Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever forgotten that you're dressed?

Ever forgotten that you're dressed?

This is really a question aimed at us closet girls or I suppose anyone that doesn't want their neighbours to know that they dress.

Anyway, as often nowadays, here I am working at home and dressed. It's one of the advantages of those days where I work from home. Anyway, the post arrived, just a few letters through the post box, nothing unusual and this got me thinking, what if something needed signing for. Well normally the doorbell would ring and I'd answer the door, sign for the package, no problem. But that would be when I'm en drab, not so easy when dressed.

Now the thing is, and the point of this thread, is that I'm feeling more and more comfortable when dressed to the point of being slightly concerned that if the door bell did ring, I'd just answer the door without giving a though as to how I was dressed. In other words not the action of someone who is trying to stay in the closet. I must add here that as I don't yet have a wig so I'm not at all convincing.

Anyway, this all has me thinking has anyone else just forgotten that they were dressed and answered the door in such a situation only then to realise that they were en femme, and of course how did you explain it away?

To date, this situation hasn't happened. It's just something that has been running through my mind today.

I answered the door to the postman last week while wearing a denim skirt and tights. I had a normal male t-shirt on my top half and decided I couldn't be bothered changing into my jeans. Not sure if he even noticed, and if he did he didn't seem to care!

Not sure what I'd have done if I was femme on the top half too!

Caught

I have not answered the door when I was dressed, but I did have another situation I'll mention. One time I was staying in a motel, I was partially dressed enfemme when the door opened and two men stepped in. I had on my bra, panties and stockings, I screamed "GET OUT". They apologized, laughed, then went out and closed the door. Apparently the desk clerk accidently was unaware the room was already occupied. I was embarrassed but nothing further came of it.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I have to cross the road to get to the mailbox. About 50 yards. Several times I have forgotten and walked right over the the mailbox. I realized this when I was halfway there. I figured I would be noticed more if I was seen running back to the house, so I just went ahead and grabbed the mail. I don't know if I was noticed but I haven't heard anything.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

forgetful

I have not remembered to change glasses at times and my 'girl' glasses are definetly feminine. I have left on jewelry such as leather band watch and wedding band sets as well. Must be getting old.
    joank
    Southern California

I haven't forgotten, I just don't bother sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie R. View Post
    I have not answered the door when I was dressed, but I did have another situation I'll mention. One time I was staying in a motel, I was partially dressed enfemme when the door opened and two men stepped in. I had on my bra, panties and stockings, I screamed "GET OUT". They apologized, laughed, then went out and closed the door. Apparently the desk clerk accidently was unaware the room was already occupied. I was embarrassed but nothing further came of it.
    See, i would have said, "Well hello there!"

YES! Last year I had gone to work dressed as a renaissance wench and had fun doing it, but the next day I was dressed in a mini skirt and blouse sitting in the recliner and fell asleep. Well somewhere in that time a female co-worker came to the door doing door knocking for a candiate she was supporting and rang the bell. I jumped up not thinking about being dressed, make up, nylons and wig and answered the door. Ooooooops LOL I told her I was off to another party and she accepted it, kind of. Anyway now I work as a female so I think she probably has figured it out.

Teri

heart pounding!

the answer is yes and it just happened. I'm home alone and I dress en femme in the morning. I change in the afternoon before the school bus arrives. I live in the country so I can walk my dogs in the adjoining fields without having to change. I just have to be alert to other users who are infrequent.
    So this morning I am doing home maintenance, putting up new doors. I walked out of the house into the garage to retreive the next door and as I walked into the open garage doorway, I was mortified to see a municipal vehicle in the driveway. I did a hyper-fast 180 and fled into the house. It was the meter reader and I have no idea what he saw or didn't.
    Now that he's gone, I'm here writing it out to help the panic subside.....

I always have to remind myself that I am clumsy, and forgetful. Mistakes are inevitable but it doesn't lessen the panic reaction......
    Back to the doors.... ciao...

Forgot? Yes!!!!!!!!!

I was wearing women's jears & tucked & decided to get some new VS undies. I totally forgot that I had french nails on & 1" hoops in my ears. The SA looked at me funny & I figured that she saw the women's jeans & I was tucked. When I went up to the counter to pay for the undies, I realized that I had the nails on & I was definately in boy mode. (No makeup or bobs).

suddenly confused...you "forgot" what you are wearing?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar

yep, i've forgotten

I don't have a 9 to 5 job, weekends off like most people so I dress quite often while my wife is at work, she knows and has no problem that I dress.
    Dressing as often as I do I at times forget that I have my makeup on. polished fingernails,toenails and usually casual feminine attire, I don't always wear a wig if I'm home alone since I don't want to mess it up with certain projects so I fix my hair in a girly manner. I have answered the door to UPS drivers and sales people, Some of the visitors have had a surprised looks on their face while others just state their business without any expression at all. When I have forgotten I was dressed I have freaked out a bit(ok, sometimes alot) but, heck, it's my house. get over it.

I have never forgotten when fully dressed, but I have had times when wearing just lipstick, nail polish or jewelry that it has slipped my mind.

I drove to my dad's one time and only remembered that I still had lipstick, a bit of eye makeup and long earrings on as I was getting out of my car at his house. I'd been like that all day so wasn't even thinking of such things when I left my house.

That could have been a disaster! I was able to wipe everything away with a moist towelette I had in the glove box.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Yard man

I was dressed and had been in a room upstairs unseen as my yard was being mowed. When I thought they had left I went down stairs and went to the living room window. As I was looking out not seeing anyone I thought the coast was clear, then he popped up from the flower bed right in front of me! He must have been pulling weeds. He didn't see me, but I had to run to the toilet as I didn't want my new panties to be stained! Scared the poop out of me!

kinda...back before I transitioned in 80 I spend every weekend and most evenings dressed. My wife and I went to the mall to buy a couch for our new home. We had supper, were sitting in our two bean bag chairs and she was tired...so tired she had to roll out of the bag. I was giggling with her and what she said I don't remember but she said something to the effect "We're going to get a couch!" and grabbed her purse and threw me the car keys and we left. It was a cool night so I happened to put on a wind breaker walking out the door. Walking into Sears about 30 minutes later was when I realized I might not be quite dressed for shopping as a guy. Wearing?...it was my favorite outfit at the time so I remember to this day... a baby blue satin peasant-cut blouse with shirred waist, white slacks and (if you remember them) a pair of tan earth shoes. I don't remember the under-dressing but I do remember I was wearing my forms but didn't take them out since my fingernails at that time were always pink on weekends and I was usually wearing makeup. We DID buy a nice couch tho....

Jenn

Never forgot when fully dressed but I did get half way to work before realizing I was wearing rings that where definitely not male, so I took them off and put them in the ashtray out of sight, thats when I realized my nails where pink. stopped at a 7-11 and bought tissues and polish remover and a donut in front of a bunch of heavy construction workers in getting there morning cup of coffee. I keep my hands in my pocket as long as I could but of course I had to pull them out to pay. And I have been out and looked in the rear view mirror, to find I still had on earrings a time or two.
    Tina

When out shopping en femme, I sometimes have to catch myself before accidentally heading directly to either the men's washroom or fitting room due to force of habit. Came dangerously close a couple of times before I had the proverbial "Aha!" moment .

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Most times, I just assume I'm naked until I look down and notice that I am in fact dressed in clothing.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Yes. I live near an airport and I am a big aviation fan. Most of the time we get the same planes here everyday, so its a real treat when a military plane shows up. One day I was sitting at home dressed when I heard the unmistakable sound of a C-130. It was not just any C-130, but an LC-130; These are the ski-equipped planes that do the missions to the Antarctica. I busted out of the house, got in the car and drove to the end of the runway to watch it. It was only when I go out of the car on the side of the road that I realized I was dressed
    Drumming, My other hobby

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've never been fully dressed and forgotten. I enjoy it way too much.

However I did answer the door once in bare feet with dazzling red nail polish. It was my brother-in-law wanting to show me the new weed whacker machine he had just picked up. I slid my toes under the area rug, maybe before he noticed. He's never mentioned it, but who knows?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

About two years ago while in the kitchen feeding my dog my wife comes running into the house very quickly and unexpectedly. I was bending over scooping up dog food and she comes by me very fast indeed. I hardly had time to react. You see I had a work T-shirt on and a bra underneath. The T-shirt was long enough to cover perhaps 80% of my panties. Had I been wearing another color than white that day I'm sure she would have noticed. I probably would either be separated or divorced by now had that been the case....

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah new
    Ever forgotten that you're dressed?

[SIZE="2"]Only in my dreams, darling. I’m too acutely aware of everything while dressed to let my guard down for even an instant. This heightened awareness has its own side-effects, too, including a feeling of energy I get that completely pushes fatigue aside. It sounds (or feels) similar to an adrenaline rush, but put forth in a feminine way, for the ultimate protection of the organism…[/SIZE]

Loves Pantyhose Melissa in hose's Avatar
    I forget that my toenails are polished. I have answered the door without shoes on. It is easy to do.

I have never forgotten that I'm dressed, but I have had to double check to make sure I wasn't. More than a few times I have gone in to the corner store to get coffee in the morning, and get the up-and-down look from someone. Not yet 100% alert, I have had to give myself a quick look-over to make sure I didn't walk out of the house wearing something not befitting of a Plumber. Its bad enough that I have to make extra sure not to show the stereotypical butt-crack.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I have answered the door with nail polish on and one time I was just about to set off for work when I noticed I still had nail polish on. Soon it won't be a problem though as I am transitioning and will be dressed everyday.
    living the dream