certainly is not good for the old ticker and the prolonging of your life. Sad, but true....

Recent studies have shown......

That the single most contributing factor to long life is genetics. Having said that, I would agree that there are many other factors that also contribute, including many that have already been stated in this thread. I just hope that when I do die, that I go to a place where I can wear a dress everyday and the shoes are always on sale!

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I really don't believe that who I feel I want to be has anything to do with what time I die.

Besides, how am I supposed to compare my lifespan? To other people? They aren't me. They don't have my body or my brain. So, really, it's pretty pointless. He lives to be 70, she lives to be 100, I die when I die. I know there's that fear of regrets on your deathbed (if you're lucky enough to get a deathbed), but I really doubt anyone wants to die, even if they think they do.

It's biologically contrary to our objectives to want to die. No one really wants that. Most people who want "death" just want a pain, either physical or emotional, to end and they believe death is ultimate painkiller. If someone gave them a guaranteed option to take the pain away without dying, they'd take that route. Or, at least, that's what I believe. I wouldn't honestly know; I'm not them, after all.

Besides, I could be the healthiest son-of-a-bitch in the whole damn city and still get hit by a bus, couldn't I?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My writing thread

Just to add, I think female life expectancy is longer because men generally don't take care of themselves as well as women. Men are more likely to drink, eat unhealthy foods, and indulge in more risky behavior. All things being equal my guess is both genders can live equally as long.

I would have to say it depends upon one's individual comfort level as well. CDing in itself can sometimes be stressful depending on one's situation.

Living longer

A CD accepting himself at 45...........before then he was always unhappy; so had higher stress level, use to drink with the guys, involve himself in risky behaviour, and was over weight...........then after accepting his CDing nature at 45 like i said earlier he suddenly becomes happier so stress level has reduced, stopped drinking, reduce the risky behaviour cos he might brake his femmy nails lol! then finally lost some weight.........from the little i know from the health care experts there is definitely going to be some improvement in his health conditions hence favouring longivity.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Just the stress part of health

Stress reduction has lowered my blood pressure a bit. Part of that is from having the release that crossdressing provides me and part is not having to hide it at home, so I should live to be 120. I think if I were still trying to hide it from my bride the stress level would be back up and I'd be looking to die next week.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Jayne
    However if a man acts and feels feminine, dresses feminine,
    takes care of his health, will he live longer than if he lived as a mans man, ruff, tuff, and hard to bluff.

[SIZE="2"]Are you sure? It’s not only health, or other people’s ideas of what health is, but also a question of common sense with a bit of luck thrown in. I mean, what good is acting feminine and being healthy when you don’t know enough to duck now and then? I subscribe to that old Taoist idea that you only have so many breaths to use – if you mentally and physically take things easy (I suppose spiritually as well ), it only follows that you will live longer. Laughter is another key ingredient for longevity, so always look on the bright side of life (thanks Eric). All of the above certainly works well for me – I look pretty good for a 553 year-old bag…[/SIZE]

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"] Laughter is another key ingredient for longevity, so always look on the bright side of life (thanks Eric). All of the above certainly works well for me – I look pretty good for a 553 year-old bag…[/SIZE]
    Frédérique,

Laughter, of course! Oh how could I forget.

Everytime I dress and look at the final product in the mirror there is no way I can take myself seriously! If laughter will help me live longer, I'd better dress every day because it does make me laugh, just a little.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Pay ball, keep your weight down for sports, no stress about dressing, and deal with the stress of life at the gym, I would think many non TG's do alright.
    Tina
    remember relive of stress by dressing only works if you are a Trans-person/Crossdresser.
    Tina

[Gender]Androgen[/Gender] lemonlover's Avatar
    People who are happy live longer, both physically and emotionally, i mean who wants to have a long boring life doing things society wants you, not preferring a LONGER HAPPIER and fuller (sp?) life! =)

A girl in the north east Jennylace's Avatar

having inner peace

when your at peace with people and yourself I believe you will live longer and to take care of your body and your mind is the way to live and perhaps they will issue pink wings at the gates of tomorow.

The mind is a very powerful thing. Having better mental health is very significant. If a person truly believes this is helping them its very possible it will. If nothing else being happier would be much more rewarding.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987