Thread: Going to try on wedding dresses tomorrow!

Going to try on wedding dresses tomorrow!

I've been looking for a used wedding dress for a few weeks now, but being in a fairly rural area (not many 2nd hand shops) plus being a size 18, I haven't had any luck. I've tried a few on that didn't have sizes marked and looked large enough, but didn't have any luck. It WAS fun, though, to be in a dressing room stepping into the dresses with yard and yards of train and layers of material.

I was out driving today and happened to catch sight of a vintage/used clothing store I had never noticed before. I stopped in (in drab) and asked if there was any chance that they would have a wedding dress in my size. I didn't mention anything about halloween as an excuse... I just let them think whatever they wanted to and probably assume that was the purpose.

The two women working there were wonderful and very helpful. They offered to let me try on what they had, but I didn't bother since the largest they had was a 14. After I thanked them and was leaving, one of them remembered that they had TWO larger dresses in a storage location. They are going to try to get them brought over sometime tomorrow.

So as it stands, she is going to call me when the dresses come in. I'm hoping I'll be able to go over tomorrow to try them on. If so, I'm going to go wearing PH, bra and forms, since I'd want to make sure the chest fits over the size forms I have. I think I'll even bring a pair of heels so I can try the whole outfit (though all I have right now is black heels ) Of course, I'll probably need some help from them getting things zipped up then helping me decide if they fit.

So now I'm excited. I may get a wedding dress after all! Even if I don't end up getting one if the don't fit, I'll have the fun of going over there and having their help trying everything on.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Good Luck

[SIZE="3"]Be sure to take some pictures.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Good idea, I hadn't thought of bringing a camera. I'll see if one of the women can snap a few pics of me when I come out of the changing room.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Hope you find what your looking for Christie. I sell new and used wedding gowns but don't have any 18's. One 20 new. Your still better off trying on the dress before you buy.

I am SOOOO jealous!

How fun! Hope they have one that fits.

Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Trying on werdding dresses is fun and exciting. You have to go to Davids Bridal or a bridal salon for a selection on your size and when I went I tried on a dozen on and glowed all day.