Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Any of Your Guy Friends Revealed They Dress?

It is what it is

Have Any of Your Guy Friends Revealed They Dress?

I have had this theory for a while (among many others )... coupled with the statistic that 2 out of 10 guys crossdress (20%), and the fact that I have a pretty large network of guy friends, isn't it probable that at least 1 or 2 of my guy friends crossdress? Imagine, my best friend actually dresses, but neither of us know it, may have been at the same bar dressed and not realized it! That'd make life easier once it was time for the big reveal, if everyone found out, and then I have a friend message me (on here even ) to say that they are finally happy to have someone they know to share this thing with I would love to hear a story of this happening to someone!

Ha-ha, beware of what you read. From my experience:

Pretty much every guy has thought about it.
    1 in about 100 have likely done it once behind closed doors
    1 in about 1000 may have done it on halloween or a special occasion (i.e. in public)
    1 in 100,000 have likely done it in safe areas like gay or transvestite joints - at night!
    1 in 250,000 have actually been out dressed in a town or a City in daylight.

But I may be wrong
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    But I may be wrong
    I like to think of my self as one in a million, but i'll settle for being .25 in a million.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

no....I don't hang out with guys who do ...that Of course it hasn't come up in conversation yet...they just found out about me this week so we shall see
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lori!!!! You "outed" yourself to your friends? Brave Gurl!!!!

Addressing The Thread, let's use the more widely used predictions of around 5%. I think you can site Kinsey Studies and get that figure. Now that includes everyone, who has ever tried it, and probably the number of "practicing" CD's is a good deal smaller.

But, if we go with a 5% figure that means if you know 39 other males, (you would be statistically the first 1 in 20,) then one of those other guys is likely a TG Person. Two of you in forty? Not bad odds....guess you'll have to start investigating to figure out who your "Sista'" might be.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Are you kidding? I hang out with macho guys even though they like my femme self. They would never admit to it personally.

I found out a guy I knew since 6th grade crossdresses about 2 weeks ago. We might be going out dressed Saterday.

I have no idea as to the number of crossdressers there are but suspect the number is rather low. Most crossdressers do not venture very far from the closet and rarely out themselves to even their closest friends. Each one of us may know a few crossdressers, none of whom have outed themselves to us just as we have not outed ourselves to them.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

When I was having trouble with my wife I joined her with her therapist. The therapist ended up siding with me about the cd'ing and quoted that 25% of all men have done some form of cd'ing. That doesn't mean that they still do but they had to be curious. My guess is that peer pressure stopped the dressing and they are now afraid of that side of themselves.

I'm Out at Work...

I work for a large Fortune 500 company in the I.T. department. Most everyone knows I belong to the LGBT group at work and that I'm a CD. I have yet to have anyone contact me and say they do it too.

Even if you take a figure like 1% of the population is a MTF CD, that's 50 people for every 10,000 (5,000 would be female). So in a small town of 50,000 you would have around 250 CD's. Doesn't that seem like an awful lot? So even 1% seems high to me. Of course people could prove me wrong by coming out! LOL as if that's going to happen.

Someone mentioned the Kinsey Report and there were two books, no ongoing reports per se, they were: Sexual Behavior in the Human Male (1948) and Sexual Behavior in the Human Female (1953). Alfred Kinsey was more about sexual orientation and had coined the "Kinsey Scale" to reflect that.

There has never been an accurate count of TG within any community in the U.S. If you have any empirical research on this topic, I sure would love to see it.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I've always thought a few guys I know may also crossdress but I would not want or care to know if they did. It wouldn't alter my perception one bit but even if I found out I wouldn't start talking "shop" about it. I've always been in the closet and right now I want to keep it that way.

I know two CD's who discovered they were both CD's after knowing each other for 20 years! They even went on trips with their wives together without knowing. One of them disclosed to the other finally. From then on they went out together a lot.

As far as numbers go, it's so hard to tell because as a group, the various flavors of fetish-cd-tg-ts and variations of each are generally very closeted and secretive.

I live in LA, a metro area of about 10 million, and there's only one TG club, and my sense is that there are only a four or five hundred who go out to the club in a given year, a microscopic percentage of the population.

Then among those, only 10-15% of those go out into the straight world with any regularity.

I go to straight clubs, and I will occasionally see a TG/TS (that I can recognize with my trained T-dar), maybe 1 other besides me in a club with 100 women.

TS's may be more numerous in the outside world than CD/TG's.

Odd. At support group I met a cd from Detroit. Who worked for a major major corporation and was a member of the LGBT group. They were writing up a policy statement for the corp Human Resources Dept--hoping it would be accepted and implemented. Similar experience, I think. Cds are so secretive, seldom out themselves at work.

To my knowledge, none of my current male friends crossdresses, or at least has ever done it seriously. However, of the two closest friends I had as a child, both closeby neighbors, it turns out that both of them dressed from time to time at or before puberty. One of them is still pretty serious about it and I have seen him dressed a couple of times while out and about. Neither one shared this with my explicitly, though -- I found out through observation and from hints other people dropped about it.

Maybe it was something in the water in our neighborhood.

- Diane

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I work at a large hospital. I once saw a profile on URNOTALONE from someone who worked at the same place but I have never meet this person. He might not even work there anymore.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I don"t think any of my male friends xdress. However, there are a couple who wouldn't surprise me if they did.

New England, somewhere on the fringe of genderland

Brothers and they never knew !

I once saw a post (different site) from a CDr who met his brother at a TG event and they learned for the first time they both loved to crossdress ! I'm sure my brother never suspected the truth about me and for all I know he does it also. So , I would say there is a good chance even if a friend of yours is "a sister" you will never know. Sad, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post

Someone mentioned the Kinsey Report and there were two books, no ongoing reports per se, they were: Sexual Behavior in the Human Male (1948) and Sexual Behavior in the Human Female (1953). Alfred Kinsey was more about sexual orientation and had coined the "Kinsey Scale" to reflect that.

There has never been an accurate count of TG within any community in the U.S. If you have any empirical research on this topic, I sure would love to see it.

-Tracy
    Sorry Tracy, I didn't site my sources. It's been years since I read The material, and I'm not sure if it was within Kinsey's Original Studies, or later research done by The Institute.

What I remember reading is the figure 5%. I think there have been other studies that also support numbers around that percentage. However, there are others who quote much higher and lower figures, so you are right, it's a difficult assertion to make.

Kinsey and his followers worked by extrapolating raw numbers from their direct interviews. I haven't seen The Questions asked of respondents, nor data on The Totals, (although I seem to remember that they were well over 100K interviews.)

Perhaps one of our Sisters who work in that area can enlighten us.

Peace and Love, Joanie

good thread I have often wondered that sitting in a boring meeting who around me may also be a CD. I am sure some one is but who
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by MarlenaCD View Post
    I would say there is a good chance even if a friend of yours is "a sister" you will never know. Sad, isn't it ?
    Very much so. Maybe it will change someday.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

One of my friends openly admits he likes stockings and silky underwear and painting his nails. So um... I guess he's a CD.

Another hasn't said anything but his wife describes him as a lesbian trapped in a man's body so I wonder...

I'd say the percentage varies where you live. I've been in a Sydney op shop (Oxford st. area) where there were three other girls at the same time. It can get quite competitive but at least there's no embarrassment in trying stuff on. On the other hand TG friendly stores probably concentrate the sample.

I know this one jerk a**kisser at work who I avoid like the plague, a while back he left his computer on after he left work, someone got into it and found his pic file and he's a cd. No one at work let on, directly, but they know

Now I know and my feelings about him haven't changed one bit.
    Never did care for him. One of those few people I wish I never knew.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Hmm I know of one TG but he's pretty out in the open about it. I'm thinking about telling him about me so he knows he's not alone. The rest of the gay crowd I hang out with thinks he's a little weird because of it but they all accept him regardless. I wish I had the guts to come out in the open like that. As far as other guys I know I wouldn't think so. Though all of the guys I know including me dress androgynously. Hmm one day I'll kick this closet door down.
    Beware the pink fog..........oh what the hell enjoy it. I know I certainly am!

Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    Pretty much every guy has thought about it.
    1 in about 100 have likely done it once behind closed doors
    1 in about 1000 may have done it on halloween or a special occasion (i.e. in public)
    1 in 100,000 have likely done it in safe areas like gay or transvestite joints - at night!

But I may be wrong

Many people believe the biggest problem is at estimating any number or any ratio concerning a fuzzy population. Whereas, the real issue is at carefully defining what you want to count. When a definition is unambiguous, there exist almost always efficient means to estimate the ratio of this carefully defined population.

Anyway, several of your figures don't relate to what I got from careful cross analyses of various large scale in-depth studies, polls and various testings. And I have got convergent figures using entirely diverse and independent procedures about "regular crossdressers (RCDs)".

Of course that's entirely true that many (if not most) men crossdress (or have crossdressed) according to any very broad definition of crossdressing.

But, if you refine the definition to genuine men who crossdress :
    . regularly and often ; and NOW (not only some time in the past)
    . as a rule wholly dressed as a real woman
    . because they like (or need) to CD and not for any other practical reason (what means : neither for money/ job / entertaining others, nor just for sex and for nothing other)
    . not denying themselves as being CD/TG

=> you will find convergent figures between 1 per thousand and 1 percent.
    My best estimate in our western countries is around 5 or 6 per thousand.

Many of these RCDs either go outside in the real world from time to time, and/or have at least come out to their SO if they dress only home. When going outside (at the supermarket, shopping, or just walking in a rather desert and safe area), most of them get unnoticed. Most of them will never go regularly to TG or gay clubs, nor will go out for special events. But they go outside from time to time, almost unnoticed, in the town, or even better in the country. The key factor is most go outside RARELY, nevertheless they go outside from time to time. Many are rather introverted people who prefer dressing only home. They needn't to go outside that often.
    Being rarely outside, often unnoticed, almost never attending events or going in gay/CD friendly clubs, they will escape detection from most of people.
    Yet they are at least one in a thousand in any open western country such as UK or France.

Therefore if your basis for estimating is from considering the number of CDers going in gay/CD clubs, you will underestimate dramatically the number of their population.

You wrote :
    "1 in 250,000 have actually been out dressed in a town or a City in daylight."
    My suggestion is you can easily multiply this ratio by a factor of 100 to 500 :
    . depending on your definitions of a "town" , "daylight" , and especially on the number of times they actually did it.
    . discarding areas where the risk level may be too high.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I will take a guess and say that none of my guy friends dress. Or if they do they are like me and they are well trained at staying in the closet.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth