Thread: On the road

On the road

I will be traveling from central Washington to Seattle soon. I will leave the house in male mode. Any suggestions on ways to dress enfem after leaving the house? Then I will have to change into male mode before I get to the motel. Dressing in the car is not that appealing.

Good question Tina. On occasion I have dressed enfem under male cloths and then slip into a jumper which is easy to slip into in a car, remove pants and somewhat there. However, will be taking a trip next week and curious what answers are out there for this situation.

On the road

yes very interesting problem, all I caan see is wear fem things under male things and change into car and apply make up, my self have never had tod ress outside house,did onch ahve to change back to male but just pur male cloths over my fem ones.

I've tried dressing in a car and to tell the truth you just can't get your look right. Wait until you get to the hotel honey.

I've dressed into my female clothing several times and changed back to male in my car...even while driving. DO NOT DO THIS WHILE DRIVING. I'm lucky to be able to tell you that I've done it.

The best thing is to find a remote, quite parking spot in a lot....like a Walmart, grocery store, etc. I usually put my makeup on first, then change my shirt, put on my bra and then blouse. Put in forms. Youl could wear your bra under your shirt before you leave the house. This pretty well has you dressed where anyone could see you in your car. Be sure no one is walking by while changing into bra and blouse. Next, I slip off my shoes and socks, unbucle my belt and pants. Have skirt ready to pull on quickly. Take my pants off...I've left home already wearing panties. Quickliy pull the skirt up. Now comes the guttsy challenging part. When no one is around, step out of the car, standing between the door and your car, finish pulling up skirt, fasten and adjust, then sit back in the car. Properly done this should take no longer than30 seconds and basically, no one can tell what you are doing unless they walk up from behind...which you already checked for. I usually fasten and zip my skirt in the front, then twist around to proper position. You may want to put on your heels while out of the car...but you already look like the woman you want to be so there really is no big hurry after you have your skirt on and right. Get back into your car, pull on your wig and comb it. Apply your lipstick and be all the woman you can be. Congratulations, you've just morphed to fem.

If you have a plan like Paula suggests it should not be too difficult

Good Luck and have a safe trip
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Marie View Post
    Then I will have to change into male mode before I get to the motel.
    Why? I've checked in en femme many times with no problems. The biggest obstacle is your own fear.

Quote Originally Posted by GinnySmith View Post
    I've tried dressing in a car and to tell the truth you just can't get your look right.
    Hmm, well, it might not be ideal, but I've done it many times with pretty good results. After awhile you develop a system.

Quote Originally Posted by GinnySmith View Post
    Wait until you get to the hotel honey.
    That would definitely be the most convenient solution, but then you miss the fun of traveling en femme, which I love to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    The best thing is to find a remote, quite parking spot in a lot....like a Walmart, grocery store, etc. I usually put my makeup on first, then change my shirt, put on my bra and then blouse ...
    Choice of locations (travel rest stops are another option) and technique may vary, but you pretty much nailed it. Your two most important tips: 1) there's no need to be paranoid, but you should constantly monitor what's going on around you; and, 2) when you're ready to change clothes, have everything ready so you can minimize the time you're undressed -- it shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

One thing I would echo is prepping as much as possible before leaving the house, including underdressing, just for the sake of convenience and modesty. Of course, if you can't you can't.

[SIZE="2"]Hi Tina,
    Sometimes I will use the restroom in a coffee shop to change. If you can leave home underdressed as much as possible it will make it much quicker. You can also wait to put your skirt on until you can pull off the road in a quiet place. I love driving en femme on long trips and have never had any trouble even when I have to stop for fuel.
    Hope this helps you some, have a good fun trip!!!
    LOL Susan
    [/SIZE]

I've gone to the mall a few times to change in the Family Washrooms. They usually have private rooms for the families to deal with small children. The ones around me are clean and have huge mirrors and a sink.

Road side rest areas work real well if it's a not too busy time of day.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen
    The best thing is to find a remote, quite parking spot in a lot....like a Walmart, grocery store, etc.
    [SIZE="2"]I would be leery of most parking lots, especially Wal-Mart. Don’t forget that surveillance cameras are everywhere! My favorite place to change is in a cemetery – plenty of space, easy to find a nice, quiet location, and…well…no chance of anyone bothering you. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sherri
    Choice of locations (travel rest stops are another option) and technique may vary, but you pretty much nailed it. Your two most important tips: 1) there's no need to be paranoid, but you should constantly monitor what's going on around you; and, 2) when you're ready to change clothes, have everything ready so you can minimize the time you're undressed -- it shouldn't take more than a few seconds.
    [SIZE="2"]I usually have everything laid out within easy reach beside me -- I’ve changed on the road hundreds of times, and I can do it in a flash. Also, I have a fairly tall vehicle to hide behind (a Jeep), so that helps immensely. Dressed or not, your senses will be acutely aware of all that is going on around you, but it pays to be extra vigilant. I’ve never been noticed, even doing full changeovers on the fly, and I’ve doing this for years and years. I do as much as possible before leaving the house, but, in my current situation, I can easily leave the house completely dressed and ready to go (so I do)…[/SIZE]

I vote for the doing as much at home as possible, including makeup (to the extent you can leave the house and neighborhood comfortably), undergarments, skirt and top, or dress and then covering everything up with a baggy shirt and pants. You would be surprised how nothing gets wrinkled for that short of a period of time. Stop at a quiet area and finish up what you didn't accomplish at home. As previously stated, just keep an eye in your mirrors as yopu finalize your look. For me it is off with the baggy shirt first and then on with the wig. That completes the femme look quickly. Then you can finish up everything else as a women touching up makeup, etc. I also vote for checking into theh motel en femme if you are up to it. Unless you go there all the time as a guy, you won't have to worry about seeing them someplace else again in the future. Good luck and do let us know how it wall went.

It depends how big your car is. I always change in the car but there is plenty of space. I have parked and changed in many places and you just have to use your judgement as to how much you will be seen. In my experience people aren't that curious about what's going on in a car.
    One thing I would say is always be underdressed at least when you leave the house - avoid being naked while changing. If heaven forbid a cop should chance upon your secluded spot, he won't care that you are in female clothes but he would take a dim view of any display of the private parts.
    Once you have switched clothes you can relax applying make-up and brushing the wig etc. This is perfectly normal behavior for women in cars so you can do it in plain view.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

i guess i have an advantage over most, i change in the sleeper in the truck.

There are lots secluded back roads off I-80 between Ellensburg and Seattle. Underdress at home and you can quickly change clothes in the car and leisurely do your makeup. Why do you have to change back before checking in at the motel? If you are meeting friends or family that you are not yet 'out' to is a good reason, but if you are hesitant about facing a desk clerk have no worries, they have seen most everything.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Allie and Ruth are right. I wear jeans and a shirt. In my case I underdress in bra, panties, pantyhose. I wear a zip front shirt or jacket. Check all around and pop on my wig. Check all around (for video cams) and slide in my forms. Remove shoes and socks and add heels. Now I look like a homely woman in jeans. Do my makeup, add earrings necklace Etc. Still plain. Now I am a woman in jeans--most common sight. Head for my destination. If I feel the need to get into a dress I carry a bag into an unbusy women's room.

Due to my circumstances, I must change in the car and have done so many many many times. It's not ideal but it happens to be the best I can do short of spending good money on a hotel room every time I go out (which is something I'm not willing to do).

One has to be very careful, know their surroundings and keep your eyes open.

But...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    Now comes the guttsy challenging part. When no one is around, step out of the car, standing between the door and your car, finish pulling up skirt, fasten and adjust, then sit back in the car. Properly done this should take no longer than30 seconds and basically, no one can tell what you are doing unless they walk up from behind...which you already checked for.
    I have never had the need to step out of my car to finish pulling up a skirt, put on a dress, whatever. I think that's inviting trouble. I have managed to get into some fairly complicated outfits very creatively without giving the world a show (reclining the driver seat gets you pretty much out of sight).

Sure, I often step out when I'm complete, just to make sure I'm not looking so disheveled. But again, I think doing anything more than this is asking for something bad to happen.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

You could purchased a pair of light weight paper coveralls and wear them over your fem clothes . They don`t look great but I always carry them in case of emergency and have used them once with no problems .

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Changing clothes in the car is easy; I do it in a little Honda Prelude on Wednesday Nights for my weekly trips to Raleigh. Now applying makeup, false eyelashes, etc. is another matter - I still have to work out how to somehow get a small illuminated makeup mirror and hang it somewhere in front of me ![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I once changed into a skirt at a Park and Ride lot in downtown Fort Worth. Fortunately no one was nearby. I have also changed in my car at a rest area. The hardest thing is getting everything on straight.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8