Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some encouragement

Aspiring Member
    You need to "just do it".
    Assuming that you are presenting as a man . . . If you are looking a nighty or perhaps even panties, you might get away with telling the SA they are for your SO. If you are looking for a bra, tell her it is for you and ask for help. Guys just don't purchase bras for women and she won't believe you anyway. It can be fun to get some help and if you are like me, you need the help.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Darling don't stress they want your money and you want to give it to them for the pretty things that we all need. I used to be terrified of shopping. No more. I do it en femme and en drab. Heck at the SCC I had a run in my hose and ran to target only about half dressed.
    Some tips.
    1. Be confident. You are not doing anything wrong. You get more attention by being timid than looking like you are doing.
    2. Talk with the sales associate and make it clear what you are looking for. If they don't want to help you find another. Its their commission.
    3. Don't hesitate to ask to try stuff on and take items back. Nothing is worse that finding a dress or top that you just love and you realize that it doesnt fit right after you get it home.
    4. Have fun. Embrace the experience and realize that you are doing what a lot of men only dream about.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post

6. Say as little as possible if you don't want to , except to ask questions to the sales attendant. They most likely will think you are buying for someone else.....but it's way more fun to get them to make assumptions about you. You can just flat out admit to admit that is it for yourself, as I have done before. I found this easier in the more exciting stores than in a Nordstroms, that is usually staffed by stuffy old ladies (the ones that do give you the dirty look) .

7. Bottom line is that sales attendants are the least threatening people on the planet, and I highly doubt they will call the police on you. Who cares what they think while she's ringing up that black sheer thong? Further the cause of crossdressers, and let people know there's a market out there for it. Remember...the customer is king/queen...whatever.
    Right on sister! We will not be accepted until we are proud about who we are and what we do. You are also right about sales associates. It seems younger ones are more helpful.

My favorite line to use when an SA asks if they can help meis, "not right now hon. I know my size and am just browsing." Trust me when you tell them this you will know how helpful they are really going to be. Some will run. Some will leave you alone and some will grab you up and help play personal shopper.
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-28-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: merged posts, please use edit function as multi posting is not allowed
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

first time

Just go out of town.. There are more of us buying than you think and every one of the SAs has sold us what we need. It's not all about you.
    Janet

Alleycat:

I'm new here and just getting beyond being able to shop for a pair of pantyhose or two. We - as a general society - have been so conditioned to the idea that men should never buy women's clothes. I am still recovering myself from this notion.

I am gradually building up my stamina and endurance by buying panties, camisoles, hose, etc. in large dept. stores. I've never had a SA ask if I was buying for myself and never said that I was. But I'm going to do it soon. I am kind of fantasizing about what it will be like to "out" myself that way. The rational part of me knows that it will probably be a little bit of a letdown.

Tricia is right - just go for it. Aren't you wondering what will happen?? You know they are just going to help you - as others have said, they want a sale and it doesn't matter if they are selling to a genetic female, a man, a CD, a martian or whatever.

It is such a rush and so much fun. I'm hoping that the thrill never quite wears off....
    [SIZE="2"]I want the things that make her womanly.....[/SIZE]

Today I went into Target with panties, tights, and my bra on underneath. I walked right into the lingerie section with no hesitation. No one has ever asked me a thing. I've had some older men/women stare at me, but in the past I've bought my wife stuff so to me it's no big deal. Trying it on there is my issue.

1 Ask if they gift wrap

2 Buy gift cards, then use them online. This way you can at least go into the store and buy something. Check the place out. I remember the first time I got the nerve to go into V.S. after I got in I felt better because I noticed there were a couple other guys in there to.

3. Ask for a gift recipt

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Blue View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Alley, just walk in like you own the place and pick up what you need. The stores all want to make a sale. Go for it girl.[/SIZE]
    she said it all right there
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia Blue View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Alley, just walk in like you own the place and pick up what you need. The stores all want to make a sale. Go for it girl.[/SIZE]
    I can't agree more with that.
    If you can go shopping with that kind of attitude, it doesn't matter what time of the year you shop and like I said before you don't have to explain anything.
    Just do it and you'll feel soooo much better.
    It's a piece of cake.

Hugs!
    Last edited by joann07; 10-28-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Wow, Thanks for all the support it does mean alot.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] Before I started going out shopping enfem I was fearful what people were thinking, but as my confidence grew I started taking things sandwiched between male clothes into the men's dressing room to try on. I can remember 1 shopping day at Macy's a few years ago out in male mode; I had become very comfortable out shopping by then. I had found a pair of women's jeans marked down from $85 to $15 and 2 tops for $3 each took them to the register stood in line and when checking out the clerk said,” Wow what a bargain, your wife or GF is going to love these." for which I replied back very quickly, "She better keep her hands off them they are mine." There wasn't a single word from the clerk but there were giggles from the women in line. Start off small find your line of comfort and push it a little each time out and soon you will just be 1 of the girls out shopping.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]