Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some encouragement

Need some encouragement

ive faced the fact that i have no guts but want to get some new lingerie and a few other things. I need some pushing to go out and get some. So Help give me the encouragement i need .

Just go do it girl. The worst part of shopping for our female clothing is ourself. We think all kind of bad things are going to happen, and guess what, they don't. I've bought numerous articles of intimate female clothing, and never had a problem. So buck up girl, and just go do it.

worst case order it online..that way no embaressing moments

Chances are the sales people will think you'r really sweet for buying you're SO a sexy gift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

As were getting near xmas it does get easier to shop... in all honesty sales persons are not interested as long as the money goes in the till... after all they dont know its for you..and you dont need to tell them.. they will assume you are getting it for your SO / GF .. .. for a bit of ease you could always say ..am i okay to bring this back if it does not fit her....
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]Alley, just walk in like you own the place and pick up what you need. The stores all want to make a sale. Go for it girl.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Don't even hesitate. Go shopping. The thrill of dressing to go shopping will be well worth it. If you don't want to dress in drab will also do. The SA's won't think twice about seeing you enfemme or in drag. They want to make sales. If it's high end shopping they get a commission. You can't get a commision if the customer doesn't like you and walks away. Go dressed, if your in drab you will have to use the mens changing rooms to try something on.

1. Go into a lingerie shop, like Victoria's Secret or Charlotte Russe.
    2. Browse as long as you possibly can....study everything with great detail
    3. If & when the Sales attendant asks if she can help you, you either tell her what you're looking for, or be like me and say "um, I don't know what I want yet"
    4. Pick anything and everything you want.
    5 Don't worry about the other store patrons...they need to mind their own business.
    6. Say as little as possible if you don't want to , except to ask questions to the sales attendant. They most likely will think you are buying for someone else.....but it's way more fun to get them to make assumptions about you. You can just flat out admit to admit that is it for yourself, as I have done before. I found this easier in the more exciting stores than in a Nordstroms, that is usually staffed by stuffy old ladies (the ones that do give you the dirty look) .

7. Bottom line is that sales attendants are the least threatening people on the planet, and I highly doubt they will call the police on you. Who cares what they think while she's ringing up that black sheer thong? Further the cause of crossdressers, and let people know there's a market out there for it. Remember...the customer is king/queen...whatever.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-28-2009 at 06:35 AM.

I say go for it too.

For me there is less nervousness when I shop in a big department store than when I shop in a boutique (not to mention more money left in my account afterward), but don't be afraid, don't be ashamed and if you are really concerned about being "spotted" by someone you know - shop outside your area.

Remember - people see what they want to see, so most will see a fellow doing some shopping for a gift for his wife/girlfriend. And don't worry if it looks like a crap gift, most men would have no idea and the dumb guy act has certainly worked for me in the past (in fact it often leads to useful advice from the shop assistants).

I used to have all kind of fear when shopping for femme articles, until I channeled that fear to a thrill of sorts, like you get from a roller coaster. Now it it's more of a kick to go shopping. I now have to watch myself sometimes, that I don't buy too much.

go for it... jump right into the pool and have fun...

It's just b4 Christmas so worst case you can tell yourself (or others) that you are getting a jump on your shopping.

The hardest part it doing it the first time, soon you'll be a pro and won't think twice about walking into VS and picking up that new bra you want.

Ok hon, here is what you do (and don't shout at me). Find a shop you like, in their find an SA you like the look of, then go straight up to her and tell her what you are looking for. Tell her in no uncertain terms that the lingerie is for you.

Then have fun

You'll be surprised
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

There's no encouragement necessary.
    Shop just as you've done it thousands upon thousands of times at every place you've shopped before and treat it as normal as can be.
    You don't have to explain why you're buying something go out and buy it.

With the economy the way it is, business are more than happy to have you spend money at their place and so they're going to do whatever it takes to get you to open your wallet.
    Be honest, friendly, and ask a lot of questions with the SA's and you'll be amazed at how helpful they are.

One thing I would suggest is to dress nicely so that you don't come across as pervert. That would mean, business casual, polo and slacks, and NO shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, hats, etc, etc.

Other than that, go out and help the economy.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

[SIZE="3"]I agree, it is getting close to Christmas. Just say the purchases are for a spouse or girl friend. Make sure you know your measurements.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    One thing I would suggest is to dress nicely so that you don't come across as pervert. That would mean, business casual, polo and slacks, and NO shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, hats, etc, etc.

Other than that, go out and help the economy.

Hugs!
    For god sakes no FLIPFLOPS!

Girlfriend there is nothing more depressing than raggedy underwear. Run don't walk to the store of your choice and spend some money. The economy is dependent on you!

I was looking for inserts this week and walked right up to a sales lady and told her what I needed. Luckily it's Halloween soon so I told her a bunch of us guys were dressing up...it still took a lot of guts and I felt much more confident after that.

If you need some practice shopping for those intimit items, actually go shopping for the SO/GF, buy a present or more even. However, before the Holidays are over make sure you have done all of your own shopping too. The more you shop for the other half the easier it is for you to shop for yourself. Enjoy yourself.

Hugs,
    Alice

You can do it...just push yourself to do it. It's worth it
    "It makes no difference whether the voices in their transformations have each other to depend on or not. Smooth them out on the whetstone of the universe (tian), use them to go by and let the stream find its own channels; this is the way to live out your years. Forget the years, forget duty, be shaken into motion by the limitless, and so find things their lodging-places in the limitless." ~Zhuangzi

"everyone here hates everyone here for doing the same thing that they do." - Less Than Jake

Are you old enough to have regrets about NOT doing things in your life yet? NOT having asked out the girl, NOT having taken the opportunity to go bungie jumping, NOT having taken the opportunity to go buy your own clothes?

If so - think about what a waist it is to not take advantage of opportunities before they are gone.

If not - you are about to learn.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

It is your decision, either go out and buy whatever you wish or stay home and whine.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

i agree with ras order online or go outta town and buy it good luck

Nervous

I was very nervous the first time I went shoppin, but believe me, it gets easier the more yu do it.

The hardest thing for me was 'The Fear Of The Fear' or 'What Will Others Think'.
    Once you get past that, and just go out and do it, it will get easier as time goes by.
    Just ask the girl at the checkout... 'Do you thing my lady will like these things for her birthday?' or something similar.
    ~~Sandy~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat2009 View Post
    ive faced the fact that i have no guts but want to get some new lingerie and a few other things. I need some pushing to go out and get some. So Help give me the encouragement i need .
    The others have said most of it, hun. I mainly shop near to where I work and no-one has challenged me yet. I go both en femme and in drab depending on the circumstances.

I let the SA's think what they want, but ask if I need help.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity