Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Blessing or a Curse?

A Blessing or a Curse?

They say the longer you live, the more comfortable you are in your skin, and I think that applies to us too. When I was younger I went through periods of denial, revulsion, purges of all my girl clothes, etc…why me? I don’t know when the turning point was, but now I’ve come to accept and embrace my crossdressing as a wonderful gift giving me insights into a woman’s world, I’ve made great friends who share a unique connection, and when I see an attractive woman, I smile to myself and think, “I know what it feels like to wear your wonderful clothes!”

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's not unlike so many activities where once you know the inner workings there is so much more to appreciate. I loved looking at women before I really explored and eventually accepted my crossdressing. I love it even more now. The activity is so much more complex and has more levels of meaning every time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

A gift and a curse... I watch too much Monk....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    With me, it's a total blessing. I feel so good - blessed, actually - that I am able to do what I do. Are there negatives? Sure, I guess. The positives more than outweigh them, in my book.

Kathi

After almost 60 years of dressing, I don't see it as a curse or a blessing, it just is, just another part of what makes me, me.
    Tina

Smile Windy

Windy,

I want to thank you for being a source of great encouragement to me over the years. You are a solid and wise sounding board, source of good advice, and one that epitomizes what cding is: joy, peace, fulfillment, balance, encouragement, happiness, influence plus daring.

I don’t know all your trials (which we all bear) but you radiate contentment. A cder with contentment is rare. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, concerns, joy and insights from your journey. I too now, enjoy my cding as a gift.

Oddly, I don’t have many opportunities to help men but it seems I have unique opportunities as a cder to help (fellow) women by relating, empathizing, understanding, listening, sharing, loving, valuing and giving.

Windy, thank you.

Smile A Blessing or a Curse?

I've struggled with that question for almost 60 years. After many purges and much denial, I've come to accept that I cannot change what is essentially me.

Both!
    To Thine Own Self Be True. . .

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    One BILLION percent BLESSING. No question about it.

Blessing,

I get to be bi polor and dont need drugs to cure it

Most people say things like, if I could be someone else for a day. I am 2 separate and completely different people. How cool is that!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I consider it a blessing, to be able to see life from both sides, so to speak...at least in a way. And a curse in that it isn't socially accepted, though progress is being made, however slowly...and also how much I spend on clothes, and makeup, and shoes, and accessories, and so on....

Still, to me, a blessing over all. Certainly, if I had a choice, I wouldn't change who and how I am. <Cue the music: "I gotta be me....">

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

It is also a blessing for me. Since I am a late bloomer and not in a relationship (drats!) I have not yet experieced the downside, if there really is one, of this side of me. Good question Cissy.

Oh, by the way, I am one of those contented ones too.

I struggled with this question a lot of years .
    I now know that I AM GENDER BLESSED

A curse in that the desire it out of my control. There are times when I wish it would just go away but it refuses to behave. A blessing in that fact that I love being feminine. Life would be boring with it. The benefits out weigh the downsides by a long shot. I have come to accept what I am.

I am at peace within myself.

We are blessed beyond reproach.

We are all very fortunate to be able to live this way, only a small % do and not all of them are as open about it as we are here.

Unfortunately I would say they look upon cd/tg as a curse, we can hope they will find guidance and comfort.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

when I was younger, cding would hurt.hurt my relationships, hurt my
    masculine disposition which I still think we all have.hurt my brain with this
    constant contradiction; what is male about wearing pantyhose and a
    pad, bra and makeup?over time the contradiction went far away and I am not bothered
    any more.It (cding) is as glorious now as ever but without the guilt.

one of my co-workers asked me the other day if I was wearing
    lipstick and my answer was yes....dana.

I look upon crossdressing as being neither a blessing nor a curse, it is something that is. I accept myself for what I am. While I am comfortable in my own skin I do wish it had fewer wrinkles.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

ha yeah good for you drushin. i lack the guts really but sometimes i will go to sleep without removing any makeup, just let it get messy and all the next morning and forget about it. it feels nice despite the initial humiliation i get at the giggling when i walk by.

agreed trannie t, it is what it is to me. trying to go for a blessing or a curse just leads to more doubt and pain right?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Blessing? NO, absolutely delusional for me, denial and rationaling... a curse... YES, it would take 3 pages to explain my background, history of CDing and theharm it has done . I can't turn back the past abd I know I will stand ALONE on this curse issue on this thread even if others silently do agree with me. I've written lengthy responses to this in past years I'm not going to do it again. Give me my opinion and please without judgemental remarks.
    Sadly... a curse

Megan

it is more harmful for me to not accept myself. i wouldn't judge or disagree with you friend but i am interested in reading those three pages so i can better understand how you mean.

Christinek,I like that! the next time someone wants to know why I crossdress I can tell them it is a bi polar condition and there is no drug that can help it.Thank goodness there isn't. Seriously though ( who the heck wants to be serious) I have sometimes regarded it as a curse because dressing takes away from time that could be used for other things, but whose to say that that time I spend enfemme is not good for my overall health and well being anyway. Whew we are grtting a little too introspective here. "Lighten up Frances"

Was curse, now mostly blessing

When I first started CD'ing as a teen, it was a terrible curse. I thought I was terribly perverted for wanting to wear my mom's bras. After every time I did it, I pledged to myself that I wasn't going to do it again. But I did. I couldn't (or maybe deep down didn't want to) resist the temptation.

After I moved out, I didn't dress anymore. I put it down as a teenage phase. I said to myself, "I've gone 10 (or more) years without dressing - I'm defintely not a crossdresser!".

Then, during a very stressful and depressing period in life, I remembered the pleasure I received from CD'ing. I thought "what do I have to lose" - and ordered a bra and foam forms. Just thinking about getting the package lifted my spirits. I enjoyed putting on a bra again. But I still felt alot of shame.

My journey of acceptance began when I found this group. Reading about people who accepted themselves has gotten me to mostly accept myself. I'm still in the closet, but at least I'm comfortable with myself.

P.S. Thank you Windy for this thread (tried to message you but your box is full).
    Last edited by BaliGirl; 10-23-2009 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Added thank you that could not be sent privately

100% Blessing. Everything about who I am is a blessing. Only when I mis-use anything I do, does the mis-use of it become a curse. Not the wonderful part of who I am.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

It has to be both - and as much pain that it has caused in my past, I would not change it for the world - I now accept and love who I am.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Aspiring Member
    For me, crossdressing involves such phenomenal pleasure and joy.
    For me, crossdressing also involves pain and emotional turmoil.
    Blessing and a curse, at least for now...