Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family resemblence

Family resemblence

After dressing and looking in the mirror, does anyone else see a resemblance to either your mother or a sister? Sometimes when I get dressed and look at myself it's like looking at a picture of my mother when she was the age I am now. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this.
    XXXBelinda

That has been talked about before, and yes I am one of those that sees a strong resemblance to my mother, and it's funny in drab I don't see it at all.
    Tina

Dressed totally enfemme, I really look like my sister. Thankfully, I think my sister is very attractive.

Spitting image of my mother.. My brother even mentioned it when I was up visiting a few weeks ago... Right after my sister asked me what kind of dress I was wearing to the wedding? Lol. Me thinks everyone knows they just haven't told me!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When wearing my red wig< I would say I'm a twin to my younger sister. I never noticed this until I got this wig and saw myself in full make up with it on. The resmblence is so strong it's little scary at times.

Well, I showed my mother pictures of me when I first started and she said that I looked just like my sister. Something sis would have died of embarrassement over. And when I finally transitioned to full time when I went to see my sister for the first time she was so stunned by the resembelence to our deceased mother standing on the doorstep she actually staggered back. So, yah, the family resembelence can be stong across the genders, I'd always resembled my mother than my father. Though I got his good hair and not the receeding hair line my mom's side had. whew!

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I look like one, maybe two, of my sisters. My sisters have another sister and they don't even know it.

Yes

... and unfortunately it's my MOTHER that's looking back. And that my friends is lousy carma

Kerry

My characteristics follow my fathers side. Including the white hair at age twelve. But we still have it.

yes i look just like my sister that is 13 months older then i am

I didn't think that I looked like anyone in teh family when dressed up. However, the other day I was trying on a wig at a beauty supply store and all of a sudden I saw my sister looking back at me in the mirror with a big smile. Does that mean she will accept what I am doing if I decide to tell her??

I see my mother looking back at me in the mirror

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I am a clone of my sister.I have a very strong desire to come out to Her. I think she would understand.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

twins

I look alot like my mother.... We have the same nose.

Valerie's_Online's Wife Ariadne GG's Avatar
    My Val looks so much like one of his younger half-sisters, we've not met but I saw a photo of her the other day and couldn't believe it.
    She doesn't have to say she's faithful,
    Yet she's true, like ice, like fire.

Aspiring Member
    I never see a resemblance to my sister when in guy mode, but when I'm dressed fem see somewhat of a resemblance to her.

Gold Member
    I look like the family dog.

Seriously though. My family is one of those that has a lot of similarities among all of us. I grew up looking like my father but as I got older, I feel my appearance takes on more of my mother's characteristics. When I dress, I feel I lean more towards my older sister and maybe that is because of generational choices of clothing and styles.

I look a lot like my aunt, and much of that has to do with the fact that she is the same height as I am (5'10") and has the same body build that I do. There are also some facial resemblances.

My aunt was always a very stylish and fashionable woman when she was in her prime, and I tend to model my own style on hers because I always see her in the back of my mind when I look at myself in the mirror when "dressed".

I didn't really get to see her all that much in person while growing up because she lived overseas, but I do remember one memorable family visit when I was 16 and she was wearing the most gorgeous 3 1/2" black stilettos. Being an only child, my mother's clothes were the only game in town when I first began to experiment with crossdressing, but unfortunately, she didn't have nearly the wardrobe my aunt had. I had also long outgrown her shoes by the time the CDing "bug" had really taken hold of me.

When I saw those Size 10's of my aunt's, I just knew that I had to try them on at my first opportunity, which happened that same night after everyone had gone to sleep. I snuck them into the bathroom with me, slipped them on, and they fit as though they had been made for me! I couldn't get over how easily I took to walking in them, and must have spent about an hour admiring them in the bathroom mirror from all angles. I've been hooked on stilettos ever since (Tina Turner ain't got nuthin' on me!), and that defining episode has to rank among my most memorable crossdressing experiences ever .

DonnaT

After having my first makeover at BeAll I took a lot of pictures. When I got them developed I could see an amazing resemblance to my youngest sister.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

in some pics i do see my mum
    but not all
    funny really because its not something im trying for
    and the first time i saw it ,it was a shock

Well, I am on hormones and as I continue on I see a stronger and stronger resemblance to my Mother when I look in the mirror. She even commented herself when I saw her a while ago that I looked more and more like her side of the family (she doesn't acknowledge the fact that I am on hormones), so it must be true.

Thankfully I look my mom and her sisters

The first time I felt that I had done my make up good enough, I saw her looking back at me. I started to cry. I lost my mom when I was 10 years old.

I think she would've accepted me as a daughter.

I hope my dad is understanding when that day comes.

Love this thread.

I have some photos where I very much resemble my mother.
    Hugs, Carole

I see someone different

In a few of the photos I actually look like my father's mother. It's still a little unsettling looking at those photos, since she's been gone for over 20 years.