Thread: Ex's outing you...

Aspiring Member

Ex's outing you...

...so, several of you have had tales of the ex's outing you to friends and family. As of lately, the ex and myself have been going through some trials. The ex happened to out me to her grandmother. Well, her grandmother calls me the other day and asking how I was doing then says "I have to ask you something?" She then proceeds with "how come i put on make up and dresses and go out? Giggling, she says Do you like it? So, my response was "yes, as a matter of fact, I do" Then I get the response I'd never expected. She says, "you should come over, I can show you how to put on make up." She obviously was joking because she has no idea how I passable I look enfemme. She had always seen me in my manly male mode and cant picture the femme side of me. She is a very fashionable woman and carries herself in a very classy way. I'm quite tempted on taking her up on her offer. I had often wondered what it would be like crossing paths with her while shopping and if she would recognize me.
    Rachel

Rachel, I think you should...if she's okay with it. Why not? It might be strange having her do your makeup, but may be worth it just for the reaction/feedback from her. Sure would be a help having her on your side I bet if the rumors continue.

Kaylee3012
    I can really understand where you are coming from with the ex outing you, My ex did that to my whole friend network, it was not good,

But I think you should take that offer up!

Go on over!

Go on over....BUT. look your best!!! Let her study you for a good bit as it will show her that you are for real and not to be just played with.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Rachel, based on your pic it looks like you're doing a great job already! I'd be a tad suspicious (not knowing your past relationship w/her) but how much can someone in her 60s/70s help a much younger woman with makeup? Besides, you don't think it will get back to your "ex"?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.....

Definitely get yourself over there and let her teach you something. How wonderful that she cares about you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    Go on over....BUT. look your best!!! Let her study you for a good bit as it will show her that you are for real and not to be just played with.
    My wife told her grandmother, and she was fine with it, which helped my wife deal with it.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    I'd be a tad suspicious (not knowing your past relationship w/her) but how much can someone in her 60s/70s help a much younger woman with makeup? Besides, you don't think it will get back to your "ex"?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.....
    You would be surprised how much a woman in her 60's could teach a youngster, they saw the great years of the 70's and 80's when we where doing a lot of fun things with make up and fashion. and many of them that have been out in the work world have stayed up to date on those things. after all 60 is said to be the new 40!
    oh and at 60 to learn to hide a lot of flaws!
    Tina

My wife has 'outed' me to numerous people in the past. She has also 'outed' me to our church. To this day there are still people who will not speak to me or look me in the eye. Others I guess have accepted me but do not condone what they think I 'did' even though I'm guessing they don't know what I still 'do'.

Rachel, It seems that Grandma maybe one of the girls. Seems like an opportunity to get 'one over' on your ex

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee3012 View Post
    I can really understand where you are coming from with the ex outing you, My ex did that to my whole friend network, it was not good,

But I think you should take that offer up!
    Those that are truely you friends won't dump you. And the others, not worth losing sleep over. I haven't come forward about my Cd'ing. But with all the work I put into my costumes EVERY Halloween hasn't been noticed then I have stupid friends. My friends aren't stupid. And none of the have changed their attitude towards me one iota.

Aspiring Member
    If she was serious, I'd take her up on it Rachael. Heck, if it goes good, you may end up with a friend; an understanding friend. What do you have to lose?

Go and lets as know what happens.

The question I would ask is why the Ex outed you. Was she looking to get another opinion on accepting the whole thing, or being a bitch ( you did say you've been having issues recently)? I would try to find that answer first. Then, talk to Grandma (as a guy) and get a better feel for what she's thinking. If you think she's serious about helping, go for it - just be sure about what you're getting into. Best case is that Ex outed you because she knew Grandma would be okay with it and wanted someone to talk to. I do hope that's the case.

That is the reason my wife outed me to one of her friends. It made it much easier for her to deal with. (And subsequently allowed me to start dressing again...)

Go over there. At least your relationship with her will be strong. Until I moved away I had a stronger relationship with my first ex's family than she did.

Aspiring Member

Clarifications

hey all, thanks for the input and comments. The grandma recently found out about our separation. She has been pressuring the ex as to why? The ex partly blames my femme side but I believe she was also being vindictive. Grandma had stressed how much she love me and missed me. I think her offer was just a way to let me know her unconditional love and acceptance. I most likely wont take grandma up on the offer.
    Rachel

go for it rachel what have you got to lose, how about take her
    some flowers or chocolate.

good luck
    carolyn xx

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel M View Post
    Grandma had stressed how much she love me and missed me. I think her offer was just a way to let me know her unconditional love and acceptance. I most likely wont take grandma up on the offer.
    Rachel
    I would at least visit her, since that's what she wants. While visiting you could show her a few pictures so she really understands. I find that people don't really "get it" until after they've seen pictures.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel M View Post
    .......I think her offer was just a way to let me know her unconditional love and acceptance. I most likely wont take grandma up on the offer.......

I wouldn't either, but I would surely stay in contact and visit. She sounds wonderful. Maybe you can show her a picture.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Sounds like an open invitation and I would take here up on it.
    she called you and hopefully always enjoyed your company
    it will be a wonderful experience.

Its nice that she loves you, if you don't go over stay phone buddies and who knows maybe down the road

Remember Halloween is coming up that could be a reason to try it.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne