Thread: Coming out to a family member

Coming out to a family member

So last night my wife and I went to the Cedar springs block party in dallas. It was fun for the time we were there, watching all the people in their costumes. My wife was having stomach problems so we didnt get to stay to long. We went back to where the car was supposed to be to find out it had been towed.

I proceed to start texting people and end up having to call my mother to get a ride home so that we could get our bank cards to go get the car out. Well I was mostly dressed as a woman, no makeup or breasts. My mom was cool about it but she made me uncomfortable when she started calling her friends and telling them. She was cracking jokes about it all the way back to my house also.

Seems she is cool with it but it is still creepy that she got such a kick out of it.

My wife also found a pizza place called hungdingers that does a drag show and invited my mother to go with us.

Thanks for letting me rant about what shoulda coulda woulda been a good night but ended up not.
    Never thought I'd let a rumor ruin my moon light, well somebody told me you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend that i had in February of last year.

-The Killers

It could've been worse, she could have been outraged, angry and insulting. Having her being cool about it, and getting a bit of a kick out of it, could be a very good sign for the future for you.

She probably thought it was just a fun night out but if you want to come out to her this may be a way to do it. Tell her that you had such a great time dressed that you would like to do it more often. Whatever you do she seems to be taking it in stride.

Teri

After all you did say it was a costume event, so why would mom not think it was all just a lark? If you wear it like a costume, people will treat it that way.
    Tina

my mom did know i like to wear female under garments but now she knows it goes a little further than that. she really wants pictures of me dressed and wants me to do it again, but it is just a little creepy for me to think about it.

I do have to admit that i wasn't in makeup last night though.
    Never thought I'd let a rumor ruin my moon light, well somebody told me you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend that i had in February of last year.

-The Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    my mom did know i like to wear female under garments but now she knows it goes a little further than that. she really wants pictures of me dressed and wants me to do it again, but it is just a little creepy for me to think about it.

I do have to admit that i wasn't in makeup last night though.
    But I think that's great. You are going to get support from your Mother, what's not to like? Wish mine was as understanding.

thank you for the supportive comments, check out my post in the boy vs girl mode to see how i looked last night

-The Killers

So I talked to my mother today and she is at a friends house so i am helping her to trouble shoot and install software on her friends computer. When she called she said how is m little transvestite today, I said I am not a transvestite and then helped her with the problems. As we were getting off the phone I heard her telling her friend i am a transvestite again. She is really having fun with this but it is getting a little embarrassing for me and i hope i never meet her friends. I prefer to be called a cross dresser.

My mother-in-law on the other hand seems to think that me going out to the cedar springs block party dressed as a girl is going to lead to something like me being gay, i am guessing something happened in her life to make her think that way.
    I just don't know how to handle all this coming from to different sides like it is now.

-The Killers

You were lucky Aska, She could have told everyone and you know being a cd'er isn't all they tell.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Aska it really sounds like this is bothering you. I think its time to talk with your Mom about this. She sounds like she may be understanding but making fun is also a defense mechanisim many of us use when we are confused or worried by a situation. Go visit her at her house or better yet take her to dinner. Set the record straight. Tell her what this means to you, that you are not comfortable yet with her sharing this with her friends and most of all that you love her and her acceptance is very important. After that you will need to understand that just like our spouses it may take her longer to accept than you.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer